What's new

~SNOWBOARDERS~

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
just went snowboarding for the 1st time since my neck injury 2 days ago. i swear the moment i'm back on a snowboard, it's the most amazing feeling ever. my snowboard and bindings are awesome like i expected. i'll get some gnarly pics up in a week or so after i get some good sesh's in.

FrankRizzo said:
Old Man- Ak, you are one lucky f*cker. Wish I could be up there in the 5 degree weather. Bet it's amazing.

Amazing is right bro....this was the sickest weekend Ive had in over 15 years. I cant remember having that much fun for as long as ive been boarding.

Ever had the problem of too much snow? It was tough to get momentum....but when we got it....there was no slowin down. Epic....i tell ya...EPIC.

oh....and it warmed up to 12 that day
:joint:

sugabear_II

Veteran
hey boarders, what up?

going to hit Jay peak next weekend

pm me if you're going to be there and we can have a big session!

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
Frontside Noseslide in the backyard... didn't take too many pics this season cuz i had to go easy on the neck.

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
whats up everyone! i finally get to go boarding again next week! gonna be up in the Rockies of CO like usual. ill try to snap a few pics.

Went skiing in Austria for 3 weeks , 13 years ago :( It was the best holiday ever.

You guys are so lucky to live in places with snow. I would need like $4000 now for a 9 night ski trip. ridiculous!

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
Hey, how's the snow in your area ? Still able to ride ?

Early this year I was coming back from my local hill and had a terrible car accident. The broken leg pretty much excluded me from all my plans. I hope to be able to ride next season without having to care about my knee and the thigh.

The good thing is I am getting a lovely Capita Stairmaster 156W for the next season :) I can't wait till it'll be snowing again, I'll be shredding 24/7 :D

Peace

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
sup thor? there is still snow in my area and there is a local hill i can hike that has snow until beginning of may because it doesn't get much exposure to the sun.

btw, capita stairmasters are sick! you gonna get last years model or next years?

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
Howdy koopa! I'm getting the 07/08 model as I really like the graphics. I've heard amazing things about this board, hope it's as good as they say.
Did you do any jibbing this year ? I got to hit only a couple rails, nothing big

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
jibbing? yeah i jib in my backyard sometimes like in the pic above, but didn't do any handrails this year. remember, i broke my neck end of summer, so i really had to take it easy. the jumps at my park are huge, but they lost their touch, so i sesh the rails more.

you will really like the stairmaster! i used to have a slightly older model capita that had a huge blue lightsaber on the bottom and starwars graphics on the topsheet. some fool stole it from my apartment though, so i ride forum now.

Going up to alyeska for my final day of the year. 811 inches of snow has fallen....thats somewhere around 60 ft at the top. We have had a cold blast(normal for april in ak) so its 28F and dumping. At the top they have 17 inches of fresh pow...so...theres nothing better id like to do on my sunday then go tear that shit up. Im going to take my cam so ill see if I can get some shots to share later.

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
Old man- I've been looking at pics of ak from Jeremy Jones blog and they are beyond incredible. I have started a fund to try and make a trip next winter. I'm gonna save my pennies and try to spend a day or two up in a heli. You ever done that?

dfa

i cant wait to take heli one day. i could sure use a pow day but im no where near a mtn right now..

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I know several of their team riders and they all seem to like them. They do get paid to say that to the public, but I have asked them in a private setting where they would admit if they were crap. From what I understand is they offer lots of support. I haven't tried them myself for at least three years and they have come a looong way since then. I will say the pair I tried three/four years ago was garbage, but from the looks of thing they have gotten better.

dfa

at my mtn flow bindings usually means bad steez.

i can strap in faster or just as fast with regular bindings.

Latest posts

Latest posts