What's new

Snype's RDWC Construction Tutorial For 250 Watts - 7,600 Watts!

Thanks Snype.

I don't think I can support 2x 1000's in each room. Power and heat load may exceed what I can provide. I wonder if a single 1000 on a light mover would be any more effective than 2x 600's?

Snype

Veteran
Thanks Snype.

I don't think I can support 2x 1000's in each room. Power and heat load may exceed what I can provide. I wonder if a single 1000 on a light mover would be any more effective than 2x 600's?

I ran 1000 on 4x6' tray with a light mover 3.5 for many years. It worked well. It all depends on how big you are going to grow the plants. If you are working with plants up to only 24", 600's will be fine. If not, maybe a light mover would be better.

Catatafish

Veteran
Snype, im in the middle of putting the flood table together today and have a couple questions for you. I never ran a flood table like this so im not very familiar with it.

1. If i read correctly you run it with out any extensions or screens on the tub outlet side correct?

2. How long do you flood it for once you hit the level of the net pots with solution? Is it just enough to get em wet or do you let them soak for a little bit, say 5 or 10 mins? I still need to grab a timer for this, hoping i can find one locally. Wondering if one of those standard 15 min interval timers is too long and i need to get something like a short cyle/repeat timer.

Snype

Veteran
Snype, im in the middle of putting the flood table together today and have a couple questions for you. I never ran a flood table like this so im not very familiar with it.

1. If i read correctly you run it with out any extensions or screens on the tub outlet side correct?

2. How long do you flood it for once you hit the level of the net pots with solution? Is it just enough to get em wet or do you let them soak for a little bit, say 5 or 10 mins? I still need to grab a timer for this, hoping i can find one locally. Wondering if one of those standard 15 min interval timers is too long and i need to get something like a short cyle/repeat timer.
A standard 15 minute timer is all that I use. The important part of the process is that the plants hang. I only flood the table for 15 minutes. You won't need any extensions as long as you get a pump that pumps faster than the system drains. I usually use a 400 GPH pump on one of the fittings. One of my pumps broke and I only had 2 175 GPH pumps so I just attached them to both fittings and the system drains through the pumps when the system turns off. Plenty of ways to do it. It's all about the frequency of the flood over time. It's supposed to be more frequent through time until you are flooding every hour or 2.

Catatafish

Veteran
Thanks. Building a stand now and will start testing tonight. I only have 350 mag laying around that i use for the cloner....hopefully she'll get it done.

Snype

Veteran
Thanks. Building a stand now and will start testing tonight. I only have 350 mag laying around that i use for the cloner....hopefully she'll get it done.

There are different size Ebb and Flow fittings for trays. There's like 3 or 4 sizes. I make sure to have as many as I can find to make it work properly. You should be fine. I'll have to give some more details with pictures of the way that I like to hook them up. I'll do that sometime.

sheepfarmer

Can suggest a straight or 90 degree pipe fitting for putting a spout in a 5 gallan wine pail..Have used this myself, memory tells me the hole was half inch with male half outside and female inside... Screw together giving a pressure fit... Tight with no leaks after 4 years

Snype

Veteran
Am interested in your pail re-cycling system willit be available as a D.I .Y. project on site

Not sure if you're talking to me. If you are referring to the bigger containers for 1 plant per light or a few plants per light, then yeah. I will have a construction thread for it in the future.

As far as the fittings that you are talking about for a bucket, just go to home depot and look at all the PVC fittings and you will find something that works.

Magic M

Great thread Snype! you have made me completely rethink my intire statagy! thank you so much for all the time,knowledge& patience that you put into these threads:woohoo:

JointOperation

snype.. u could start selling packages of all the parts for us lazier DIYers lol.. i love making shit. but i hate going to the store.. just to forget a few pieces .. to go back out again lol.. if someone was selling pre packaged gear.. so i could build my own.. and all i needed was Tools.. id be on board to buy them up.. and im sure theres tons of people who dont like spending 800 on a 6-12 bucket system.. that would be willing to pay for someone to gather all the parts.. and bag it up. an ship it lol.

Snype

Veteran
snype.. u could start selling packages of all the parts for us lazier DIYers lol.. i love making shit. but i hate going to the store.. just to forget a few pieces .. to go back out again lol.. if someone was selling pre packaged gear.. so i could build my own.. and all i needed was Tools.. id be on board to buy them up.. and im sure theres tons of people who dont like spending 800 on a 6-12 bucket system.. that would be willing to pay for someone to gather all the parts.. and bag it up. an ship it lol.

Have you been reading my mind? I've brought up the idea to a grow shop that I'm working with and we are just working on the business behind it. Hopefully I'll have some news within the next 30 days. You have a good point!

JointOperation

Have you been reading my mind? I've brought up the idea to a grow shop that I'm working with and we are just working on the business behind it. Hopefully I'll have some news within the next 30 days. You have a good point!

ya honestly.. parts for those systems.. parts for closed loop systems for bho.. vacuum chamber parts like the tops and shit.. i mean the possibilities are endless with just buying a bunch of shit at a good prices.. and putting packages together.. bamm.. money money money..

especially since ur doing good money wise.. u could buy low and sell lower then what the pre made shits going for.. and make some serious loot. and Legally start a business. which could then funnel some money Cough cough

dreaded

^^^ I'd buy it.....
piecing together my system now.....someone spoke of washers leaking, where can i get the washers that don't leak?

D

DapperDon

That is what you are paying for when you buy an $800.00+ system: Someone to get all the parts for you to put it together. I seriously doubt Snype has the time, or inclination to go to HD to do the thinking and shopping for you as well. Lol. I have based my entire system around Snypes plans/tutorials/knowledge base and it has taken me months to arrange it all for what works best for my needs. It takes time and to get the results that he gets, you have to put in the work. You have study and you cannot be lazy with this. Every single time I see someone solicit help from Snype it comes down to the ones that never listen to his instructions all fail and those that do listen to him go on to success because they were not lazy.

Snype

Veteran
^^^ I'd buy it.....
piecing together my system now.....someone spoke of washers leaking, where can i get the washers that don't leak?

Ok, i've had enough of your washer problems. I'm going to give a few thousand washers to:

Northern Roots Grow Supply

I'll give you guys the contact information when I confirm everything with the owner.

The washers don't leak as long as you set everything up properly. I'll give everyone some more details very shortly. I hope you guys don't mind paying $1.00 - $1.25 per washer.

That is what you are paying for when you buy an $800.00+ system: Someone to get all the parts for you to put it together. I seriously doubt Snype has the time, or inclination to go to HD to do the thinking and shopping for you as well. Lol. I have based my entire system around Snypes plans/tutorials/knowledge base and it has taken me months to arrange it all for what works best for my needs. It takes time and to get the results that he gets, you have to put in the work. You have study and you cannot be lazy with this. Every single time I see someone solicit help from Snype it comes down to the ones that never listen to his instructions all fail and those that do listen to him go on to success because they were not lazy.

I find time for things that I feel are important to me so I can find time to work on these things for you guys. I'm really happy that you are trying to get everything together. It's really easy as long as you follow the instructions just like you said. The learning curve is not crazy. I have a guy who never grew a plant in his life set up 4,000 watts and 2 systems and he got 7.5 pounds on his first crop. I was amazed.

Snype

Veteran
For anyone paying attention, for nutrients being used in the system, please use 1 part GH FloraMicro to 2 parts FloraBloom and don't add any Kool Bloom at any time. Just the micro and the bloom at these rates is perfect and for 1,000 Watt bulbs with CO2 you don't need to go over 2.1 EC at any time. For smaller lights you would go lighter on the nutes. There's so many other smaller details that I need to tell you guys but I have to finish some other work first.

Snype

Veteran
OK guys! Here's the information to place your washer orders:

Northern Roots Grow Supply
207-875-2089

The catalog name is going to be RDWC Neoprene Washer

4 bucket systems = 20 Washers
6 bucket systems = 28 Washers
8 bucket systems = 36 Washers
10 bucket systems = 44 Washers
12 bucket systems = 52 Washers

1-49 washers will be $1.25 each plus shipping

50+ washers will be $1.00 each plush shipping

I'll update this information into the first page of this thread. I don't know how many that I have left so if you need them fast then place your order as soon as you get a chance because I have to manufacture another 10,000 of them which takes time.