What's new

Snowcap the truth please

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
I got a snowcap clone from mendo healing in fort Bragg before they got shut down. Anyone know the truth about this clone? Huge and I mean huge buds grew on a modest plant outdoors.

thanks.

redrider

California snowcap

California snowcap

I don't know about your clone but I grew some snowcap from seed and it is VERY good.

U

uncle_shorty

from seed? was this snowcap seed or snowbud aka akorn seed from THseeds? Anyone figure they are the same?

leroymmj

Well, you got the Ft. Bragg Snocap which is the Sativa type clone with haze in it, then you got the Snocap clone that most people regonize and it's indica dominate that might be alot like Humboldt Snow. I have the indica type one from MyGreenHeaven. old co-op.

leroymmj

There is a thread on here someplace that talks about the two different Snow Cap's....Here is the one I have. Smells clean, like a fresh breeze in a forest after a rain. I know it's a terrible description, but it does. It smells clean.

G

Sometime ago on another auction site that no longer exists, I picked up some "Snow Spice". I thought it was mentioned that these were from Norhtern Cali.

The only reference I could find to "Snow Spice" on the web is as follows:

From The Joker Collection - Mostly Sativa. NL x Skunk x Original Haze. Flowering time 8 to 9 weeks.

I wonder if it's any relation to the above "snow" strains?

Mais-

leroymmj

That's just a name.... Humboldt Snow, SnowCap, Snow Queen... ect. You might be refering to the "White" strains, such as White Widow, White Russian, ect... ones that really frost up.

G

It’s in the canable 3 by jason king, described as tasty potent herb that has a very very low resistance to Powdery mildew, that was found by growing out 100 seeds from sensi seeds indoor mix in California. That makes me believe that it is clone only, my freind has some mother plants given to her and she was trying to decide if it's worth growing out due to the PM concerns.

G

How potent did they turn out? If they are good maybe well give them a run.

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
slips said:
It’s in the canable 3 by jason king, described as tasty potent herb that has a very very low resistance to Powdery mildew,

Like I said no problems with that. Just because they get in one location doesn't mean it will always get it. Good airflow is key.

leroymmj

No pm problem here either. I think he was talking about the other Snocap, the one with haze in it found accidentally in a pack of Greenhouse seeds, I'll go find the thread...

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
leroymmj said:
No pm problem here either. I think he was talking about the other Snocap, the one with haze in it found accidentally in a pack of Greenhouse seeds, I'll go find the thread...
Nothing against Jason King, I find his photos more enjoyable then the copy.

Story on Snowcap from Hightimes article "In search of Chemdog":

Dude in Western Mass buys killer pot in the early 1990s for $500/oz. Finds 12 seeds, which the grower Chemdog calls Chemdog. The strain has spawned Sour Diesel, OG Kush, and Snowcap. Breeders have Chemdog clones and crosses are in development. So says HT.

Latest posts

Latest posts