What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best wishes to you Lou, I was popping in that thread, I think? Any way hope to see you somewhere..DD

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sad to see you go - the post was deleted because it was a PM - and we don't allow personal messages being on public view -

Do pop by and see us anytime - I'm sure that you will be more than welcome -

G

- you too can be a guest on ICMAG - or a member -

- you are always welcome -

Last edited by a moderator:

LouDog420

Sad to see you go - the post was deleted because it was a PM - and we don't allow personal messages being on public view -

Do pop by and see us anytime - I'm sure that you will be more than welcome -

Good vibes Gypsy. That's just not true though. The post was a copy of our exchange in the 'Bug Report' thread that included posts 130 and 131 by me and you. Just want to set the record straight, as I have never posted a copy of any pms, and our last pms were about an unrelated topic months and months ago... Feel free to look at the deleted post again and you'll see you are mistaken about the fact that I posted a PM...

Best of luck with all your endeavors, I truly appreciate all IC has done for me and hope to see it return to something I can enjoy in the future.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Hmmm yes - I take that back - it was a post and not a PM - my apologies -

- Ya'll come back now ya'here? - lol

DunHav`nFun

If you haven`t deleted your acct yet , just think on it a minute......This is truly 1 of not many decent learning threads as shit truly evolves while room conditions and strain dialage becomes evident , and each run yields more than the last....anyways.....Cmon back Lou.....Shit happens.....Gypsy....Ya`ll kiss and make up.....:friends:.....

Peace......DHF......:ying:......

G

If you haven`t deleted your acct yet , just think on it a minute......This is truly 1 of not many decent learning threads as shit truly evolves while room conditions and strain dialage becomes evident , and each run yields more than the last....anyways.....Cmon back Lou.....Shit happens.....Gypsy....Ya`ll kiss and make up.....:friends:.....

Peace......DHF......:ying:......

You can't remove pics once they are uploaded. That's a problem.

LouDog420

Hey Fred, I'll always owe you a great debt of gratitude for all your help and knowledge dropped, along with many others. We all stand on the shoulders of giants. The only reason I'm still checking in was to wait for your post and a few others that I knew would come. I don't plan to delete my account and hope IC can get it together where one day, maybe I can return. Until then I have no interest in sharing content like in this thread, but it will remain as a learning tool for those interested.

The issue is IC no longer lets users delete their account or delete pics from the posted photos album (ignoring all the other site upgrade issues). This was the only issue raised in posts 130 and 131 in the 'Bug Report' thread, one I still consider an important and critical issue. All we needed to hear was that the ability to control our own content would be updated and is a work in progress. Instead I got a strawman argument about how IC can't make our security their responsibility. All I asked for was a way to delete pics from the posted photos album and a way for users to delete their accounts, allowing users to control their own content. To be unable to fathom a reason why a user might want to delete certain pics or an account, after all that has happened here, was quite a shock. But Gypsy has sacrificed more for the plant than most ever will, and created something truly special to allow a connection between people all over the globe. So he absolutely has the right and authority to decide how he wants to run his site, just as I can decide whether or not to participate. I have mad respect for him as a human being and cannabis activist, just as I do many on this site.

I never expected my post to result in where we are now. This is the last thing I want to do, but I don't see any other way around it as long as that is the site's attitude towards content control for users and their security.

Best vibes to all the ganja growers

eyesdownchronic

Hey Fred, I'll always owe you a great debt of gratitude for all your help and knowledge dropped, along with many others. We all stand on the shoulders of giants. The only reason I'm still checking in was to wait for your post and a few others that I knew would come. I don't plan to delete my account and hope IC can get it together where one day, maybe I can return. Until then I have no interest in sharing content like in this thread, but it will remain as a learning tool for those interested.

The issue is IC no longer lets users delete their account or delete pics from the posted photos album (ignoring all the other site upgrade issues). This was the only issue raised in posts 130 and 131 in the 'Bug Report' thread, one I still consider an important and critical issue. All we needed to hear was that the ability to control our own content would be updated and is a work in progress. Instead I got a strawman argument about how IC can't make our security their responsibility. All I asked for was a way to delete pics from the posted photos album and a way for users to delete their accounts, allowing users to control their own content. To be unable to fathom a reason why a user might want to delete certain pics or an account, after all that has happened here, was quite a shock. But Gypsy has sacrificed more for the plant than most ever will, and created something truly special to allow a connection between people all over the globe. So he absolutely has the right and authority to decide how he wants to run his site, just as I can decide whether or not to participate. I have mad respect for him as a human being and cannabis activist, just as I do many on this site.

I never expected my post to result in where we are now. This is the last thing I want to do, but I don't see any other way around it as long as that is the site's attitude towards content control for users and their security.

Best vibes to all the ganja growers

Hmmm... not sure how ICMAg can argue that our privacy is our responsibility while also removing the ability to delete content. seems somewhat contradictory... Really sad to see the update have such a negative impact on the quality of the community. the people are what make icmag anygood.
Sad to see you go...
Truly wishing the best moving forward. Hopefully the proper changes can be made so that we can all feel comfortable using this site.
:ying:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
ATUK - our webmeister/developer posted this recently:

''Hello all. This morning we've been talking about being able to delete albums with Verdant and have made a couple of videos which I'll add to this thread.

A couple of things to mention, there was actually a couple of different things going on here. The first was that if you were in certain usergroups it wasn't possible for you to edit or delete photos in an album. The second issue is the the ability to remove images from the 'Posted Pictures' album.

The first issue with users not being able to delete photos or remove albums has now been resolved. You can see an example of how this is done here:

Watch: https://www.icmag.com/share/video_de...user_album.mp4

The second issue relating to deleting images in the Posted Pictures album is slightly different but I've made a couple of videos which you can watch below, something to consider is that there is two methods to add images and have them show up in the Posted Pictures album. The first is by uploading them as attachments, the second is by clicking on the camera icon and creating a gallery inside your post, the images added to this gallery despite being a separate content type (gallery) are also added to your Posted Pictures album.

Now, these can be deleted, BUT they have to be deleted in the post or thread they were added to. This isn't ideal because it would be easier if you could delete them directly from the album in Your Profile > Media but as I said, they can be deleted. The easiest way to do it is to view the image in the Posted Pictures album and click on the link of the post that it says the image is posted in. You can see this being done in the second video. If you click on that link you'll be taken to the thread containing your image where you'll then be able to delete it.

Delete image from Posted Pictures when added to a post using Upload Attachments
Watch: https://www.icmag.com/share/video_de...ted_albums.mp4

Delete image from Posted Pictures when added to a post using Gallery (camera icon)
Watch: https://www.icmag.com/share/video_de...ted_albums.mp4

Again, this isn't ideal but using this method it is possible to remove any sensitive images you upload by mistake.

On the note of security and keeping things safe for you lets talk about EXIF data. The forum software does remove EXIF data, however, you should NOT be uploading images that contain sensitive EXIF data anywhere (especially location data), including here. For your own safety you should always remove this data before uploading it anywhere, personally I wouldn't be taking any pictures of a sensitive nature with a phone and would only rely on a digital camera with no GPS functionality. Saying that, the forum will remove EXIF data but you should always do your own due diligence first.

Now, whilst finding a way to link to the Old Galleries on the old ICMag we built a script that scans every image in the media library and removes any EXIF data if it exists. This had to be done before we could knowingly link to the old galleries and is now complete.

On that front, we will be linking to members Old Galleries via their user profiles either tomorrow or the following day. For now we're simply going to be linking to an external template that loads them up and for the time being they will still live outside of your user profiles. After lots of faffing around we think we have a method to get these old gallery images ingested into member profiles. We will create a standard Old Gallery album for all members that have one on the old site and will import those images automatically, you'll be able to edit and delete them which is something you couldn't do on the old site. This however is quite involved so for the time being we will just be displaying the old galleries how they always were, 30 images on the page, prev and next pagination with no lightbox or ability to make any changes whatsoever.

Once that's done we're going to be making some further changes.

To add to what I've said above, if you have any concerns about anything you've posted on the site send either Gyp or me a PM and we'll remove it.''

LouDog420

Thanks for sharing, that's a start. It's not the most user friendly with having to click so many times to delete an image but better than nothing. I think this whole thing could have been avoided with a better response to the initial complaint/concern, but no need to dwell on it now that we're seeing actual progress.

Add in a delete account option, then bring back My IC and Rep Messaging and I'll be back to posting as usual... Nice to finally see some site progress

Teaser for now, hoping we can get the above fixed too... I love it here, so hope to be back... FYI flickr BB code works for those of you that don't like the IC pic uploader, giving the option to easily nuke all photos if necessary... I've given up hope on functional galleries that are user friendly
51143789263_e4d016ce3c_k.jpg

51143789068_2dffaccfba_k.jpg

antheis

Veteran

everybody complaining about pictures and i just want an unfucked search option.
the search used to be the tram to the top now all we got is this fucking donkey.
the best thing about icmag is the wealth of knowledge from years past. now that its harder to find it begs the question, what's the point?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Add in a delete account option, then bring back My IC and Rep Messaging and I'll be back to posting as usual... Nice to finally see some site progress

Hi there, nice bud!
Ive been talking to ATUK quite a bit over the last few days.. trying to help sort out the images/gallery/image deletion stuff... and the dots situation... quite a bit of progress is being made and it is still being worked on. also i think there are plans to improve the rep system in the medium term.
It all seems to be moving forward a bit better now, fingers crossed
VG :tiphat:

DunHav`nFun

Here`s hopin harvey`s good to yas this run my buddy......Maybe things`ll get better round here sooner than later , .....regardless.......Respect ......Not many folks really get this shit Lou.......You`re 1 of em that do......Thanks for your time and......

Peace.....DHF.........:ying:.......

Lou sorry for cluttering up your thread. Hopefully when the issues are sorted the thread can be cleaned up and you can come back.
Like VG said there are solutions in the pipeline, on a few things.
When you see a new thread by me, you'll know the problems have been fixed.
Ultimately this has been about making the site better. Anyhow, keep slaying mate.

eyesdownchronic

Thanks for sharing, that's a start. It's not the most user friendly with having to click so many times to delete an image but better than nothing. I think this whole thing could have been avoided with a better response to the initial complaint/concern, but no need to dwell on it now that we're seeing actual progress.

Teaser for now, hoping we can get the above fixed too... I love it here, so hope to be back... FYI flickr BB code works for those of you that don't like the IC pic uploader, giving the option to easily nuke all photos if necessary... I've given up hope on functional galleries that are user friendly
51143789263_e4d016ce3c_k.jpg

51143789068_2dffaccfba_k.jpg

Stunning pic quality Lou!

LouDog420

Random updates... Over 7# of tops only last run from 4kw and 5 plants, the rest went to fresh frozen or popcorn piles... Running mostly OGC still, found a new nice Cookiewreck x (ECSD x OG/CD) cut that's stacking in the treehouse...

Messing with rosin, running new water sifting washing machines, pressing dry sift that's separating into terp fractions, running LEDs in some spaces now... Would love to share, but...

When's this website going to be fixed again? I've caught up with many old friends on IG, but still missing some of the head's here...

Would love to share if IC can get itself straightened out, ever.. No joke, had a dream last month and the My IC button was back, so was the old forum design.

Some teaser pics, I'll check back in next quarter, I guess...

Last 7#+ round pre-chop, a beautiful flush
Click image for larger version  Name:	misc icmag (1 of 5).jpg Views:	3 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	17952780

Water hash
Click image for larger version  Name:	misc icmag (1 of 5).jpg Views:	3 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	17952780

Dry sift, loose
Click image for larger version  Name:	misc icmag (3 of 5).jpg Views:	3 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	17952783

Dry sift, hand pressed and leaking oil... Never seen sift leak oil like this...
Click image for larger version  Name:	misc icmag (3 of 5).jpg Views:	3 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	17952783

Always tossing pollen... Catnip/Dr. Penthotal Sweet Pink Grapefruit BX x Agent Orange

Good vibes all,
LD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts