What's new

SmokinErb - shakin' the rust off

SmokinErb

Just thought I'd start log to keep track of everything. Haven't grown anything in a while, so I figured I'd start small and shake some rust off the 'ol green thumb. Let's get to it.

Grow Area: 5'x3'x7'

Veg lighting: 4ft 6 lamp T5 (4x 6500k, 2x 4200k)

Flower lighting: 400w HPS - Galaxy select-a-watt ballast

Ventilation: 4" vortex + Phresh filter

Method: organic soil mixture, just add water start to finish.

Genetics: Big Budda Blue Cheese fem. and Delicious Fruity Chronic Juice fem.

Containers: Germinated in 4 quart grow bags, veg in 2 gallon grow bags, flower in 5 gallon grow bags.

Germinated: Approximately Oct 1st

Veg: Oct 22 - Dec. 18 (57 days)

Flower: Dec 19 - ( ? )

Estimated harvest time: February 20 - 27 (9-10 weeks of 12/12)

SmokinErb

Now let's get this thing up to date. I ran into a few problems in veg, and mostly corrected everything. Got a little Iron deficiency going on currently due to the pH getting out of control. Should still get some pretty nice meds here.

Now I'll let the pictures do the talking.

343kgw8.jpg

34j7zab.jpg

1m5oh.jpg

34yvjgz.jpg

352ht1s.jpg

SmokinErb

Happy New Year guys!

I'll get right to it, we're starting the 2nd week of 12/12 here. Will update more frequently as they fill in and have more to take pictures of. It ain't an update without pics!

Group shot:

i0J8t.jpg

Blue Cheese:

97ke0.jpg

Fruity Chronic Juice:

IkX4E.jpg

Close up:

Lphiw.jpg

SmokinErb

can't wait to see the updates

sending positive growers karma your way

Whoa, I didn't even notice this until just now! Sneakin' in all ninja-style on me here!

Thanks for stoppin' in and viewing man, and definitely thanks for the vibes! I'll update pretty frequently once they start packin' on weight, usually do about one update per week until then.

I think the early parts of flowering are more painful than veg! Already been waiting 2 months, now I just want 'em done!

SmokinErb

Well, the girls definitely aren't stretching as much as I hoped they would. I trimmed entirely too much off the bottom, but honestly, there was no light penetration down there because of the density of the canopy.

I was expecting 8-10" in stretch, and got 3" and my goal was to trim up so that there was ZERO larf. I wanted to account for the stretch and have about 18" of buds. Ended up with closer to 8" so hopefully they'll swell up real fat or else I'm losing quite a bit of yield.

Day 20 - hopefully I'll get another few inches of stretch, but I'm not counting on it:

OFDqS.jpg

q9BLr.jpg

X7454.jpg

YngyG.jpg

5whyz.jpg

SmokinErb

Still day 20, pulled em out of the tent to water 'em, snapped some more pictures -

Blue Cheese:

DQiMJ.jpg

VsiEb.jpg

Fruity Chronic Juice:

nEtv4.jpg

tXCdq.jpg

Picture limit is junk.

M

Mr Wolf

Wow man this looks great. I like your style. Very effective... Kudos!

:yes:

SmokinErb

Thanks for stopping in guys! Hopefully these girls will start swelling up pretty soon. Took a few more pictures the other day, forgot to update this so I'll go ahead and do that now. I'll probably go check 'em out when the lights come on in a couple of hours and snap a few more pictures.

1/9 - 23rd day of 12/12

"Sunrise" shot. This was taken seconds after the HPS ignited and was still warming up

HsDkC.jpg

Blue Cheese:

NS8O3.jpg

fwfIJ.jpg

Fruity Chronic Juice:

TyKcg.jpg

mQj8f.jpg

SmokinErb

1/14 - 28th day of 12/12

Blue Cheese, the last picture is a fasciated branch. It's a genetic mutation, some say its good, some say it's bad. I'll judge for myself with harvest. Only one branch mutated like this:

0oOi5.jpg

637iV.jpg

bzYp7.jpg

MxsJy.jpg

8Dv71.jpg

SmokinErb

1/15 - 29th day of 12/12

Put in a new UV light today, about a week later than I'd have liked to have it in, but funding was tight. Hopefully a month or so under UV will get these girls real frosty. Wanted to get two of these, but at $20 each, I really couldn't swing for more than one. I'll be rotating the plants regularly and moving the light around a little. It's going to be running the full 12 hours that the HPS is on.

Tried hooking it up to a reflector, but I couldn't position it in a way that the reflector didn't block light from the HPS and it still cast UVB rays on both plants, so... I just hung it at the base of the HPS.

Another thing I find strange. Fruity Chronic Juice (on the right) is supposedly a 7-8 week strain, while Blue Cheese is a 9-10 week strain, yet it appears that the Blue Cheese is growing/maturing faster. If she goes a full 10 weeks, she should producing some hella thick nugs.

1znc4u8.jpg

FBQ1g.jpg

Green81

Veteran
Looking super tight in there, nice thick buds. I noticed some slightly underfed leaves, make you could do a light foliar feed during lights out? Looking very good otherwise.

Peace

G81

SmokinErb

Yeah, they had a pretty long veg time, think they used up some of the available nutes in the soil.

Just gave 'em a little supplemental feeding last night, actually :) Usually give them a bump in nitrogen around week 3-4 of flower. Not really sure what they're lacking right now because I haven't looked at 'em outside of under the HPS. Gave 'em a shot of N, P and Mg though, so hopefully it clears up.

Latest posts

Latest posts