What's new

Snap's 1st Stab - Welcome to Snapland..

neongreen

Veteran
Sorry I spoiled your surprise Snap :spank:

But now that the cat's out of the bag, it sounds like a nice little upgrade :D

I have to say though, TV and fish tank on top of a grow cab... that could be asking for trouble! I can see multiple ways that could all end in tears, but as long as you know what you are doing, I'm sure you'll be fine bro!

Perhaps B&Q will cut the MDF to size for you if you ask. Should make it a bit easier to haul back for you. Ring around... I'll bet theres at least one retailer that will deliver at no extra cost.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I have to say though, TV and fish tank on top of a grow cab... that could be asking for trouble! I can see multiple ways that could all end in tears, but as long as you know what you are doing, I'm sure you'll be fine bro!

LOL you could be right.. all will become clear once it's done and I get a few pics. Fingers crossed there will be no tragedy - it's quite a small fish tank!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the cab sounds like a good idea snap - i woukd consider using plywood as it has considerably more strength than MDF - especially if you are putting something like a fishtank on top. it is also much more water resistant!
good thing about a fishtank is that the pump and filter noise will mask yout tent noise as i'm sure you know :)

you germed the C99 yet??

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Hey bro, C99 are germed and above dirt. Just moving onto their second leaf sets. :woohoo: Can't wait to see what they throw down when I flip them!

I thought about ply, if I was actually using the box as a grow cab I definately wouldn't be using MDF as I'd be concerned about offgassing, the glues used to bind the board will release formaldehyde with the heat of HPS etc. I'm basically building a kind of "hutch" with a top, sides and back. I'm going to use 2 x 4 to give it some strength all the way along, which hopefully should be sufficient support to not give me any concerns. I'll use 18mm MDF which will help too.

I've been pretty slack with pictures lately as everything is a mess whilst I'm in transition. I've found a local timber yard to cut and deliver the wood now though, so a few more days and hopefully things will be finito!

neongreen

Veteran
if I was actually using the box as a grow cab I definately wouldn't be using MDF as I'd be concerned about offgassing, the glues used to bind the board will release formaldehyde with the heat of HPS etc.

Hmmm. That might explain why my previous indoor grows didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked. Nice one Snap. I think you might just have solved a riddle that I haven't managed to solve after quite a few years! :respect:

Starting to like the fish tank idea now. Good point on the noise being covered up VG. It could work quite nicely if you did it right. Perfect for watering too... just siphon a bit of water from the fish tank! :joint:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Starting to like the fish tank idea now. Good point on the noise being covered up VG. It could work quite nicely if you did it right. Perfect for watering too... just siphon a bit of water from the fish tank! :joint:

Thats my main reason really, I enjoy fish anyhow of course, but the pump etc provide a good excuse for that end of the room making strange noises. A fridge would be another decent thing to blame a bit of noise on..

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Little seedling update, have ended up with 9 x C99 BX-1, 4 x Sonic Fly, and 2 x Cheese/G33. My first time germing a bunch of seeds in this soilless mix, and I let the top get a bit too crusty, which is why I lost a few of the Sonic Fly. The rest still managed to find their way up though :woohoo:

Here they are so far.. seemed to manage to miss one or two seedlings with the camera.. :noway:

Cheese x G33

picture.php

picture.php

C99 BX-1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sonic Fly

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Here's a few macro/supermacro shots I got earlier on. Any advice on how close this girl is to finishing?

I can see mostly milky, some clear, and ever so few amber. I'm thinking another 10-14 days.

Here we go then..

Bubblicious x DSD Stocky Pheno Day 59 12/12

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

A few days ago one of the stemmy bottom branches broke, had about a spliffs worth of popcorn on it, so I left it to dry on an air pump, took about 3 days. The smoke was surprisingly potent, and definately hit me quite hard - promising sign!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look pretty much there to me mate - perhaps a few more days but you could happily take them any time imo

V.

neongreen

Veteran
I agree with Verdant.

If you liked the the buzz from that sample, IMO you won't go too far wrong if you harvest now!

Or you could always hedge your bets and chop the upper half now, leaving the lower/smaller buds to get more light and fatten up a bit.

Either way, I wouldn't wait too long or you might miss the peak-potency window.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Cheers for the advice guys, I've been watching the trichs like a hawk. Today it's 95% cloudy and 5% amber, maybe the odd single clear trich heh. Gonna chop her tonight regardless, can't wait to try her when cured.

The smell is hard to put my finger on, not the stinkiest in the world but a pleasant funk. I will give a proper taste and smoke report when it's cured.

I didn't manage to root any clones from her, so I'm going to leave some growth on and try a reveg for the first time. The other two phenos are a bit behind, and filling out every day still.

This stockier pheno didn't produce any new pistils for about 5 days, then started foxtailing just before the weekend. I'm guessing if I left it til those pistils browned I would have much closer to 25-30% amber. Perhaps I will also leave a lower bud on and let it go that extra week or two to compare.

A few pH and other issues along the way, hence the scabby nature of some of the leaves! I did my best to flush, have been doing so for 6 days now, but tbh the nutes were kept very low most of the time.

Here we go then, prechop pics.. :woohoo:

Bubblicious x DSD - Day 70 12/12
Canna Pro Coco with Canna A/B nutes
Vegged approx 30 days in 2L pot
Flowered in 3.5L pot under 150W HPS

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
My poor neglected thread! I will endeavour to update with some pics asap.

I screwed up on the lone Cheese x WW, and Bubba x OGK, so they're gone.. didnt feed enough N early in flower and they pretty much shed all of their leaves within a few weeks.. well, what I actually did was went a tiny bit heavy on the high N guano right at the start of flower, they stretched like buggery, so I stopped feeding N, and they went over yellow and spat off all their foliage. All good fun and learning!

The Psychosis, on the other hand, is doing pretty damn well - 8 weeks deep and absolutely REEKING.. the smell is penetrating in a similar way to the Cheese, even with my big ass scrubber and fan combo. I will search anyway, but any experience on how long should I take the Psycho? (edit: just checked a couple of old PMs, 11 weeks is apparently good for a firm slap to the dome from the Psychosis cut)

Everything else is looking good, within the next week I'll be flipping:

9 x C99 BX-1 (3 confirmed girls, 3 I think are possibly girls)
4 x Sonic Fly (2 confirmed girls, 1 other I think is possibly a girl)
1 x Chocolope (vegged for a scary amount of time, three main leaders at 18-20" - I'm worried how big she's gonna end up!)
1 x FFA, Psychoberry, Ultra Sonja (all been vegged a while now, ranging from 14-20")

Will get pics as soon as I can..

Last edited:

Ryu

Hey Snap, the dsdxbub cross looks great man and those leaves ain't scabby - mini smoke report request after you sample it please. Shame about the wwxcheese but if you ain't tasted psychosis yet, your in for a proper treat mate :)

I totally agree with 11 weeks also. One of the few erbs that you can still taste after it's just dry, flush it well and you'll be right if you ain't got time to cure. If your tolerance ain't that high it really isn't that bad at 8-9 weeks, just not a full lipsmacking taste or that narcotic, almost no lemon or fruity undertones.

C99 is always a good thing, just popping some Apollo 13 now, will be nice to see how they compare.

Last edited:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hows it growing mcsnappler ,checking in
dsdxbub looks great ,if ur likin the pysco ur gonna love the pberry
lookin forward to ur pics
:respect:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Hey Snap, the dsdxbub cross looks great man and those leaves ain't scabby - mini smoke report request after you sample it please.

Hey bro, well all three Bubblicious x DSD females produced some very respectable smoke. Unfortunately everything has been in turmoil recently so I didn't get any chop pics of the other two.

Pheno 1 - Fastest, Stockiest Pheno
I chopped most of this at 10 weeks, and left a few buds on which I took at 12 weeks. Seemed like it could be a really good yielder in the right setting, big fast buds. The smell was initially quite weak, the weakest of the three, and what started out as an aroma that resembled those candy bracelets we used to buy from the sweet shop as kids, mellowed into a nice skunky hum in the jar.. the candy aroma only really comes out when you grind the herb. The smoke, whilst not unpleasant, didn't really translate any of that aroma into taste. The potency was reasonable, but it's definately not amazing - when a certain friend told me it was good "daytime weed" for him, he didn't mean it had a good up high.. he's a just pussy, and meant the weed was weak enough he could blaze it all day and not get too stoned.

Pheno 2 - Stretchier Pheno 1
This was taken at 12 weeks, and is like a stinkier, more potent, generally better version of the one above. It didn't look like she would do as well yield wise, but really threw on the size in the last few weeks. The description of aroma above applies again, but in stronger tones, and a bit more of it comes through into the taste, though it's still not really tasty weed.. 3 weeks cure so far, though, so that could still change for the better. Potency is good, definately satisfying to smoke, a pretty balanced high.. good daytime weed but more for the quality of high this time - I think it could really kick your arse taken 13-14 weeks though! Maybe not a keeper, but could be worth another run.

Pheno 3 - Stretchier Pheno 2
This pheno was slowest, and produced the least of the three plants. She was a bit more finicky, I found it harder to keeper happy, but she still produced the best smoke of the three. The quality of high, and potency, is pretty similar to Pheno 2, but the taste and aroma is much more raw. Whilst she was growing she was the stinkiest, and is definately the most tasty and aromatic of the three. The smell is more of a fruity dank smell, more of a raw, fruity skunk than a sweet, candy one like the other two. This also translates into the taste, a nice fruity smoke too. The closest I found to a keeper from the three I think.

I killed off pheno 1, pheno 2 is (hopefully) revegging, my pheno 3 reveg attempt decided to die on me, despite having the same treatment as phenos 1 and 2 which were both doing alright. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to run the remaining plant again yet.. I think it depends how the other stuff I've got shapes up in flower.

hows it growing mcsnappler ,checking in
dsdxbub looks great ,if ur likin the pysco ur gonna love the pberry
lookin forward to ur pics
:respect:

Hey m@rg good to see ya. Can't wait to sample the Psycho and really can't wait to get the PB into flower. I'll get pics asap. Do you find the Ultra Sonja to be superfast in veg? She's outgrowing everything else by miles..

Ryu

Wow, awesome report man, thanks. I have heard reports of some deeply orange tasting pheno and was wondering what you got. They sound ok but not against other wee tastier choices you got.

Later mate

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking fucking delishious Mc!!
i c you got ya hands full ATM.....way to go mate !

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I have heard reports of some deeply orange tasting pheno and was wondering what you got

Weird you say that, at one point the smell coming off pheno three was pure orange citrus, unfortunately that smell disappeared further through flower.

looking fucking delishious Mc!!
i c you got ya hands full ATM.....way to go mate !

:respect: bro, always a pleasure to have you visit my thread.. looking forward to sharing a joint at the cup next year.. :joint:

Wow My friend your buds look amazing super good man. You should definitely keep the pics updated on this thread and it would have more activity. I will stay tuned my friend. The people deserve to see this perfection man please please keep us updated. Respect Bredren.

Latest posts

Latest posts