What's new

Smoking with friends - Compensation?

S

SCROG McDuck

i used to give my bud away to friends apart from the odd bit to fund
the next grow then i got busted and im lucky if i could have got a few
draws of a joint off any of them.
now i would rather just put left over bud in the bin than give it out.

There you go...^^^

Like bionic said: "Friends don't charge friends for smoking them out."

but who are your friends?

bionic: "If I feel someone is taking advantage, they're not invited back."

You might find you have fewer 'friends' than you thought.
So be it.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't keep score with friends. sharing with true friends always proves to come back around to you some how. But I have had the same group of friends for 20 years now. they are my brothers now. Whats mine is theirs

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There you go...^^^

Like bionic said: "Friends don't charge friends for smoking them out."

but who are your friends?

bionic: "If I feel someone is taking advantage, they're not invited back."

You might find you have fewer 'friends' than you thought.
So be it.
I was sort of down n' out for a couple of yrs, my situation didn't include a lot of time or money for weed. During that time a friend would stop by a smoke me up never asking that I match him up on a joint because he knew where I was sitting. Now the shoe is on the other foot as they say, he stops by & I provide the tokes as he can't afford much of his own.

I never apologized for being broke & smokeless a few yrs ago just as he doesn't have to say a thing here either, it's understood.......

TruthOrLie

Veteran
The thing is, weed and gold used to cost the same price per ounce not too long ago.

If you go around handing out free gold ignots and coins, and then the price of gold soars to 3x or 4x what it was, did that gold you handed out for free earn you debt owed?

NO.

Furthermore, you go around handing out free gold ignots and coins, then the fools you give the gold to are going to look at you and think "this guy can just give gold away?" and now you're being sized up as a potential target for most people.

When you give your fries to the bum, it doesn't stop him from looking at your hamburger.

S

SCROG McDuck

The thing is, weed and gold used to cost the same price per ounce not too long ago.

If you go around handing out free gold ignots and coins, and then the price of gold soars to 3x or 4x what it was, did that gold you handed out for free earn you debt owed?

NO.

Furthermore, you go around handing out free gold ignots and coins, then the fools you give the gold to are going to look at you and think "this guy can just give gold away?" and now you're being sized up as a potential target for most people.

When you give your fries to the bum, it doesn't stop him from looking at your hamburger.

Well said, TOL.:dance013:

Kinda like feeding the sea gulls.. when you do, sooner or later they will shit on you, for no good reason.

Is it me or are these last bunch of posts are starting to sound very politically orented.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I grew up not having a lot of money and any weed I ever had needed to last as long as possible I learned rolling and smoking a joint wasn't the best way to use my smoke IMHO so I always used a one hit bong. So don't waste your smoke on Blunts and your stash want disappear as fast.
Good Luck

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
If you can't afford to share, don't. You said this was a friend. Friends don't charge friends for smoking them out. When you come to my house, you get food if you're hungry/drink if you're thirsty. I don't expect payment and wouldn't accept it if offered. That's just how I roll. If I feel someone is taking advantage, they're not invited back.

Exactlu!!

Plus your way overpricing your weed man,4-500 an oz is highway robbery,10/gram the right way then you wouldn't be as butt hurt if ho only gave you 5-10 bucks for a gram as that's what its worth no matter what grade of bud.

K

kayaN0W

NO.

ahhhhhahahaaa.....thats an o so priceless post lol.
Im wit the previous post, save up ur darned blunt roaches and suckem thru the ole bong with him, if ur feelin o so gracious that is.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran

NO.

I don't think anyone would suggest giving out stash to random people. We're talking about friends. And you can't plant a perpetual garden of gold. (If you can, hook a brother up!!! :thank you:)
But keeping with the analogy, if I had a prosperous gold mine, I would, most certainly, share the wealth with my brothers and sisters! That's not even a question! I wouldn't be doing my duty as a friend if I didn't.

BTW Truthorlie, I hit one of the post rep buttons by accident when attempting to quote you. If I hit the negative, I apologize and will gladly give you positive rep to counter it. If I hit the positive, well,.. there you go! :tiphat:

ZEROorDIE

ive been up and down the rollercoaster so to speak. i used to share very liberally. and i have recieved a lot in return. maybe not the total ive given out but i cant say that i expected it all back.

i see it as paying dues. but theresa lot more scoundrels out there these days it seems

woolybear

Veteran
He comes to me a lot for personal smoke, he wastes it so many ways (IE, using blunts and only taking a few hits while he sits there and lets it burn away)

This is BS... maybe he just needs to be told the 'house rules'... I knew a chick who would burn all the green, leaving none for anybody else... She was a bit of a bitch however, sometimes peeps don't know, and this guy friend sounds like a bit of a dweeb.

Dödsknark

Every other time he comes over and buys from you, ask him if he wants to blaze, then roll one up from the bag he is about to recieve.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is BS... maybe he just needs to be told the 'house rules'... I knew a chick who would burn all the green, leaving none for anybody else... She was a bit of a bitch however, sometimes peeps don't know, and this guy friend sounds like a bit of a dweeb.

yes one of the reasons I have had the same friends forever is mutual respect for weed etiquette.

whodair

Veteran
Smoking with friends - Compensation?

i was thinking of charging my kids for breakfast this morning...those bagels arent free kiddies !!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
i was thinking of charging my kids for breakfast this morning...those bagels arent free kiddies !!

I tend to have a li'l more $$ than many of my friends--
But I do not, for one second...forget that they are the ones that I get most of that $$ from!!
I ONLY deal with friends...and it is my pleasure to smoke them out-- It doesn't even come into my mind that it might be "Their Turn"--
Oh, I love it when they pop by with something different...but it is never expected!!
Besides...I have a "20 Minute Rule"-- No In's and Out's!! lol
I'm a sick bastard...I LOVE getting ppl exceptionally high...like when they just have this confused look on their face!!
Tonight it was with Hash, Oil...and Wax-- :headbange

EastFortRock

The only thing that would bother me about smoking people out is having people think I was growing . If your growing a decent amount, a couple grams is nothing.

S

SCROG McDuck

I tend to have a li'l more $$ than many of my friends--
But I do not, for one second...forget that they are the ones that I get most of that $$ from!!
I ONLY deal with friends...and it is my pleasure to smoke them out-- It doesn't even come into my mind that it might be "Their Turn"--
Oh, I love it when they pop by with something different...but it is never expected!!
Besides...I have a "20 Minute Rule"-- No In's and Out's!! lol
I'm a sick bastard...I LOVE getting ppl exceptionally high...like when they just have this confused look on their face!!
Tonight it was with Hash, Oil...and Wax-- :headbange

Exactly the point.. "
"Oh, I love it when they pop by with something different...but it is never expected!!"

At least they 'give it up' once in a while...:jump:

Wud da fuk iw "WAX"?

Latest posts

Latest posts