What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smelly Proof bags?

P

PonicalChillin

I once read somewhere in order for it to be smell proof from a dog, it has to be triple vacuumed(sp) sealed with a clean bleach/water wash in between each seal, and obviously you cannot have handled pot at all, must wear gloves, etc...

I've heard this as well, but don't really understand it. I mean I get that dogs can pick up on the oils and residues that may be on the bag/package, but if this were the case.. wouldn't the dog just hit on everything such as your steering wheel, shifter, visors, handles, etc..practically anything you have ever came in contact with after handling weed in your every day life?

I personally think that the majority these dogs (drug scent dogs) are just trained to hit (bark) when their handler gives them the cue - giving them reasonable cause to search anything and everywhere whether there is anything there or not.

Every time I see a K9 (either on tv or a few times locally) the dogs are going crazy barking and acting violent. Perhaps this is just a scare tactic, but a properly trained and obedient dog should be able to locate the drugs and give a bark or paw where the drugs are located.

I personally feel that dogs should not be automatic probable cause..and really should be taken out of the traffic stop situation all together.
Sure - use them for the blind, rescue, bombs, cancer and anything else their amazingly good at, but putting them in the hands of some dickhead cop trying to get into some stoners car is way out of line.

PS - didn't read the entire thread - just a few posts above so sorry if this was off topic at all.

dbuzz

Veteran
vacuum seal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff' said'

btw, i really doubt dogs can smell though completely sealed plastic. and if i'm traveling, i don't leave without my shit vacuum sealed up.

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Poopsie said:
verite, the OP had already answered my question and I replied with the following:

now you want to try and follow the thread?

And that makes you less clueless how? Maybe if a police procedure manual comes up and bites your ass. Youre either ignorant or naive [ my guess is both ] to think that prior convictions have nothing to do with cops calling the dogs on a simple traffic stop.

G

he never said anything about friends with prior convictions until he answered my question, then i understood and said he may want change his lifestyle

get off google and wikipedia verite and read and try to follow a convo, moron

The key to not smelling is TIME. All plastic containers are porous on the molecular level meaning that they have tiny microscopic holes which, given enough time will leak enough smell to alert a dog. So if your trying to transport anything, my suggestion would be to bag it up with clean hands (layers of latex that your strip off after each layer work well) as close to the time your going to be traveling, in multiple bags (2 or 3 should work) and stash it near the center of your car in a place LEO cant easily open. Also not not smoking while driving and no band stickers on the windows may make you less of a target for a dog search.

Last edited:

Tokermon

like i mentioned before i think adding other scents that the dog'll go wild for is probably the best way to throw them off the scent of weed. take a god with you, if not get some fur and dog slobber and scatter in the car, not near your weed though. You can easily stop humans smelling it by wrapping it in huge amounts of cling-film or the best way is to vaccum seal it but then your weed will become flat.

i've been paranoid way before illegal shit.

Stop trying to assume shit about other stuff and stick to the question.

And just to shut you up for the last motherfing time, i have never been charged but have been extensively observed. i've been questioned. i've been pressured to give someone else up, under threat of planting somehting on me. that explains the legal paranoia.

before any of this i was in a very abusive family enviroment. i suffer from severe fear of abandonment, severe fear of persecution, EXTREMELY severe agoraphobia. That explains my overall paranoia.

Should i bend over and cough? Where are the HIPAA statements for my medical records?

you're a dick...

now aback to the question at hand: well, basically, i need somehting i can open and close(hence the smelly proof bags, ozium and 10% solution in my car) i'm thinking maybe take REAL stinky weed and rub it on the felt of my cargo area(i have a hatchback, a bitch for searches cause it doesn't count as a separate trunk, hence being inlcuded in a search warrant for the cabin), and keep the weed in a spot in the front in tripe smelly proof bags sprayed with ten percent solution each time i close em, and ozium every time i put one bag in another(kinda like argon in double pane windows).

Anyone know if probable cause from a dog hit willl extend into a destructive search? or is it just and ocular search? if it's ocular, then basically i'm home free pretty easily, without actually having to hide smell, just throw em off to another part to give a very positive, but false hit, that would result in nothing being found and the officers being dissuaded. maybe... dammit, haha, i'm starting to feel lke yummy bud.

WHY MUST THEY BUY SO MANY FUCKING DOGS!?!?!?!?! and i know they are all drug, as there are no bomb worthy targets in the area.

hell, while on the subject, anyone know how to train a dog? that'd be a good tool to have. sweep your house and car on a regular basis, be aware of any lingering smells, test security methods, maybe even do a sweep on the outside of a grow house to detect any smell leaks.

This just hit me: someone said aluminum shielded bags like the ones used for electronics. well, what aobut a chip bag with an impulse sealer??? or is that too thin? I have one of those mini impulse sealers they sold for chip bags so it'd be a protable set up....

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I got some folks who send pounds in the mail outa state, they explained the method.
First you want ta keep the outside of the bags clean/sterile of any resin, this means DO NOT let the weed or your fingers touch the outside of the bag. after vacum sealin the first bag wash your hands, then put on some gloves and very carefully put it in another bag and vacum seal. If you really want extra stealth put that bag into a bag of coffee grounds.

i tried these in all sizes, If you want a bag that works then get a food saver, if your poor get a box of triple zipper zip lock bag, one for the thanksgiving turkey left overs.

TwoOhSix!

As for Fox urine or skunk or some other distracting scent...put it in your wheel well, then the dog will go crazy over it. Definitely don't put it inside your car.

I watched the Never Get Busted again DVD, the best part was the dog sniffing. They train them by getting a dog that goes crazy for his ball (1/100 dogs qualify) and making the ball smell like weed. So the dog associates weed smell with his ball.

Why don't you just use a little mason jar? Those are about as smell proof as you can get. Vacuum sealers work too...

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
If you are hauling large ammounts, a little prevention goes a long ways:

1. Drive a benign 4 door sedan or mini-van, white or other boring color. Never smoke in it or carry cannabis uncontained in it. Don't lower it, don't get alloy rims, and keep the bumper stickers to a minimum, try to drive a car in good shape, remember boring is the name of the game.
2. Don't speed, use your turn signals, make sure your signal lights all work before driving.
3. Wash out the neon hair color.
4. Cover the "thug life" tattoos.
5. Wear Levis 501s or slacks that fit, and don't hang off your ass.
6. Wear a gray, blue or green pocket T-shirt or dress shirt, not a Tie-dye or wife beater.
7. Take a bath, smell good. If you have long hair or beard, consider trimming it or at least tie it back neatly.
8. Don't smoke Cannabis or drink at all the day you are running, until the job is done.
9. Take out the piercings.
10. Practice pretending you have respect for pigs and their opinions.
11. Have a excuse for making the trip that a pig will buy.
12. Don't bump hard rock, Metal, or Hip-hop, especially if it can be heard from inside nighboring cars.

Last edited:
meh, i'm gonna abandon what i wanted.

most people seem to not read a whole post: i needed something that i could open and close to carry my daily meds withour fear of getting popped in a non med area.

This is the conclusion ive reached: switch to joints, so i don'thave to deal with a pipe, and i'll just have em rolled and handy, so i'll just eat em. Fuck it.

Oh, i'm still going to use the fox urine trick for when i feel specially unsafe. that trick is awesome! Put it on the wheel well and front bumper/radiator area. Make em search the outside of the cabin to no avail!

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Didn't read the whole thread, but aroma will permeate any container eventually... there is no such thing as a dog proof container... There was a case in texas where a dog smelled pot sealed inside of PVC pipe stuck in the gas tank... the aroma permeated through the Plumbing pipe, and through the metal gas tank, and the dog smelled it in spite of the overwhelming presence of fuel odor...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shoot the dog as soon as it gets to your door, that'll stop him. But besides that, it's hard.

Now, I learned a trick from the NYCity delivery services that works to conceal a GREAT deal of the smell... TURKEY BAGS. Yes, those bags you can get at the grocery store that you put whole chickens or turkeys into and throw them in the oven to cook. When I have to travel with smelly cargo, I will put my ziplocks inside a turkey bag, wrap it tight, then throw that into another turkey bag and wrap that one tight.

Another trick that works is to ruin the dog's nose. keep a bottle of powdered red pepper in the car with you. Sprinkle it on the floor and where the dog's nose will be working and you can guess what'll happen. You just have to be fast about sprinkling it before the cop gets the dog out and to your car. It's doable though. Red pepper is also a good way to throw dogs off if they are coming to your house door, I know someone who got rid of sniffer dogs this way. He knew the cops were on the way and sprinkled the red pepper. The dog went crazy and wasn't thinking about pot at all! hehehe

But the turkey bags are about the best quick fix for smell. Vacuum sealing is good if it's done three times, but the turkey bags are good with only two of them. I've smelled Sour Diesel right through a vacuum sealed bag like nothing was covering it at all. But if you put Sour Diesel in a turkey bag, you can smell it all day and not get a whiff.

red pepper powder, ah, for a sec i thought you said flakes, tht'd be obvious as hell.

but still, wouldn't that be detectable and wouldn't i be charged with countless interference counts, but also, assaulting an officer?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, I doubt they'd be able to tell what happened. You won't need enough to make the floor red with powder.

so i could pre-emptively dust the doorsteps of my car every time i leave the house? cool...

But taht leads me to something that might avoid this all together: are cops allowed to do a destructive search when they have a warrant for a car? or how about with probable cause? i ahve various spots where i can hide shit, but i think they are pretty obvious/well known(although i haven't seen anyone do it). i also have another that would DEF be left for an impound lot guy to dismantle, but that means it's also cumbersome for me(although easy as shit, just not comvenient to do with one hand or whenever i'm arriving/leaving someplace).

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Or you could make canna butter and do up brownies or cookies since the dogs arent going to do a positive hit when smelling those.