What's new

~SNOWBOARDERS~

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
anyone make it to the hill/mountain yet? i'm awaiting my 10th season debut, been snowboarding since 6th grade. just gotta rock this plastic neck brace for a few more weeks. hope everyone is doing good and have a safe season.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
Endo said:
i havent boarded in like 3 years since my knee surgery, gonna get a new board this winter, any recommendations on size type what not? im 6'1 about 240 pretty sure i need a big board, i dont need anything fancy, not planning on doing any jumps or anything until i get my legs back, (still scared of ****ing up my knee again) i have boots i just need some good bindings and a new board.. thanks guys!!

Endo
make that 2 of us. well kinda. im still waiting for my knee surgery 3 years after i ****ed up my knee

its killing me not to be on the slopes... :cuss:

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
bongasaurus said:
make that 2 of us. well kinda. im still waiting for my knee surgery 3 years after i ****ed up my knee

alot of people say its not a big deal, but i tore the shit out of my miniscus a few years back, not snowboarding but that made it worse, i had to have most of it removed, it was either that or be layed up for weeks, from when they tried to repair/stitch it up. so i chose to have it removed, that way there was much less chance of it tearing again. it was so bad at one point that if it popped, i wasnt able to walk for like days on end. i really wanna try boarding again i just dont wanna **** up my knee. or mess up the other one for that matter. but hey no pain no gain i guess. what did you have done BONGASAURUS?

SwissBliss

Me and the wife will be in Whistler Snowboarding and getting high for the first time in over a year in less than 5 days!!! Can't wait!! PM me if you are in BC and wanna hook up. we will be there from the 13th-24th....

~SB~

G

SB, did you narc your wife yet, like you did your other friend? Sheesh...

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
Don't see too many Europeans in this thread .. I've been snowboarding for a few season right now, mainly in Poland, Krynica. On longer trips we used to go to Slovakia which has some wonderful mountains, I recommend Tatranska Lomnica - it's about 3000 meters high (9000feet for US folks).

Right now I shred on GNU CHB 161, last weekend I went to Krynica and finally got to ride this year. The board is awesome, not too stiff and not too soft. Perfect for me as I like to hit every kind of terrain, from courduroy to street jibbing, which I have another board for - a super soft 155 L4Y that I found in the woods last season :)

Wish we got more snow, right now it's raining heavily but it seems that there's enough snow in Beskidy (mountains in south east of Poland)

Great pictures and vids everyone, especially that big ass air, respect :)

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yo thor, you like street jibbin? shit man, we need to shred somewhere. too bad you are in europe though. i'm in the great white north of the U.S. aka 'minneSNOWta'. you must be tall riding a 161. i almost got this years GNU carbon high beam, but could not find many reviews about it, so i went with forum eddie wall destroyer from last year.

endo - wear some knee pads. i do and it gives me lots of confidence. with snowboarding, i find it hard to really **** up your knee unless you land on it. your ankles are pretty much secure too. most people who get injured just doing plain riding break their wrists most often or arms. if you know how to fall, it makes it hurt less.

thanks everyone for stopping by. get some pics up!

Endo

Veteran
cant wait to go.. gotta wait till january, the end of the retail season.. then we are good to go.. ill probably slap on my knee brace and some pads just in case.

Endo

Veteran
bongasaurus said:

just reread your post.. you still need to get surgery... do it man. just get it done b4 you hurt it even more.. i dont regret getting it one bit.

simpleword

Snows startin to hit here in Northern California, I've got my brand new board and boots waiting, getting the rest of my gear ready to start riding in the next few days. I just picked up my season pass and I'm hoping to get at least 70 days in this season. Gotta love the 15 minute drive.

tngreen

Veteran
thats a good idea, lc00p4, never thought about kneepads. my knees are always in pain after a trip so i may have to give that a try. this year, i am going with some wrist guards though. can't count how many times ive almost broken my wrist. im gettin anxious! cant wait to try out my new gear!

G

got out for my first day! being a lazy stoner has taken its toll on the legs and they turned floppy after an hour of riding. gonna have to do leg presses all week and maybe a bit of running in the snow.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
me too! i just hope i don't re-injure my neck and have to wear a halo again... that would suck so bad.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
Endo said:
alot of people say its not a big deal, but i tore the shit out of my miniscus a few years back, not snowboarding but that made it worse, i had to have most of it removed, it was either that or be layed up for weeks, from when they tried to repair/stitch it up. so i chose to have it removed, that way there was much less chance of it tearing again. it was so bad at one point that if it popped, i wasnt able to walk for like days on end. i really wanna try boarding again i just dont wanna **** up my knee. or mess up the other one for that matter. but hey no pain no gain i guess. what did you have done BONGASAURUS?

i dislocated my knee real bad snowboarding a couple years back now. poped out just as i was cruising. not even a bail on a jump or anything just leaned back which led to snowmobile and ambulance rides in a stretcher. how disapointing... :badday:

there talking about shortening and lengthing the ligaments on either side of my knee. still a little nervous about it, i just worry it might make it worse, im really double jointed and flexible as it is. ive also heard some horror stories about knee surgery. still got pain day to day if im on it too much so i figure ill get it done. theres a year waiting list for this around here...

man i wanna shred some pow

Latest posts

Latest posts