What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

SoulShine

Hey Pan-op! Hadn't checked your thread in awhile. I believe you are mastering the microgrow, man! Nice job! You are dialed in.

Wishing you seasons greetings and a Happy New Year!

SS

C

crownedsparrow

what are you using to tie down the plant? props on the LST'ing thats sweet man.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
SoulShine said:
Hey Pan-op! Hadn't checked your thread in awhile. I believe you are mastering the microgrow, man! Nice job! You are dialed in.
Thanks for the kind words...

It seems I'm getting a little better at growing, but I'm still a ways away from mastering much of anything. Honestly, I can't wait till I move out of my apartment, so I can get a 400HPS and start playing with the big kids...

crownedsparrow said:
what are you using to tie down the plant?
I found this really dope plant velcro at Lowe's hardware. It's got green velcro on one side and soft white fuzzy stuff on the other and comes in a 10 or 20 foot roll.

I cut one long strip of the plant velcro and hot glue it all the way around the rim of my pot. Then I cut a shorter strip and wrap one end around the stem (soft side facing in) to be trained, and attach the other end to the velcro around the top of the pot. It's much easier to use than string, and is strong enough to hold a plant's branch in place. I won't LST without it...

Sammet said:
I can't believe the very bottom photo on the right, thats like 32 minicolas on one plant(at a stoner estimate). You've got mad LST skills panop.

word... i had the same thought.... the number of TOPS is insane!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Sure looks like 2008 is going to be an herb filled one for you. Keep us posted on how things are going. You bring up a good point about the bud development. The plant is definitely larger and I'm curious to see what will happen with your yield this run. Either way, it is going to be a good one :joint:

What are your thoughts about replacing your 150 lamp? Do a few runs then change? Lumen depreciation is a drag..

-Funk

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
hey killer plant dude, you are talented when it comes to lst i bow to u. an if your worried about not haveing enough light with just the HPS, then put a couple 27w or 42w 2700k CFLs in there they will help alot with that HPS. check out 1000bulbs.com, hope that helps...god luck

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
FunkBomb said:
What are your thoughts about replacing your 150 lamp? Do a few runs then change? Lumen depreciation is a drag..
I'll probably do one or two more runs with the current lamp. I already have another 150w bulb handy, on the off chance that something might happen to the current one. I've heard of people getting three or four good runs off of one bulb, so I'm shooting for that.
cfl...KING said:
hey killer plant dude, you are talented when it comes to lst i bow to u. an if your worried about not haveing enough light with just the HPS, then put a couple 27w or 42w 2700k CFLs in there they will help alot with that HPS.
I appreciate the kind words, dude...
You're probably the fourth or fifth person to recommend side-lighting with CFLs, and I'm strongly considering it. I've still got three 42w bulbs leftover from the first run in the Panopticab, so all I'd have to do is purchase three bulb bases and install them. I don't generally like modding my cab while a grow is in session, but I might make an exception this time. If I don't get to it during this grow, I'll definitely install them before flowering out the next plant...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Update, a day late...

Veg Cab...

Hashberry @ week 7 veg...

NLxWR @ week 11 veg...

Bubbleicious @ week 13 veg...

Snow White B @ week 7 veg...

Time for some budshots!

Last edited:

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
how long did it take you to get that advanced in lst? how do you do it? something about a velcro strip? oh an your gurls are so fat the should be on the show the biggest loser....lol lookin good

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
cfl...KING said:
how long did it take you to get that advanced in lst?
I could read your question two ways so I'll answer them both...
1. How long did it take you (the grower) to get that advanced in lst?
A. It didn't take me that long, because the theory is simple. I'm in the middle of my third grow, so I don't really consider myself that advanced at all. Let's face it, the plant did most of the work. I just guided it's growth...

2. How long did it take you to get (the plant) that advanced in lst?
A. It vegged for 13 weeks, and was LST'd since it was about 4 nodes tall. After the plant reached a certain height (about 3 or so inches off the top of the pot) I started topping to keep an even canopy...

how do you do it? something about a velcro strip?
Yup. It's that simple...
I must have read ABC's and LST's a hundred times when I was reading up on how LST worked, and realized that everyone was having to punch or drill holes into their pots or cabs in order to train their plants. Instead, I glue a strip of velcro material to the outer rim of my pots. Then I stake another piece of velcro and wrap it a time or two around the stem I want to train, then attach the other end to the velcro glued to the pots. Basically, this pulls the plant sideways, and holds it there. It's just as effective as twine when training, and is easier to adjust...

oh an your gurls are so fat the should be on the show the biggest loser....lol lookin good
Thanks, dude...
They're not huge, but they're numerous.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Another update...

Veg Cab...

Hashberry @ week 8 veg...

NLxWR @ week 12 veg...

Bubbleicious @ week 14 veg...

Snow White B @ week 8 flower...

Right now, she's looking nice and cloudy. By the end of the week, she should be amber and ready to chop. I'm a little disappointed with how my yield is looking. LST is a great way to build an even canopy, but it can have it's limits. I think I pushed this plant too far considering the wattage of the light it's under. With a more powerful light, I'm sure this plant would've fattened up considerably.

Either way, I can't wait to chop it and have some homegrown to blaze on in a week or two; not to mention I'm ready to get that Bub flowering and see if I can do better next time...

J

Jebus11

Good luck bro, Could consider another 150watt and get a Stanley blower and you have yourself a little "coolcube" :p since its definitely not a tube, but the lights are separate from the plant. Either way :joint: have fun with harvest

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shame about that SW B mate, I was hoping she'd get a bit larger too. Saying that, I'd still be super proud man, she's a beaut and a good testament to your growing skills. Roll on the bub!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Well, I checked the Snow White this morning and it was about 70% amber.
I gave her the chop this afternoon and set her out to dry.

Today is day 0 of flowering for the Bubbleicious.
I transplanted her into a 2 gallon bucket and reLST'd her in preparation for her big day tomorrow...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Ugh...

Here's my pitiful harvest shot.

Here's what I'll do differently next time...

1. Use a reflector. It'll probably be homemade, but anything will help. I think I would've seen an increase in the penetration power from the 150w HPS.

2. Better manage plant height. I let the plant get too tall. I was under the impression that all that tall growth would develop buds, but the canopy was so thick that light couldn't reach past a 4-5" in depth. Next time, I'll either go a little harder on the LST, supercrop, or a little of both.

I'll get 'em next time, I guess...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts