What's new

Smoke Cigarettes? Too Bad for you!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
... cause the FDA has decided to cut nicotine down to non-addictive levels.

Looks like you'll be smoking more and getting less.

What's next, pot with no THC???

Of course, it's all for our own good, they mean well, I'm sure!:tiphat:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Damn :wallbash:
Being an ex smoker I appreciate the health and monetary benefits I have realized since quitting but I see no positive outcome of this idiotic decision. Our government should have better things to focus on.
Cut the nicotine and people smoke more to get the fix.....and in the meantime they inhale that many more of the bad additives cig manufacturers are allowed to add to the tobacco. Will this create yet another black market in the USA? Full strength cigarettes?
Thanks for sharing Cosmic :tiphat:, I had to look that shit up. Washington Post Article

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
big tobacco flexes their muscles, squeezes out a turd (polititian)
and presto, new law - less N (not nitrogen) for more $$$.. bby way of the addicts needing more N are now required to buy more cigs to get to the same buzz.. pretty slick..:moon:

BTW, I'm a reformed 4 pack a day guy.. 1981, cant believe I got off the train..

Floridian

Veteran
Snookster glad to hear from you.Yea I quit in 2012 started back in January of this year and quit again 65 days ago,it's a tough road at times.When your life hits the shitfan the brain wants to make excuses and false realities,the thing is nothing changes the shitfan keeps on turning and the only change is you can't breathe as well.I do hate vice laws with a passion though if a sane adult wants to do himself in it should be his or her decision on how to do it.Its easy to say as long as nobody else is affected but we all to often forget about the people on the sidelines that are indirectly affected

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Once again, it's all about the children, they're gonna get rid of menthol too 'cause the evil flavoring is designed to attract the kiddies.:tongue:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Maybe a spray to add it back???? I mean they been altering the levels and adding stuff to make it more addictive all along... And with the increased taxes it's time to use the tubes and machine and do your own..I did it that way when I was living by sequoia Nat forest in my trailer......or just buy all the tax free smokes smuggled here..I get packs for 4$ 5$ depending. And cartons for 30$ or so...one brand is from Germany.......haha. Yeehaw

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once again, it's all about the children, they're gonna get rid of menthol too 'cause the evil flavoring is designed to attract the kiddies.:tongue:

and they pander that shit to the minorities as well. I used to leave NYC by driving through Central Park & exiting up in Harlem where I'd run north on local streets. ALL of Harlem was covered by billboards pushing Newports & Kools, it was so obvious, this was back in the early '70s.......

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
My brother quit 20 years ago using hypnosis. He is 65 and had a coronary bypass about 7 years ago, and is more and more dependent on oxygen tanks and oxygen machines with mist. Can't walk more than about 50 feet without needing to lean on something and rest. He is in hospital 3 or 4 times a year for a couple of weeks, because the oxygen was not doing enough. He is currently in hospital.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Uh.... Grow your own??

Any one familiar with the idea?

I have a friend who's a heavy smoker and has a farm and I suggested this to him.

His response was that growing tobacco was a major PITA 'cause it's so sticky that it attracts all kinds of dirt and when you handle it, it gets all over your hands and doesn't wash off easily. :tiphat:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
and they pander that shit to the minorities as well. I used to leave NYC by driving through Central Park & exiting up in Harlem where I'd run north on local streets. ALL of Harlem was covered by billboards pushing Newports & Kools, it was so obvious, this was back in the early '70s.......

:laughing: yup, lots and lots of billboards advertising cigarettes AND lots more pushing alcohol right next to the cigarette billboards.

Reducing alcohol content will prolly be the next big health crusade after they take away your ciggies!:tiphat:

rolandomota

Veteran
Ban tobacco it doesn't do shit anyway just makes me feel sick and kills those that become addicted but its pointless to smoke tobacco smoke some weed at least you will feel something. Your pretty stupid if you become addicted to nicotine. Yea stupid very stupid to use some shit that makes you sick. The only time i felt good was after a line of coke but again coke is another stupid choice. Im happy weed exists alcohol is another thing that makes you sick the next day and you act really stupid while drunk i dont get hangovers like some do even if super drunk but again fuck all that mess weeds my only drug.
It must be hard to kick those habits so just dont start them in the first place tobacco and alcohol being legal but not weed for most people is ridiculous those prohibited states are kidding themselves if they think their stopping people from smoking
The first thing i thought was more sales for tobacco products.
Ban the shit put it in schedule one and go after all T heads

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I have a friend who's a heavy smoker and has a farm and I suggested this to him.

His response was that growing tobacco was a major PITA 'cause it's so sticky that it attracts all kinds of dirt and when you handle it, it gets all over your hands and doesn't wash off easily. :tiphat:

I never had an issue with the leaves being sticky.

I had huge problems curing them though!

OldPhart

Show me the money...

Show me the money...

Care to bet it will come down to taxing nicotine by the mg? They want in on the e-cig market. plus it will allow them to tax more for 'regular' cigs.

Easy7

Veteran
How are they going to lower nicotene levels of tobacco? Never heard of low nicotene varieties.

OldPhart

How are they going to lower nicotene levels of tobacco? Never heard of low nicotene varieties.

They spray concentrates and chemicals on it to control the amount of nicotine, natural tobacco is FAR weaker than the modern cig.