What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking weed while pregnant?

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Do you guys remember the propaganda about crack-babies??

Turns out that was fetal-alcohol syndrome caused by the mothers drinking to come down.

Something to think about.

jd4083

Veteran
People who are so undisciplined that they cannot quit smoking for less than a year to protect the health of their unborn child should not be ALLOWED to have children in the first place. That kind of shit sickens me.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
People who are so undisciplined that they cannot quit smoking for less than a year to protect the health of their unborn child should not be ALLOWED to have children in the first place. That kind of shit sickens me.
People that spout off on subjects they're completely ignorant of.... really sickens me.

In other news... the baby is SUPER happy and active. After 2 months of laying down she's trying to sit up and will try to stand and even walk if you just hold her hips. I'm talking deliberately picking up her feet and putting them down, one at a time in front of each other. Doesn't seem interested in crawling at all and is trying to mimic speech already. :D

Pretty damn good for a kid that wouldn't be here without the use of Cannabis to control nausea for the first 8 months.

Stay Safe!

ka0tik_kreati0n

♥-_-~Praying the Lord my soul to keep~-_-&#9
Veteran
I will quit smoking, but im definitely going to vape. It will help so much more vaping.. it takes less to get me high & the high lasts longer....

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I will quit smoking, but im definitely going to vape. It will help so much more vaping.. it takes less to get me high & the high lasts longer....
Vaping will remove the dangers associated with low oxygen for the baby. :)

Prohibition makes the costs extremely high.... but if you can at all achieve it.... eat it. Cannapills or baked into something NON-sugary that you can eat, 2-3 times a day, will be much better.

Your body will process it more effectively and you'll feel better for not riding the up-down coaster that smoking causes. :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

ka0tik_kreati0n

Veteran
I would definitely a mom smoke(injest/consume whatever) cannabis than smoke cigs..... way worse... as much as I know the contents of whats IN cigarettes.. I still smoke, yes Im a slave to my addiction...I dont think I want to be pregnant anytime soon, in fact I may just stop with my son... I need to make an appt at my ob to get back on birth control

usda101

Ok...

I do not mean to intrude, and I ran a search to no avail.

I am not pregnant, nor is anyone close to me.

This is a friend of a friend, who is very pregnant ( not sure how far along ), and she is smoking weed. Good weed. (My Casey Jones)

I for one do not agree with her choice, and now feel bad about being the catalyst.

I also want my friend to talk to her (not my place), but I want to know if this is as dangerous to the fetus, as i think it is...

TIA, and I once again am sorry to intrude...
the worst thing in the world is a bitch without maternal instinct not to smoke while preagnant an i no its a mind your biz world we live in, but you have to call bullshit out when you see it i hate when i see females driving in there car with kids in it smoking newports im not trying to offend my brothers or sisters who do but you shouldnt smoke anything around kids its our choice to take the toxins we do into our body lets not expose them to it .we make a lot of legitimate points for advancing our cause for the medical purposes for cannibis an growers rights a person like that only gives desenters to our cause talking points against us, an dilutes the movement so when we see someone abusing those who cant speak for themselves we must speak for them even if it means loosing a freind we all have done stupid shit in life but we no right from wrong an she make thank you when her baby is healthy

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
People that spout off on subjects they're completely ignorant of.... really sickens me.

In other news... the baby is SUPER happy and active. After 2 months of laying down she's trying to sit up and will try to stand and even walk if you just hold her hips. I'm talking deliberately picking up her feet and putting them down, one at a time in front of each other. Doesn't seem interested in crawling at all and is trying to mimic speech already. :D

Pretty damn good for a kid that wouldn't be here without the use of Cannabis to control nausea for the first 8 months.

Stay Safe!

Let's tell that to the kid that called us all bitches for smoking.

You that called us bitches, gtfo of this thread if you want to make references like that. You will NEVER win this one, so shut it down.

MJ has saved babies, but a closed mind thinks the drugs they give pregnant women aren't damaging to a fetus, if not fatal. Fucking dumb!

I'm glad your baby is happy and healthy Hydro....I bet your wife could have really kept her water and food intake up without MJ....yeah, right. She did the right thing babe;)

ka0tik_kreati0n

Veteran
oh yea - I once dated a guy, and we would hang at his cousins where he was staying, and his cousin had a 12 year old who had ms or some other debilitating illness.. but his mom actually wanted everyone to smoke weed & blow it in the kids face.. I thought that was really weird.. but with all the medical expenses they had, pain killers werent an option... the kid actually got pissed and would moan till someone would blow it in his face. obviously it made him feel better, and I wouldnt want anyone in pain....

usda101

Let's tell that to the kid that called us all bitches for smoking.

You that called us bitches, gtfo of this thread if you want to make references like that. You will NEVER win this one, so shut it down.

MJ has saved babies, but a closed mind thinks the drugs they give pregnant women aren't damaging to a fetus, if not fatal. Fucking dumb!

I'm glad your baby is happy and healthy Hydro....I bet your wife could have really kept her water and food intake up without MJ....yeah, right. She did the right thing babe;)
someone throwing the ball back an forth about using vaporizer as opposed to smoking cannibiss has some relevance an im not tyring to win any argurment but any morone knows the carcinaginse from combustion are not good for you an not for an fetuse we all no this is a medicine but properly adminstrating it is the issue i guess there are countless drugs out there that do more harm then good but mj or nothing else should be smoke while preagnant period an if you cant put your mind around that its hopeless an the bitch comment wasnt meant to be disrespectful so have a hit a relaxe just i am very passionate about this issue

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
someone throwing the ball back an forth about using vaporizer as opposed to smoking cannibiss has some relevance an im not tyring to win any argurment but any morone knows the carcinaginse from combustion are not good for you an not for an fetuse we all no this is a medicine but properly adminstrating it is the issue i guess there are countless drugs out there that do more harm then good but mj or nothing else should be smoke while preagnant period an if you cant put your mind around that its hopeless an the bitch comment wasnt meant to be disrespectful so have a hit a relaxe just i am very passionate about this issue

Ok.... I understand you're new to the site and all, but uh.... can ya use the enter key once in a while? Please? Maybe thrown some punctuation? Nothing personal, I've just found that people are more willing to read what you type.... if it's clean and orderly. You could have the most important information in the world... and most folks will just skip over it.

I'm all for removing prohibition so mothers can go back to tea/Cannapills/tinctures that are made with indica-free cannabinoids.... by companies that are known for their clean and superior product.

Right now our women have to deal with what they can get. Had my wife been in a non-cannabis state.... she would have had to smoke dangerous amounts of cannabis.... we're POOR. As it is... I grow Potent meds and picked up Potent meds from the dispensaries when I didn't have enough.

Good thing cannabis is "dangerously potent" these days... only took a couple hits for her to be able to eat. If we'd still been in a non-cannabis friendly state... she would have had to smoke waaaay more... seriously decreasing the oxygen levels in her and the baby's blood stream. Smoking is STUPID, but it beats not having kids. :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
my daughters mom smoked weed during her entire pregnancy, up until the day before birth.

at 10 years old, she already has one published book, straight A's, made the honor role and takes high school classes after school, while attending a private school.

i dont think the pot smoking was detrimental in the slightest way....

Trichromedout

Recovering Seed Whore
ICMag Donor
My wife and I just had twins children 3Vape for the sake of everone involved

My wife and I just had twins children 3Vape for the sake of everone involved

We just had our 3rd and fourth child as twins my wife used herb tgo alleviate morning sickness and help with mood changes and irritibility. All of our children are healthy and strong and bright. Show me some peer reviewed studies that show harm and I might think twice about the benefitgs to risks. Coffee, cigareetes, alchohol, and over the counter meds pose a much greater risk. Try living with a pregnant woman that dosent toke on bad days, good luck buddy. Yes smoke is harmful to the mother, so vape or eat it, but smoke does not directly effect fetuses. Maybe pregnant wome shouldn't use cellphones or get ultrasounds either! Some people have strong opin ions about bab ies and that is understandable, just don,t crucify moms for making different choices than you would. I wouldn't want to be pregnant think about it.....

ka0tik_kreati0n

Veteran
I smoked about 4 cigs a day when I was pregnant with my son. He is perfectly healthy at age 2 1/2; no asthma, at birth he was 8 lbs 15 oz so no low birth rate.. seriously everything in moderation ppl

Latest posts

Latest posts