What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lessons learned... Nothing that hasn't been said already in this thread... Thanks DHF

#1 Proper Watts/sf... 32 is not enough without proper pheno selection. Definitely suffered some density issues. SQ and GB specifically

Brings us to... #2 Pheno selection... If there was a room full of OGC, there'd be some happy dancing going on. Instead, what looks to be mediocre weight with a ton of smalls to work through. Since we were lacking in light intensity, we needed a plant that could take that and still stack. These specific cuts, SQ with the sour d genes and the gb with the sour bubble, aren't suited for it, not to say others in the line wouldn't be...

#3 Canopy management... So much little secondary shit that you don't realize the sheer amount until you have to buck it all down. So much wasted energy. Clean out those inners, then when finished, clean them some more...

Big three lessons learned, only up to go from here.

Girls a little top heavy this round, but just now catching and can see the growth kicking in. We'll be upping to 4kw this round... Maybe 5kw if I can bring myself to toss a plant and run 5 bulbs, 4 plants... I'll probably stay 5 plants, 4kw just cause I want to run the DSD but don't want to put 25% of my eggs in that basket without a trial...

Girls...
View Image
I love it!:tiphat:

LouDog420

edit: so looks like we can post more than 5 or even 10 pics in a post now. I don't like the uploader yet since it doesn't seem to be detecting my albums and instead you have to get a url for each image. I'm not a fan of the rolladex type media gallery, but not a deal breaker...

where's my new post and My IC buttons??? probably my most used features, checking all new posts instead of wading through subforums...

Eh, is what it is... now if I could just figure out how to turn off the damn chat chime/beep everytime someone sends a message on the chat...

Where's the rep scales?? I hope we can still send rep messages instead of just liking post...

Good vibes all

Testing new site...

fetch?photoid=17672188&thumb=1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17672188&thumb=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	17791420

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17672184.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	17791434

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17672184.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	17791434

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

This place is a trip now.......Hope harvey was enoughta pay bills and move forward Bro.....Glad the next run`s well on it`s way.....Take care and.....

Peace.....DHF......

antheis

Veteran
dammit you posting up that nyg haze mom of yours
i'm gonna pop my packs and hope something comes up.
LouDog turning off the dings for chat isn't that hard.
the only way i know how to do it is to pop chat out to its own window. then in the top left hand corner there is a button that looks like a play button to get the side
menu open. then there is a gear button which opens a menu. you can turn off chat sounds there in that menu.

LouDog420

Ya, really something else with the new look... I'm sure, like many growers, familiarity is comfort, so will take some getting used to... Biggest issue is they took away the scales for sending private rep messages. Big bummer... But at least I found the old smilies (very top right when posting reply) :smoke out:

Just getting my bearings. Got rid of the chat ding... Found new posts (but it seems to leave off any subscribed threads from the new post search). Found equivalent to my IC. Testing picture upload now...

DHF, looking better than I thought with all the smalls. Just the OGC tops exceeded 1.5#, and plenty of middle and lowers left (maybe a bit more than 1/3rd of each plant). Still working through a lot of the rest. GB, some fire but disappointing yields. SQ, still too early to tell, waiting to hear back on numbers. Not a speck of mold yet and hit the dry and cure pretty perfect for moisture level low and slow. Quality is excellent

Next round is underway, getting 24kbtu mitsubishi mini split installed, electric service has been upgraded so blasting the 4kw now, gotta decide on CO2... Will probably just go tank with solenoid controller, but I'm all ears for suggestions. I think a tank could take me conservatively a month, and have a gas supply right around the corner from me. Found the autopilot CO2 controller with decent reviews and reasonably priced.

GH is killer if you have the patience !! Good to hear from you antheis

Here's an OGC for you all... Day 1 of flower...
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210305_185213.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.7 KB ID:	17793142

LouDog420

Just in time for spring and summer! :headbange 24kbtu mitsubishi mini split, keeping it cool as a cucumber

CO2 coming, controller in hand, need to grab the tank and regulator

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210310_163551.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	17798376

20210310_200359.jpg

Attachments

• 20210310_200359.jpg
    20210310_200359.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

LouDog420

Ahh, noticed there's no longer a way to title your posts... So, Day 13 in the treehouse.

Think we screwed up this round... Plants look great, but have a terrible case of OVS (over veg syndrome) It seems systemic, cause I feel like I fight the issue every other round at least. Might have to do some tying or supercropping of tallest tops. Running out of headroom fast. Keeping the lights a little lower to hopefully concentrate growth down there and limit stretch. We'll see where we end up.

We did go with two weeks less veg in the 10s this round, with only 15 days after repotting before flipping. Plants were much healthier their entire lifecycle, so thinking that has everything to do with it. Lots of root teas and no sign of root pathogens we've been fighting for the last year and a half.

We trimmed out inners heavy about 7 days before flip, and have plenty more to trim out before we're done. We've just been doing some leaf defoliation though between the first cleanout and now. Onto pics...

OGC-------------------------------------------------------------SQ

20210317_184313.jpg
20210317_184438.jpg

DSD

20210317_184430.jpg ​​
20210317_184418.jpg

Attachments

• 20210317_184418.jpg
    20210317_184418.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 33

LouDog420

Thanks dots, we're bending a few tops, only 8 or so, so far. Still some stretch left in the girls though. Lights are almost as high as they can go, maybe another 3-4" till we top out.

Keeping it short (the post, not the plants)... Day 18... Stacking heavier than the first round, tighter nodes, likely due to increased light. Mini split and climate control is helping, no doubt. Still running intake/exhaust with the AC, no CO2, maybe around 24 days in, we'll get it going and start ramping up ppms, before ramping right back down for finishing. Planning to go sealed during the day, and then flip a few motorized dampers to go intake/exhaust at night, and hopefully save having to buy another dehui to deal with lights off... We'll see, thinking it will be kinda slick once all said and done ;)

Day 18 girls
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210322_225039.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	17812758
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210322_225105.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	17812759

LouDog420

Thanks for the kind words hayday. It's a labor of love, for sure...

Meanwhile, day 21... Never seen them stack quite like this so early ;)

CO2 meter is hooked up, no CO2 yet, but with the girls growing like they are, they drop the room to about 300ppm... Very excited to see what sort of swell we can get slowly bumping it up to about 1,000ppm... I have a buddy that manages greenhouses and experimental plots for a university, masters in plant science, researcher for prestigious group, published, etc... One of his topics was CO2, and he always stated anything above 1,000ppm just ends up being a waste, as the plants acclimate and increases in photosynthetic efficiency drops off drastically... We'll see, raising CO2 by 50-100ppms every 2 to 3 days, then bringing it right back down around 6-6.5 weeks to ambient for final ripening. I have a DSD in there that's done at 8, otherwise I'd push it a little longer for the other girls... A few motorized dampers are in, so once those get wired and I get a tiny bit of free time to grab a tank, we'll really be rocking, with sealed and CO2 during the day and air exchange at night, with the flip of a few motorized dampers... No CO2 now probably helps with the stretch... They're shooting for the ceiling

OGC, stacks on stacks

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210325_225834.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	17815596

Rock on party people... :headbange

DunHav`nFun

My old ass is gonna try this 1 mo time......Wrote a book twice yesterday and it went away said "error" and disappeared...anyways...Good call on exhausting excess humidity and shit out CO2 during lights out......This is the 3rd post I`ve tried , maybe it`ll work this time....Since it went thru I`m gonna edit and add in your last post , and your plant buddy`s right in that any ppm`s over 900-1000 CO2 `s a waste without increased "plant metabolism" so the plant can actually USE what CO2 they absorb during lights on , so .....anything not used gets shit out during lights out with all the excess water vapor intook with suckin juice all day......anyways.....

Dialage comes sooner than later with some folks Lou.....Looks like you`re headed there in the AP program with motorized dampers and major exhaust during lights out to prevent any airborn nasties from settling in.....and lastly.....If there`s any way to increase heat in the rooms once CO2`s been introduced , that forces increased plant metabolism causing the plants to sweat/transpire , that in turn forces nutrient uptake , and once that circadian rythym`s found , the plants take over and blow the fuck up....Krusty`s best 3lb + plant rooms were always in the high 80`s -low 90`s and you could watch these mutherfuckers grow.....His Krazy ass also worked in the Kanada Greenhouse industry , so that`s where his background laid , but.....anyways....Keep strokin Bro....Hope swellage is good to yas.....Stretch needsta stop huh ?.....lol....

Take care and .....

Peace.....DHF......

hayday

Veteran
I got to say, we have to hold hands and kumbuya the forum change out. This is suckin and I find it easier to x out than continue reading or posting.
However, I have a new room coming up and am kinda anxious to share with y'all when Here is something to see, like something green. Eight bright lights and a couple circles...hold on for a little bit. Should be worth the wait:biggrin:

LouDog420

Day and Night Climate Control

We grabbed three 6" motorized dampers and two 8x6x6 duct wyes. The wyes connect to the main 8" intake and exhaust ports above the door. Cheap suncourt version dampers. They come with a 24v transformer. Two wired in parallel and the third on its own transformer. We have two normally closed dampers and one normally open. They all work off the same power strip controlled by a timer.

Power off (lights on), we have a recirculating system. Far left is intake damper, normally closed. Far right is exhaust damper normally closed. The damper in the middle is normally open and connecting the intake and exhaust ports above the door with the help of some flex duct. During power on (lights off), the middle damper closes, and the two outside ones open, creating a normal intake/exhaust system. We have a separate timer that is opposite the light schedule. Seems to be working great so far. Certainly not the prettiest, but less than $200 to make it fully automated is worth it.

CO2 is in place. We feed CO2 direct into the recirculating flex ducting middle connection, which then is expelled into the grow room through the two existing registers down low. We have muffin fans on the floor shooting up at each light, and there's some serious air movement in there, so I'm thinking the heavier than air CO2 will still be moving around plenty. The CO2 feed line into the air system does result in the CO2 overshooting set points pretty significantly, so we currently have it sitting at 550ppm +/- 50, and it will overshoot to about 750-800 then slowly work back down to 500 before kicking on again. It doesn't seem to be using much gas at all to keep those levels, and certainly better than the 300ppm we were sitting at ambient.

Now, it's swelling time :moon:

Last edited:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
looking good lou i feel you on the over vegging, seems to always happen to me guess its just a consequence of having healthy plants. The split looks great nice a clean has it dropped temps in the room a considerable amount? I'll def be watching this round and taking notes.
Stay safe , Tleaf.

LouDog420

Mini split is working great. Holding steady at 77F set point with 80F canopy. I may raise it up a bit now that we have CO2 blasting, my only concern is too much heat right at canopy level. Late flower we have colas sometimes 8" from the light, even more concerning with this round's case of OVS

Thanks for stopping by bud, good vibes

Last edited:

LouDog420

Pictured below... Cookie Wreck x [ECSD x SFV OG/Chem BX2]

Cookie Wreck is by CannaVenture: GSC Forum Cut x Trainwreck BX2 from H3ad
ECSD x OG/CD is from Ganja Rebel/Ganja D

The Chem BX2 in Ganja D's gear is from Rez's gear

Got some OG x Nevil's Haze/Original Haze males following these bad boys... Tossing pollen :greenstars:

20210331_205909.jpg

LouDog420

Day 30. Cruising. Pumping CO2 up to about 850-900 then letting it drop down to 550 before cycling again.

Should have last round final numbers soon. It's looking like we beat our benchmarks despite all the smalls, and feeling cautiously optimistic about this current round. Thinking about a mono next round, 5k-4 plants OGC and would be shooting for that 8lb benchmark at 2/plant, roughly .8gpw... We're at .78gpw with the OGC right now on the first run and still waiting on some trimming to finish, so it seems doable. Considering something larger than 10's for a 4 plant/5 light grow, maybe moving up to size 15 or 20 fabric pots...

We dusted all of the current round girls... All were hit by OGC feminized, Cookiewreck x [ECSD x OG/CD], and some casey jones pollen ;)

Thick ladies need love too
20210403_203411.jpg

OGC center girl
20210403_203103.jpg

20210403_202620.jpg

SQ
20210403_202916.jpg

DSD
20210403_202746.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts