What's new

Smiley Box - First PC Grow (38x36x18 cm)

Zest

Yours is the first thread I've subscribed to, very interested to see how this goes. It looks great! Looking forward to yield and smoke reports. Happy growing!

Thank you sir!

Looks great, should be a good harvest!

Just a few tips for your next grow, I would have cut off all those branchs at the bottom as the light isnt really making it to them, and you dont have side lighting. And the main cola would have added more weight than what they weigh. Also I just skimed through but you really need to keep up with triming, I usualy trim once or twice a week. Get some side lighting, it will help ALOT as the small cfl's have almost no penetration, the lower branches will almost double in weight with the side lighting.

Thanks and thanks for the tips. I thought if you trim too often this will 'shock' the plant for a while and slow down growth?

Anyway, I have 2 Skunk#1 seeds left for the next grow where I do some experimenting/comparing (topping, more trimming as you said, etc). Definitely fun to gain experience :)

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Should be good for 14g+ depending on desity and how you trim up the buds. Looks tasty. Oh and back on the triming, if you trim often you dont have to trim as much so its not stressful for the plants. Its more stress full to negect them and do alot at once. Plus when you trim every couple days they seem to grow faster.

Zest

Yeah I would be happy with everything above 10g's. First grow, one plant, personal need - totally acceptable for me.

Thanks for the follow up about the trimming. Definitely will keep an eye on this the next grow.

cfl...KING

Veteran
Also, the top leaves dont seems to be drooping so I would have tried to get the lights closer. With cfl's the closer the better, what is the temp at the top of the plant? Thats where I always keep my thermometer, as thats the area that matters the most.

Zest

I measure about 10cm below the lights and it's about 26-28°C there because outside temperature has raised. Top of the main cola is about 5cm away from the lights.

R

rushchaser

Your grow looks amazing so don't take this the wrong way, but a few soda/beer can reflectors would really help direct that lost light down to where the magic happens in your box! and the best thing of it all, its for free and only something you would throw away after the enjoyment of a nice frosty beverage of your choice!

Zest

Your grow looks amazing so don't take this the wrong way, but a few soda/beer can reflectors would really help direct that lost light down to where the magic happens in your box! and the best thing of it all, its for free and only something you would throw away after the enjoyment of a nice frosty beverage of your choice!

Yeah that definitely would finish the DIY chandelier :)

Zest

Harvest party delayed. I wait another day because the main cola does not look ready (30/70 redish/white hair). Please check out the pics and confirm my decision. Maybe even wait a couple more days?!

cfl...KING

Veteran
Wait, and get a microscope at radio shack. You want 50/50 amber/milky trichomes (crystals). Going by hairs is very unaccurate.

Zest

Wait, and get a microscope at radio shack.

Yeah, thats one tool I definitely need in the future. Have to order it online tho. There is no such thing as radio shack around here.

ANYWAY.

I decided to test out that one little popcorn nug. It just screamed "Test me, test me!". I'm a patient dude, but that was too hard to stand :D (And I hadn't a toke since one month!)

So, here we go. Gonna quick dry it with this method.

Let you know in some hours :wave:

cfl...KING

Veteran
Quick dry? That just screams bad idea. And you will burn alot of the thc off in the microwave so it wont reflect the bud at all for how ripe it is.

Zest

Hey, I love learning by doing. And if it fails I know better next time. It's just that one little bud :)

cfl...KING

Veteran
If your gonna do it I would say only do small increments like 5-6secs wait 15 sec then another 5-6 secs and take your time, 1 sec too long and good by thc.

Zest

Yeah, 1/4oz is a bit much to "learn" :/

I take my time, no worries. I also havent cut the whole bud, just about 1-2 joints (I don't need much).

I'll let you know mate, thanks for hanging around!