What's new

Snap's 1st Stab - Welcome to Snapland..

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome Mc! Those flowering gals look real nice...awesome training on them....
Looks like you have some nice new genetics to try out also! FFA! wooHOO!~

Keep up the good work bro
MP

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
cellardweller.. thanks bro!

neongreen.. cheers dude, not been practising.. did manage to borrow a couple of lamps though, amazing the difference lighting makes. I will definately experiment with more perlite in the mix when I transplant the Chocolope. She's definately not been overfed, in fact far from it.

Hey MP.. thanks a lot. Can't wait to taste what the FFA is all about!

iGro4Me.. thanks for passing through man. I'm getting used to this waiting malarky, good things and all that.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:

nice 1 snap ,u got quite a selec goin on eh ,lookin real nice at urs..come harvest time and ur gonna be spoilt for choice :joint:

fingers crossed for the 3 sad ones

have a gd one
:respect:

dreadvik

Wow lookin like a hot selection! I'm getting lazy on this side and keep starving mums! under ventilating my veg room and all sorts but everything is coping OK with it hehe :)

Just cracked a chocolope myself too so well see!

The girl asked me if I can get her Juicy Fruit but I can't find it anywhere :(

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
looking nice mate - how was the cheese to smoke??

Cheese was lovely man, maybe not the most flavoursome bit of UK Cheese I've ever had, but I can't wait for the next bit to dry and cure. Chopped it a couple of days ago, will post some pics once dry.

I've thrown the two Bubba x OGK, the Psychosis and the Cheese x Widow into flower, when they start doing anything exciting I will post some pics of them too.

Most of the new arrivals are absolutely booming now, apart from one FFA which is for all intents and purposes, dead.

For now, here are my latest beans being cracked.. Some Mosca C99 BX-1 and Sonic Fly, and two UK Cheese x G33.

Ryu

Hey dreadvik, pretty sure sensi seeds had a problem due to he same name as the chewing gum.

I think they had to name it fruity juice or pay lots of money. Try this:
http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/Sensi_Seeds__Fruity_Juice.cfm?iProductID=2569

I had this about 8 years ago in wales from a London grower along with some jackherer - both were totally unforgettable, jack for the high, juicey fruit for the taste and happy buzz.

Awesome selection Snap, always like paying you a visit as you always got something new going down.

Respect

dreadvik

Ryu: Cheers bro I thought it might be. Yikes on the price though, think I'm gonna have to split it with someone local :) It sounds worth the dollar from what you say though :)

Snap: You got me watching closely as usual :) I'm even wondering if i should soak my chocolope seed now, it's been 8 days :( Sorry to be hijacking your diary slightly ;)

neongreen

Veteran
Whats the FAA snap? Sounds interesting!

Sorry to hear you lost it mate :badday:

I like the sound of those beans you're popping :canabis:

dreadvik

Whats the FAA snap? Sounds interesting!

Sorry to hear you lost it mate :badday:

I like the sound of those beans you're popping :canabis:

FFA? Free For All, from Canada I think I read in another thread. I think above Snap had more than one or at least I hopes for him :)

It sounded interesting although I've forgotten what cross it was :(

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
McSnap is gettin it on here...wow...I like the lighting in your images..and the resins of course...DD

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Had the girls out to water earlier, grabbed a quick snap of the stocky pheno Bubblicious x DSD at day 46 12/12 - not sure how much longer she's got to go, I have no clue how to judge - trich shots are a bit fuzzy as I didn't have proper lighting and snapped these on the quick.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ryu

Ola Snap, it's hard to tell without tric shots but I think a couple weeks from what I can see.

Ain't seen any that were quicker than 10 weeks but I like around 20% amber if possible.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Ola Snap, it's hard to tell without tric shots but I think a couple weeks from what I can see.

Ain't seen any that were quicker than 10 weeks but I like around 20% amber if possible.

Cool, thanks bro, I need to get me one of those eyeclops things, or a loupe, been meaning to get around to it.

Got my new 400W lamps today, almost the final piece in the puzzle of my improved grow space. Itching to get it rolling now..

neongreen

Veteran
Snap,

It's subjective, but for max potency you should harvest when the trichs are starting to turn amber, after that potency is usually on the decline and the effects get more couchlock as the cannabaloids degrade. Like Ryu said, about 20% amber is good. I usually take samples before and leave a bud or two on to see what it's like a few days later if its a new strain.

To me that looks like all or perhaps 80-90% are cloudy and the rest still clear. No amber yet... but snip a bud, label it, dry/cure it and compare it to your other samples... that's the only way to know for sure.

Increasing your lighting power snap? Have you tried running bulbs vertical without hoods? It's a neat trick to get more out of your light :joint:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Sorry I didn't drop you a mention before doobieduck dude, thanks for the good wishes!

Increasing your lighting power snap? Have you tried running bulbs vertical without hoods? It's a neat trick to get more out of your light :joint:

You must have ESP or something.. :yoinks:

Was going to save a bit of detail for when I had the new system finished, but I basically picked up some REALLY cheap 400W ex-warehouse lowbay lamps on fleabay (there are one or two left, PM me if you want a link :joint:) which led me to go shopping for a few other bits and bobs too.

What I'm actually going to have when it's all rolling will be:

Veg
Budbox Small 75cm x 75cm x 100cm (current flower cab)
either 330W PL-L CFLs or400W MH (not decided yet - the lamps came with conversion bulbs though so it's an option)

Flower
120cm x 100cm x 100cm DIY grow tent (more of this later when its up and I have pics)
Vertical 400W HPS with vert scrog modules, and shelf modules for running seedplants in smaller pots

Feeding
Tropf Blumat auto-watering setup, to complement the organics I'm rapidly becoming fanatical about.

It's been a few weeks in the making because I've been gathering various bits and bobs gradually, as I track them down. My final hurdle is getting some large MDF sheet back to the den from B&Q. I'm sure as buggery not going to be hiring a van, so I'm waiting on a couple of pals to help me out.. white van man is notoriously unreliable!

The two tents are going to be placed under a new "cabinet" that I'm building for the room they're in, which will have curtains on the front, and a TV and fishtank on top.. I'm trying to bring a little discretion to my grow, as it's currently plainly obvious to anyone who sets foot in the room.

Latest posts

Latest posts