Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Very quick, quick dry method

Thread Title Search
Very quick, quick dry method Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 PM #1
StayHigh149

StayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the rough
Very quick, quick dry method

10 MINUTES FROM A BRANCH TO A BOWL

I jacked this from another site & thought someone might find it useful. I just did it cuz desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm a daily smoker that has been out for well over a month. Here's the method:

Well searching around on google lookin for a different quick dry method i found a Microwave Steam quick dry method. I just tried it and wow.....wayyy better than just the regular microwave......you actually have pretty decent taste and potency for quick drying. So I figured id share my find. NOTE: This is not the best way to dry your buds. But it works perfectly for a quick sample bud.

Dankmaster's Microwave Steam Method
A vast improvement in quick dry technology. It does a satisfactory job fairly quickly. Trichomes dont burst and flavor while not great isnt awful anymore -- which is all I can say for any of the previously mentioned methods. What the method does is use steam to dry out the weed.

Necessary items

*Tupperware container with lid.

*Buds fresh off the plant (cut into small pieces, dont shred them cut into nice little chunks).

*3-paper towels.

*Microwave with power setting options.

*Water.

First, take 1/4 piece of a paper towel and lay it on the bottom of the Tupperware container. Then put your cut up weed on the paper towel. Next, take two paper towels, fold them several times and get them wet. Wring out most of the water. You want the paper towels wet but not dripping. Now, you lay the paper towels over the top of the Tupperware making sure that you completely and evenly cover the top. Then take the lid and squeeze it almost all the way on. When I say almost I mean to get all sides and corners on tight except for one corner to allow the steam to exit. Now your ready to put your steam dryer in the microwave.

Set the microwave power to 40 or 50 %. I recommend 40% -- I tried it on full power the first few times and it didnt work nearly as well. Now set it for a minute and let it go. Take it out and let the steam evaporate out and let sit for 15-20 seconds. If the bottom paper towel (the one that the buds are on) is wet change it. If the two paper towels you were using are dry make sure to re-wet and wring out and put back over top and put lid on in same way.

Now microwave at 40-50% for another minute and repeat process for typically 3-5 minutes. This is the best method if you need the herb in less than 20 minutes.
StayHigh149 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:38 AM #2
pontiac
Pass That S**t!

pontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the roughpontiac is a jewel in the rough
Hi, i'm putting this in the link-o-rama: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=678179
400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG (04/09/06)(First Grow)(HARVESTED)
▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲► ▼◄▲►▼◄
ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA

OG refugee

OverGrow GROW FAQ
don't be pissed quit playin! hindsight is always 20/20..........change "if only" to "next time" and you're set homie! - USER NAME
pontiac is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2006, 02:00 AM #3
LookingUp

LookingUp is on a distinguished road
Other Fast-dry method

Hey, StayHigh - that's an interesting method - I never would have thought of steam drying.
Thought I'd offer up my own "instant dry" method, which I sometimes find works even better than a quicker dehydrator dry (say less than 12 hours).

I take 3 - 4 microwave safe plates and a cone coffee filter. Trim the leaf and stem from 2 - 3 medium sized buds (or less).

Place the buds inside the coffee filter, so they don't touch. Place on your first plate, and set in microwave. Microwave on Medium Low power (30-40%) for 20 seconds.

Remove the plate and take the bud filled filter and place it on your second plate, flipping it over to get any wet spots on the filter topside. Adjust buds away from wet spots, making sure they don't touch. The plate coming out will have moisture on it wicked out of the bud through the coffee filter. I dry that off, and let the plate cool if necessary before re-using.

Repeat the microwave, switch plate process.
Each time you put the plate back into the microwave, you use a dry, cool plate. The main thing during the whole process is to try and keep things from getting hot. I even stop and let the microwave inside cool off if I do a couple of batches.

Continue to zap the bud for 20 seconds at medium low each time until there is only a hint of moisture on the plate when you take it out. At that point, increase to 25 seconds each time at medium low still. Watch the plate moisture, and when it's almost gone again, increase to 30 seconds.

I zap at 30 seconds until the plate comes out dry 2 - 3 tmes; depends on how dry you want the herb.

This was a process developed gradually over time with a lot of trial and error - but I recently saw something similar written up by Cervantes.

Depending on your bud, you may zap it from 3 - 8 times at each stage. Denser bud requires many more 20 second zaps, and some of the airy sativas need more 30 second zaps, but don't output heavy moisture at first.

The only drawback I notice is a slight decrease in overall resin bulk, and mostly the loss in flavors from well cured bud. You can do a coffee filter batch in about 15 minutes.
-LU
LookingUp is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2006, 02:06 AM #4

its was on og..but what was not

Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 AM #5
supa_andrew

stay high 149. i just tried this method out, and i've retyped this sentence like 5 times, cos i can't seem to type properly.

this method works.

and i'm like a kite.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:24 PM #6
cAipirAnhA

cAipirAnhA is on a distinguished road
How does wd dried with this method differ from regularily dried wd in taste and potency?

In the german forums they say that wd dried fast does'nt taste as well as wd dried slowly over a long time...
cAipirAnhA is offline Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 07:59 AM #7
SweetIndica
I am all That is Indica

SweetIndica is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cAipirAnhA
How does wd dried with this method differ from regularily dried wd in taste and potency?

In the german forums they say that wd dried fast does'nt taste as well as wd dried slowly over a long time...
Yep, that's right. Buds taste alot worse when quick dried. I won't touch quick dried buds, i like to do things the right way. The taste is alot worse, it's less potent, the smell is worse, it looks worse, etc.
SweetIndica is offline Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 11:58 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAipirAnhA

It definately tastes different than a proper dry and cure. I wouldn't recommend doing it with my whole stash, but doing a couple little taster nugs won't hurt

Old 12-26-2006, 08:16 AM #9

As far as drying goes, it works... actually far better than me and my brother assumed it would. However, you do lose some taste, sweet smell and as far as potency goes... i'll let you know in like 20 minutes. Very impressed with the method overall... mad props to stayhigh.

I am another guy who would never ever ever dry my whole crop like this, just a taste

blazindro

*edit*
i can't believe it worked. haha. great method to get an early smoke.

Last edited by blazindro212; 12-26-2006 at 09:16 AM..

Old 12-26-2006, 09:36 AM #10
jaypee89

jaypee89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazindro212
As far as drying goes, it works... actually far better than me and my brother assumed it would. However, you do lose some taste, sweet smell and as far as potency goes... i'll let you know in like 20 minutes. Very impressed with the method overall... mad props to stayhigh.

I am another guy who would never ever ever dry my whole crop like this, just a taste

blazindro

*edit*
i can't believe it worked. haha. great method to get an early smoke.
how was the smoke though?
Grow #1 Outdoor Bagseed
jaypee89 is offline Quote