What's new

Smoking weed while pregnant?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check with Dr.

Symptoms can be eased by ginger or ginger tea, magnesium and Vitamin B.

No expert in this area, IF you were going to use cannabis to help morning sickness, nausea, I'd think edibles would be better than smoking.

I know millions of to-be mothers out there have smoked while pregnant. However, you want to give your new born a fighting chance...why have it saturated with cannabinoids?

That's a tough dilemma.

RedBeardy5

I knew a few people that smoked while pregnant and their kids had weird development problems, such as the tongue being connected the the mouth. Doctors had to do a surgery to cut it free.

Ok...

I do not mean to intrude, and I ran a search to no avail.

I am not pregnant, nor is anyone close to me.

This is a friend of a friend, who is very pregnant ( not sure how far along ), and she is smoking weed. Good weed. (My Casey Jones)

I for one do not agree with her choice, and now feel bad about being the catalyst.

I also want my friend to talk to her (not my place), but I want to know if this is as dangerous to the fetus, as i think it is...

TIA, and I once again am sorry to intrude...

did she buy it through the friend or through you ? confused why there is a middle man cause if she buys it through him there should be no contact between you or her because you both are just thing 1 and thing 2 to the middle man.

fire the middle person.

sprinkl

Veteran
wouldn't want my spouse to be high/smoking (insert any herb) during her pregnancy.
since imho cannabis IS a drug, it obviously has not only effects on the state of mind but also on the body.
that's reason enough for me to be against smoking while pregnant.
remember: you want the best conditions for this new life that's growing inside there...at least i do!

Offcourse it is better to stay completely sober and eat as healthy as possible, but wouldn't cannabis be less harmful than a whole bunch of pharmaceuticals that are supposedly fine while pregnant? Thinking aspirine, pain killers, anti-nausea meds... And as someone else said, fastfood, sugared food/drinks? Stress due to work/other factors, air pollution, etc

Being stoned out of your mind all the time can't be good for a fetus but a little here and there can't hurt that much either I assume, it's the most natural drug available, if you vape or eat it there isn't even any smoke which can restrict oxygen flow. And if it can help a mother get in a completely relaxed state it could even be a good thing?

It's just all people I know that been smoking for years and years can attest that it has no negative effect on their health, given you have a healthy lifestyle otherwise, most concious stoners I know are in far better shape than the factory fed sheeple... Can't say that's the same for heavy cigarette/alcohol/pharmaceutical users.

X

xavier7995

Someone close to me would occasionally have a hit or so to help with nausea. She couldn't keep any food down otherwise. The ideal would be nothing at all of course, but the risks of very light use don't seem that severe. Kid turned out amazing.

R

Raw_Dog

Smh. I guess you have to take the high road for this question but I'd rather take the honest one. Based on the evidence of people I know very closely, there are no adverse effects on children whose mothers smoked marijuana. If you guys seriously think it is something wrong then you shouldn't do it yourselves. I believe marijuana is the golden herb of the world. Smoking it is just one way to use it. Marijuana has never shown any ill effects on babies or birth defects. I was enjoying the great American answers on here, it was quite comical. Please people, marijuana doesn't have a bad or negative physical property in it, so what's the issue? You can NOT compare it to alcohol or tobacco or place it in the same category.

Ohhh, I forgot the Food and Drug Administration said it was bad!

Last edited:

Team Microbe

Veteran
Children may have a different reaction to cannabis at such a young age. While consuming CBD is healthy for adults and their endocannabinoid systems, I'm not sure one should subject their unborn child to it (especially if it's not organic medicine).

On the other hand, children rely on the cannabinoids found in mother's milk to help inoculate their guts and bring health levels up to par... so part of me feels like ingesting safe medicine (especially in oral form) would only improve the health of the fetus before exiting the womb. Too bad this is such a new thing in our country, there would be a few doctors that could shed some light on the question without giving out all these anecdotes.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
smoking anything while pregnant is bad

if a woman uses edibles, or maybe vape/dab, i dont think it will hurt the baby. but the baby will probably get high :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Children may have a different reaction to cannabis at such a young age. While consuming CBD is healthy for adults and their endocannabinoid systems, I'm not sure one should subject their unborn child to it (especially if it's not organic medicine).

On the other hand, children rely on the cannabinoids found in mother's milk to help inoculate their guts and bring health levels up to par... so part of me feels like ingesting safe medicine (especially in oral form) would only improve the health of the fetus before exiting the womb. Too bad this is such a new thing in our country, there would be a few doctors that could shed some light on the question without giving out all these anecdotes.

Trace levels of endocannabinoids are found in breast milk to attract a child towards breast feeding. Comparing that to the massive levels of exocannabinoids one would find in breast milk as a result of cannabis consumption is ridiculous. One would hope no one takes your words to heart.

As cannabis becomes mainstream and proper medical research is performed, no doubt many anectdotal observations will be proven true and false. There may be applications to pediatry, but it will not be in the form of handing an expectant mother a burning joint, medible, or vape pen.

TM, I know you like to jump into the deep end of many facets of this hobby/industry and magically become a guru overnight, but please try to restrain your ego in the health department. In this arena, your words can have serious effect on ones health, or in this case, the health and well being of their children.

Cannabis Gal

My children are all 3 very high IQ and college educated people. The youngest one is the lowest IQ of 3. I did NOT partake in any cannabis use during the 3rd pregnancy.

If you research cannabis for morning sickness you will find now Drs. ARE recommending cannabis use for hyperemisis gravidarum.

People will do dum- no unintel- no- they will make unhealthy choices whether youre there or not. not all your fault. but cmon, lets not give bags to people who really dont need them.

Actually if they smoke... its fucking dumb as FUCK to have carcinogens coursing through your baby's blood. period. what a great idea, ya, thats what good parents do. I think licenses should be required to have children. there are too many fuck ups running around the world thanks to horrible parenting.

weedape

I read about a study done in Jamaica where it was shown that children of mothers who used ganja during pregnancy had elevated IQ's over the control group. I can no longer find this study but it's out there somewhere.

shithawk420

Veteran
That's ridiculous. I would never have kids with anyone that would smoke anything during pregnancy.or eating or vaping anything as well.why risk it?

Mrs.Ping29

First of all there are no carcinogens in cannabis. Lol . When I was pregnant I smoked till 14 weeks. I had severe vomiting and if not for cannabis I would have been in the hospital! I also smoked while breast feeding and my daughter is the smartest 3 yr old you'll met. She weighed 8lb6 oz so not under weight at all and she was 2 was late. Do so research on Jamaican women and cannabis and their children. It's very informative. You can not compare cannabis to tobacco .

First of all there are no carcinogens in cannabis. Lol . When I was pregnant I smoked till 14 weeks. I had severe vomiting and if not for cannabis I would have been in the hospital! I also smoked while breast feeding and my daughter is the smartest 3 yr old you'll met. She weighed 8lb6 oz so not under weight at all and she was 2 was late. Do so research on Jamaican women and cannabis and their children. It's very informative. You can not compare cannabis to tobacco .

Piss off and go back to your stream under the bridge. Maybe it's true there are no carcinogens in cannabis... But in BURNING CANNABIS there are certainly carcinogens present. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR NOT PUMPING MORE PEOPLE INTO THE WORLD, I ASSURE YOU THAT YOUR CURRENT CHILDREN WILL APPRECIATE IT IN A FEW YEARS. :biggrin:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We all have our opinions on the whole smoking while pregnant, so stop with the name calling, it will not be tollerated.......
No one is saying that a pregnant woman should smoke the hell out of if but a vape once in awhile to help relax and stop the nausea or a small bit of an edible shouldn't be a big deal

Chill out 184481....