What's new

Smokin's Vertical Cabs

SmokinErb

DF is right. It was on his advice that I started buying up Karma gear. Never even heard of Karma Genetics before then. He advised I get the D-Kush, and I got it. Haven't ran it yet, didn't (and still don't) know how well my AC will handle the mid-summer heat, so I won't be popping 'em until fall.

Everything karma offers is pretty much fire. I'll be getting another few strains of his. Wanna get happy brother and happy kush and ghostrider og, then I'll be waiting some new gear from him.

Anxiously awaiting the Karma OG in the making.

SmokinErb

Damn ... Gotta grab sum karma gear .... Hopefully I get this tester spot ....

I'll let you know, Karma is good to good testers. I'm testing his Biker Kush and just started the Anonymous test grow. He included a free pack of c99 x biker. He's also stated he'd gift me a pack of Ghostrider OG on the house.

His big issue is, out of 10 test grows, he's lucky to get 2 completed. Too many people just do it for free beans, and don't hold their end of the bargain. So instead of building a long-term relationship, and getting hooked up regularly... they bounce on keeping a grow journal for a single free pack of seed. Seems silly to me.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Sucks about the choco-heaven I wanted to see one of them/get a smell report.

What's that stuff on your walls called?

SmokinErb

The stuff on the walls is just some plastic netting/fencing I had around. attached it to the walls and use it as an anchor point to tie the plants back to.

Marlo started it, I just mimic because I've seen his results.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Hmm I'll have to peek around at homedepot for it. More interested in it for it's scrog ability, you can keep each top exactly where you want it with one of them, opposed to one of them with the 5" squares.

edit: Lol.@when I just tried to say 't h e d e p o t' it changed it to "the thieving con-man's place"

SmokinErb

Day 36 +/-

Sorry for the quality. Left my camera charger on the east coast. Should get it in the mail this week.

LdG5kyu.jpg

cCbpgcN.jpg

6Y2asWa.jpg

pKSvkyG.jpg

ErRhgQU.jpg

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
hey man what cordset did you buy to hang your bulb? or did you wire it up yourself? thanks bro, everything is looking great!

SmokinErb

I just got the cord for my ballast that had loose wires on the other end. Paired it with a mogul socket in a metal work box from the hardware store.

SmokinErb

Definitely on the agenda!

I plan in getting another ballast after this round is harvest and dried. I'll be adding a large CFL above my T5 to allow me to veg more plants out to accommodate this.

I think ideally, 8 plants per level would be nice. 24-30" tall, topped once. So 16 plants need to be vegged, ready for flower... every 5 weeks... in a 2x4 veg area.

3 packs of seeds. Heh. I have a hard time doing 2 packs right now, but with an additional CFL above the T5, and a couple of trays with 3" pots in 'em... I think i can do it!

Everything else has been cake. AC cools the entire garage in 90f, easy. Only get a few triple digit days in the summer here.

I might even be able to swap out the 400's for 600's in the winter.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
just want to make sure I got all the details right... you are running 400w in a 4x4 with 6.5' of height?

how many plants can you fit in each 4x4? how many do you think you could fit a 32"x32" space? do you think it would be too crowded? I am thinking of buying a 32"x32" tent and running a 600w dimmable on 50% power...

SmokinErb

just want to make sure I got all the details right... you are running 400w in a 4x4 with 6.5' of height?

how many plants can you fit in each 4x4? how many do you think you could fit a 32"x32" space? do you think it would be too crowded? I am thinking of buying a 32"x32" tent and running a 600w dimmable on 50% power...

More or less, yea. It was SUPPOSED to be a 4x4, but somewhere in the construction I went wrong and it's about 3'9" instead of 4'0.

How many you can fit would depend a lot on the plants growth and how big you grow 'em. I'll be experimenting with plant count, but I think 8 is going to be the number, with plants slightly smaller. 2 per wall seems to fill the canopy better than trying to stretch out one plant per wall.
Got 6 plants right now, would have a much better canopy with just 7 plants. But I don't plan to veg this long in the future, so I figure 8. Once I stack lights, 16.

For the 32", depending on how you grow, I'd say 6 plants.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
really considering copying your whole idea but just not one big cab... just the flower area...

what size fan/filter would you say you need if you were just ventilating one flower chamber?

plants are looking great bro... can't wait to hear final yield and smoke reports...

how do you like your galaxy select-a-watts? you have the 1000/600/400 or just the 600/400? I am really considering getting one of these... would love to hear your opinion...

SmokinErb

I follow what DHF preaches. 2x per minute exhaust.

L x W x H = cu ft x 2 = needed cfm. For mine, I need roughly 208 CFM.

I have no idea how to calculate static pressure and all of that, so I just assume that the fan will lose half of its CFM to filter/ducting. So I multiply the 208 x 2 = 416 cfm needed. This results in 208 actual cfm after figuring for static pressure. If anyone has a better *simple* formula for this calculation, please share. not really sure how much a filter slows down the air moved

I have a combined ~550 CFM in fans exhausting the entire cab (6" + 4" both pulling through filters.) My veg cab runs warm, even with just a T5. Could be fixed with a 6" intake rather than 4" I believe. Flower cab runs spot-on, 75-78f.

SmokinErb

I've got the 400/600/1000 model. Unless something happens in the future, this will probably be the only ballast I'll buy.

Had it for about 3 years now, no issues. First digital ballast I ever bought. Do not regret it at all. Was $350 when I bought it, can find 'em for $200 now. Plan on getting one in another couple months.

I love it because it allows you to run whatever you need. Allows you to grow and use larger bulbs without additional cost. It's dimmable like a lot of other models, so if you have a larger bulb and its running too hot.. you know what to do.

They make a few models that I know of:
150-175-250
150-250
250-400
400-600
600-1000
400-600-1000

I could swear I've seen all of those combinations at one point or another. IMO they should just make 2:

150-250-400
400-600-1000

SmokinErb

Missed a couple questions, sorry.

Grow amps? No idea. Don't even know what improvement was made. I don't follow any of the "hype" or anything, the newest and latest. I try to depend on the proven, what works. Those tiny technological advancements equate to a few extra grams and aren't worth stressing about.

I chose the select-a-watt for its versatility. It's what I prioritized over anything else.

I run a Ushio Hilux.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
awesome I plan on going with the 400-600w model and running USHIOs as well... I will be buying 400w bulbs for now and if I feel like expanding later I can...

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking tits bro..

That *biker le blanc looks dank+++

I've heard lots of good things about her. ..

1st grow I've seen of her. .. I see why.. Beautiful job...

Nice pics... Wish they were scratch and sniff... Hope they don't smell like my screen. ..lol

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Latest posts

Latest posts