What's new

Snype's short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rox

I used ti trade a paper account on kaching, but they have recently stopped the free account:moon:

I made 4million in 5months on there, mainly trading apple stocks which i purchased at $188 a piece..they topped out at $260 :ying:

another sleeper i was tracking was riotinto (RTP) but they had a share split and i lost money on that...

S

sparkjumper

Invest in private correctional facility stock and watch the dollars roll in.

Snype, i think CMG is ready for a big drop, do a little DD on that one. I also think the entire market is going to take a big hit. Here is my number one trade right now is Beef, all those folks that lived on seafood will now be buying beef, chicken, Pork something not from the Gulf. I think it will double in price in the next 6 months. Good luck on your trades

C

cyberwax

Nice, thanks for the reply snype.

I really want to try out trading with stocks, how much money must one actually invest to make this worth the work? I mean there are costs within buying stocks etc.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Snype, i think CMG is ready for a big drop, do a little DD on that one. I also think the entire market is going to take a big hit. Here is my number one trade right now is Beef, all those folks that lived on seafood will now be buying beef, chicken, Pork something not from the Gulf. I think it will double in price in the next 6 months. Good luck on your trades

The ranchers been doing this for years, it's standard business practice among most.

Shorting their positions to hedge market conditions.

Not a bad play, if you don't mind futures.

:joint:

NoSaint

Snype, I need your opinion.

I've been doing nothing but studying and reading about investing/trading for months. Have a zecco and sharebuilder account. I mostly use the sharebuilder, has a higher fee than zecco but if I do automatic investments i get 12 free trades a month.

Now here is my problem. I have no real money to invest with. My goal at the moment is to build the money up to a decent amount to start trading. I only have 400$ worth of stocks right now spread out over 3 different stocks. Every tuesday I will be auto investing 50.00$ minimum until I get a decent amount. I plan on rotating which of the 3 stocks the 50$ a week goes into on which one is down a little and wont be too bad of an entry point the day the money will go in.

The 3 I have chosen are

NLY mostly chose them because they pay an almost 16% dividend and seem fairly safe.

MRVL I believe that company will grow and has been going up.

WFT company provides equipment for oil and nat gas drilling which is never going away

I'm willing to ride these long term because I basically have no choice until I get enough money built up to work with.

What do you think of this plan? Do you think these stocks are the right stock picks to do what I am trying to do? Any suggestions? If you think there is better stocks to pick than these I'm open to suggestion.

Like I said, I don't have enough money to make quick trading a viable option, so I need to build.

Snype

Veteran
The market is down today and one of my stocks is doing real well so I sold today. Here is what I sold and when I bought it:

CIGX (Star Scientific) • Bought on 6/14/10 for $1.50 / share • Sold on 6/17/10 for $1.80 / share • Total profit = +20%

The market is down today but I still was able to sell one of my stocks and make a 20% gain in 3 days! Now that the market is down, I'm going to do some research and buy something else by the end of the day. I haven't been able to read any of your posts yet but I will sometime today and I'll respond.

Last edited:

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
I know this didn't slip by those that watch...

Spot gold hit an all-time high of $1,261.90 an ounce, but was bid at $1,256.65 an ounce at 3:20 p.m. EDT (1920 GMT), against $1,243.40 late on Thursday. U.S. gold futures for August delivery also climbed to a record at $1,263.70, and settled up $9.60 at $1,258.30, its highest ever close.

Just throwing it out there...where does it go from here ?

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
BP and RIG and HAL were all down big..Seems RIG and HAL is recovering... But BP ?

I shorted all 3 of them on May 5th...up 170%..covered last week.

Now I sit on my hands and go play!

I personally don't like DRYS..Thats your choice.I like SEB but shipping is not going to come around for a long time..better money to be made elsewhere.

Snype

Veteran
I know this didn't slip by those that watch...

"Spot gold hit an all-time high of $1,261.90 an ounce, but was bid at $1,256.65 an ounce at 3:20 p.m. EDT (1920 GMT), against $1,243.40 late on Thursday. U.S. gold futures for August delivery also climbed to a record at $1,263.70, and settled up $9.60 at $1,258.30, its highest ever close."

Just throwing it out there...where does it go from here ?
It's hard to say where it's going in the short term but long term it'll continue to rise. I'm always buying gold but I buy gold Eagles in ounces. I remember when gold was $298 per ounce and now look at it. I might even like Silver more than gold right now.

BP and RIG and HAL were all down big..Seems RIG and HAL is recovering... But BP ?

I shorted all 3 of them on May 5th...up 170%..covered last week.

Now I sit on my hands and go play!

I personally don't like DRYS..Thats your choice.I like SEB but shipping is not going to come around for a long time..better money to be made elsewhere.
That's dope that you covered your shorts last week! Looks like you made a killing. I know what you're saying about DRYS but I've been waiting for this move for a while. In the past this stock would move pretty fast and it is very low and has a lot of room to move. Once it moves it'll move fast so I like to stay in here and there cause it seem to make it's moves over night. SEB is already at a high for the year and I don't like to buy stock at high points. I like to short company's that are at peaks in the current market. If I buy I try to pick stocks that are pretty low compare to their high. It's more risky but I can make a lot more when I get something to move. Once the market goes to 12k on the Dow, I'll be looking for my shorts. Congratulations on your BP short, that's why the market is so great!

I'm subscribed and eager to learn more. Are there any resources (not mainstream) that you'd recommend for us newbies to learn more about learning how to trade?

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I think BP's stock is going down for awhile...not sure when it will stop...like the oil spill..like the stock.It's leaking.leaking.

j6p

I think BP's stock is going down for awhile...not sure when it will stop...like the oil spill..like the stock.It's leaking.leaking.
BP closed below $30 today, from a 52 week high of $62.38; price cut in half. Might be worth keeping it on the watch list until the remaining bad news is out. With luck it could go down to $20 before bottoming :D

Meantime the drillers and E&P prices are extremely volatile from day to day, because of this BP fiasco and crude price instability. This creates some day trading opps for the brave and bold: check APA, RIG, EOG, DO, etc.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran

Sorry man, couldn't resist...

He leakin' yo...

0.jpg

Short Aug. Sugar

:joint:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

here's a cheap stock that everyone can afford to buy in bulk, TXCC (NASDAQ) Transwitch Corp. it closed @ $2.38 today and is always on that roller coaster ride (buy low sell high) @ an affordable price per share.

52 Week High 6.32
52 Week Low 1.46

if you can afford ten thousand shares & wait for it to go up only 25 cents you'd make $2500 assuming you enough have takers for that many shares when you're ready to sell. and yes, that many shares & more can/do trade on an average day.

bobblehead

Veteran
Nothing I like more than an educated stoner. I have a finance minor myself. :D Do you have any background education Snype? or are you self taught? It sounds like you've really got a grasp on this, and some years of experience. How long have you been trading if you don't mind my asking? I'm going to assume that you have some stocks that you are holding on to for the long run, and you day trade for fun... Making lots of money is fun. lol Like my finance prof always said "Show me the money!".

Status
Not open for further replies.