What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

LouDog420

Day 21

Day 21

After a heavy defoliation. They may get one more defo at the end of week six, if needed. Certainly seems like they will benefit from the extra light penetration, but biggest benefit imo is airflow. It was getting thick in there...

Height is looking good. They could use a little more girth to fill out the space 100%. Next time, we'll adjust training and lighting heights slightly to better manipulate structure. Also leaning towards 4 trees, 5 bulbs next round, which means even bigger plants needed to fill the space.

picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Merry Christmas everybody! Making dough for the cinnamon rolls I stole off diners drive ins and dives!

LouDog420

Merry Christmas Tony! May your day be filled with good food and the dankest gorilla bubble [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
groupwave.gif
[/FONT]

LouDog420

Complete Buildout??

Complete Buildout??

Dare I say it, the main build out is complete... Irrigation is in. Fine tuning ball valves and feed schedules.

Pump -> Manifold -> Mainline -> Ball valve -> Flex tubing converter -> Flex tubing -> Flex tubing converter -> PVC feed line -> Orbit 4 port manifold -> Open ended drip lines

The flex tubing lets us keep some flexibility for plant placement and future rounds (4 plant/5 light or 5 plant/4 light)
picture.php

And the final, but maybe most important touch that was necessary to complete this build... Tunes :rtfo:
picture.php

DunHav`nFun

I like what I see.....Happy Holidays Bro......All the attention to detail on the lil things is what makes the difference down the road......A 4 port feed module on each plant upside down with equal length feed tube to per only makes dialage easier with ball valves and lil observation...now...defoliation.....

With big healthy plants it`s hard ta stunt/shut down the process when they`re in stretch mode till swellage begins.....I fucked up 512 clone only Chem D`s @ 4 locations back in the day when leaf strippin began , and learned the hard way to wait till stretch is completely done before a full strippin with 32-36" plants that is.....took me 12 weeks to get back to where 10 week cycles had previously yielded but I digress.......

Your plants are full of budsites and potential of swellage so I`m a be on my bucket over here watchin and waitin.....Killer job Bro.....

Peace.....DHF......:ying:.....

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
After a heavy defoliation. They may get one more defo at the end of week six, if needed. Certainly seems like they will benefit from the extra light penetration, but biggest benefit imo is airflow. It was getting thick in there...

Height is looking good. They could use a little more girth to fill out the space 100%. Next time, we'll adjust training and lighting heights slightly to better manipulate structure. Also leaning towards 4 trees, 5 bulbs next round, which means even bigger plants needed to fill the space.

View Image

That is a bushy garden. :bis:

LouDog420

Day 28

Day 28

Thanks all. The defo didn't seem to slow things down, so we're rolling through week 4 over here. Starting the swell, slowing the stretch. It seems like the flip was well timed and we don't have any colas brushing against the ceiling.

One minute feeds 3x a day (just turned down from 4 since we're seeing runoff starting after the second feed). All seems well so far...

Onto the girls, SQ and OGC killing it. OGC stacking heavier earlier, SQ with the branchiness. The GB is into swell mode, and can be described as a nice english hedgerow next to the jungle of the OGC and SQ. Getting frosty all around. GB will have some great golf balls, looking super dense and would be a very large plant in most any other room. She's not small by any means, but is made to look on the smaller side in the group shots next to the OGC and SQ

Entrance guarded by a SQ
picture.php

The jungle
picture.php

picture.php

SQ and GB, with OGC lurking in the back
picture.php

Last edited:

LouDog420

GB - Day 28

GB - Day 28

The short and frosty sour bubble leaning GB. This one's for BOG, all respect for his work and contributions.

GB, only scale is that #10 fabric pot hiding under the mini tree... She's a fatty
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And sneak a SQ in here...
picture.php

LouDog420

OGC - Day 28

OGC - Day 28

OGC spotlight. I love the structure, stacking fatter than the other girls so far. And bringing the chem stink where as the SQ is more of a fruity sour. A hint of the claw on one girl on a couple tops, but adjusted and looking good. Think she was just drinking too fast, not enough runoff, and a bit build up of N as a result. Light feed and increased waterings got us back on track in no time.

Onto it... OG Chem
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Beaucephus

hot damn u got a forest in there! another 12 days they’re gonna start the flop, if not sooner...lol... curious what your ppm was and what u dropped it to? i’m 1.1-.2 and hit with veggy juice .8-.9 if they need a douching out. also have 2 tom h haze liking veg juice, but a double thia from ace happy with flower juice. ps what was your lowball yield.... lololol , no worries there.

LouDog420

These days feeding 850-950 ppm max (1.7 - 1.9ec). Dropped down to a low 700 (1.4ec) for the claw and flush weekly/biweekly with a half strength feed around 500 (1ec), in addition to drip clean at .5 to 1ml/gal.

This girl wasn't getting enough solution imo, and think some ferts getting left in the pot during evaporation, which led to the N build up and need for extra feeds/flush. Nothing about my feed is set in stone, and just adjust based on what the plants are telling me they need. Only one out of five showed the claw (and only on a couple leaves), that's why I think it was more of a watering frequency issue and drying out than any feed issue.

Minimum yield, need to hit three and a half units... Hoping for a decent amount more though, and looking like we're on the right path...

Good vibes all

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

Thanks all. The defo didn't seem to slow things down, so we're rolling through week 4 over here. Starting the swell, slowing the stretch. It seems like the flip was well timed and we don't have any colas brushing against the ceiling.

One minute feeds 3x a day (just turned down from 4 since we're seeing runoff starting after the second feed). All seems well so far...

Onto the girls, SQ and OGC killing it. OGC stacking heavier earlier, SQ with the branchiness. The GB is into swell mode, and can be described as a nice english hedgerow next to the jungle of the OGC and SQ. Getting frosty all around. GB will have some great golf balls, looking super dense and would be a very large plant in most any other room. She's not small by any means, but is made to look on the smaller side in the group shots next to the OGC and SQ

Entrance guarded by a SQ
View Image

The jungle
View Image
View Image

SQ and GB, with OGC lurking in the back
View Image

Is that coco lou? Your mediums

LouDog420

Hey sunshine,

#10 fabric pots, straight coco, fed jacks a/b, silica, calmag, drip clean, and beneficial teas with a touch of extra epsom salts and kool bloom powder to hit better PK ratios...

LouDog420

Let's hope so... Minimum target is 3.5#... The happy 'not a care in the world' target is 5#. Theoretical room max with full electrical is 11# (AC/CO2, humming at 5kw and 1gpw yield metrics). We still need an electrical upgrade however...

We'll see, don't like to count chickens as there's still plenty that can go wrong.

Happy new year all

DunHav`nFun

Happy New Yr Bro.....May 2021 be a prosperous 1......and hey......You lookin good over there......now....Stretch has been scientifically determined to be 40% of the flower cycle , and every cubic inch you can fill up with vegetation in said grow area ALL the way to the damn ceiling during that growth spurt runnin bare bulbs just adds return on investment....but see.....

That Sour Bubble GB pheno`s a perfect example of what NOT to run in a bare bulb room without extended veg time to make bigger from the get before pullin the trigger , but maybe lil dialage might make her better next run or 2 who knows.....I also applaud your deductive reasoning on the claw showin up in 1 plant only , and in the future once budget provides install lil shut off valves to each plant so if yas need to isolate a plant and do 1/2 strength flushes , they won`t get the regular feedings till they`re back where they needta be.....

That GB also looks like she needsta be cleaned out more than the others since she`s so packed and stacked....the 1 thing you HAVE to be mindful of is lights off temps and adequate airflow around the plants 24/7.....Air below , air above , but never directly at the plants or it`ll make em sweat/transpire more and increase nutrient uptake.....

You see a lotta plants with tip burn but ppm`s and EC levels are low , but if the plants constantly get blown on , they`re gonna sweat more bet on it , so in it`s own way of stayin hydrated , it`s suckin juice when it don`t really need it , and that increases metabolism that increases nutrient uptake , that will ultimately cause lockouts and imbalances if not controlled , but I digress.....and lastly.....

If temps drop off during lights out late flower , please keep airflow at optimum levels to prevent molds , mildews , and all other air born nasties that fuck up big plants before end of cycle.....Lights on and lights off temps should never vary more than 10 degrees to prevent condensation forming in the air and blasting humidity levels during lights out .....

That`s how shit forms in the air and ends up on buds , so environment`s everything at choptime , but you know this Bro.....just on 1 of my wake and bake rants.....anyways....that`s all from my old ass this day.....

Pullin for yas over here Lou......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

LouDog420

Thanks Fred, agree with it all and always appreciate the wisdom. A few additions:

We're not likely to run this GB again in the tree room. She's a great plant, but like you said, not a bare bulb vert tree plant, especially if the purpose is to push yield. She just doesn't give us the stretch needed. She definitely stretches more as a smaller plant, but seems the bigger she gets, the more sour b influence she shows. I had a GB BX3 that better fit the bill being a stretchy glue leaner, but let her go a while back when dealing with some other issues. Just a matter of selecting for environment.

We've got ball valves on each site already, fine tuned mainly for flow control based on runoff. I've been flushing with the hose and flipping mainline ball valves as needed for the flush to redirect to the hose. The hose keeps me from having to turn off the individual valves to each plant site when needing a flush or additional feed a single plant and then having to re-locate that sweet spot location with ball valves open enough to even flow rates to each site. Second set of ball valves might be useful for doing exactly that without messing with our main flow control, and being able to feed single plants from the res... Will mull it over and how to possibly work it in... Think I have some on hand that would fit the flex tubing and would be a super easy addition... Or option to just keep supplementing with the hose.

A tiny bit of tip burn appearing on one of the SQ. Both the claw and the tip burn are on the two girls closest to intake registers, getting the bulk of the airflow, so I'm thinking this is causing the increased transpiration you're talking about, sucking up unneeded juice and causing the issues. Albeit the issues are very small with almost no negative effects aside from a few affected leaves (maybe a dozen or so total with tip burn on SQ and claw on OGC), but surely would be a little fatter if in perfect health and watching making sure things don't progress and go downhill. Something to shoot for, no doubt. Gonna dial back feeds across the board as a result for a few days or so at least to see how they react. They all just got hit with a 500ppm 'flush' to rebalance medium and push out any excess salts.

Thought the same thing about cleaning out the GB more, just wasn't sure on what it would do to the swell and didn't want to slow or shut her down during stackage. But absolutely agreed and will get that done asap since it seems you think the same and was eyeing her the past few days for exactly that.

Low temps during lights off never go below 66F and generally sit at 68F with ~55% rh. A sweet spot I think, as I do have furnace heating in the lung room, with temps set at 68F. Intake turns off, but exhaust stays on and muffin fans stay on, so lots of air movement with the girls always swaying in the breeze 24/7. Muffin fans on low are the closest we get to direct airflow on the plants, so not much except on those colas closest to bulbs but definitely noted and will watch for those issues described. Lights on we sit around 78F, so right at the 10 degree swing.

Hoping we keep the nasties away. They had a last dose of regalia around 2 weeks into flower, immune system boost, otherwise just relying on healthy plants, tuned environment, and healthy airflow. PM, botrytis, always watching for them. We did have a few excess fungus gnats, so tossed down a layer of perlite and some sticky traps which should deal with them in a couple life cycles. If not we'll get some dunks or gnatrol for bti to hit for a couple waterings, but cautiously so far so good. The perlite should have the secondary benefit of regulating moisture in the top layer of coco which did previously dry out a bit more than ideal. So, hopefully helping with any nute imbalance by maintaining constant moisture and steady feeds.

Appreciate you and happy new year! [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
groupwave.gif
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The RIL will perform much better in there, they've been blowing the doors off rooms and growing past lights left and right.
Fems soon!

Latest posts

Latest posts