What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sm0k4's PC cab - 5 year comeback

S

sm0k4

maybe i'm wrong but as far as i can see on the picture your charcoal is placed on the intake if stinky smell from plants is your problem maybe you should place the charcoal on a passive extraction on top doing so it would be easier to change it
and damn this plant was looking good

My intake is up top and exhaust is on the bottom. My style is reverse from natural convention. This circulates the heat from the lamp through the canopy before exhausting. Temps sit just below 80 now with about half fan speed. Dual stacked fans suck more pressure at the same CFM, so more pressure ability with less noise. :)

I am fine tuning my carbon holder as I go along. If it stinks I will redo the carbon holder to make it better. I have some OnA gel to put next to the PC in case the filter doesn't hold up.

S

sm0k4

Well I found another female last night when I was retraining and watering. So far two confirmed females. One still undecided since he started flower a little later. I might take the runt out of the room and just fill it up with the two bigger ones.

Here are a couple shots. The plant on the far right is the runt that I had outside the cabinet until I found the male. Feeding at 800-900ppm every watering. Runoff is getting a bit high so going to flush with 300ppm next feeding.

S

sm0k4

Personally I'd give it time until the rest of the case is filled up

I was out of town on a business trip the last two days and they are now almost to the top. I need to make more room so out goes the small plant so I can train the other two properly.

I have a lot of work to do this weekend, including redoing the carbon scrubber. Good thing for the OnA gel, it smells like pine with a hint of pot in it. Haha.

Got my bigger cab nearly all constructed also. Getting more weather stripping today for sealing all the walls. Need to pick up hinges, latches, and all that also.

Voidling

Does Walmart carry OnA gel? It's the only store in town, I keep forgetting to hunt it down.

So which two strains do you have left growing now?

S

sm0k4

Does Walmart carry OnA gel? It's the only store in town, I keep forgetting to hunt it down.

So which two strains do you have left growing now?

I saw some at ACE Hardware yesterday while out shopping. Here is the link to stores that carry the kind I bought: http://www.fresh-wave.com/pages/Store-Locator.html. The stuff I snagged was the "Fresh Wave" brand. Its got a pine/outdoor kind of scent. It works ok but it smells funky when the grow scent gets mixed with it. I improved my filter also.

I went back to the square plastic housing I was using and just used the sheeted carbon filter material to hold the activated pellets between the plastic halves. It was a little messy but only took me 20 minutes to remove the old one and place the new one on. I'll see if it worked when I get home. I can always smell it better right when I get home. Its not very strong so you get used to the smell easy. Eliminating is completely is the goal though.

In the cab now are one Blackberry and one AK-48. I'll update with pics later. I trimmed a lot of fan leaves and trained the branches way down. They were getting too tall. The smaller Blackberry is now outside the cab again. I have a small 12 Watt LED array I will use on it until it shows sex. I'm surprised it hasn't already. If its a female I am going to use it as a mother donor for when I get my bigger cab finished. The build is going well. Got a bunch more done to it last night. Should have my flower and veg chambers all sealed and finished up tonight.

Voidling

Yeah, just need it until I get my cab done. All my money is going to drs and lots of medical testing at the moment.

I've got some blackberry fruit bushs to plant outside, wish I could put a blackberry strain with them :)

If it takes so long to show sex and start flowering, is that really the one you want to run in your big cab?

S

sm0k4

Yeah, just need it until I get my cab done. All my money is going to drs and lots of medical testing at the moment.

I've got some blackberry fruit bushs to plant outside, wish I could put a blackberry strain with them :)

If it takes so long to show sex and start flowering, is that really the one you want to run in your big cab?

That plant isn't in the cab. Just one Blackberry and one AK-48 are in there, the two with buds growing already. The Blackberry in the PC cab has the most flowers even. Its not the strain, just what I was doing with the plant. That third plant was a runty one I had to remoe from the cab and it fell behind. It didn't show sex yet since I flipped to 12/12 after the others. I have it under my small LED array right now to try to see what sex it is. Once I find out, its going in the trash if male or as a mother for my new chamber if a female. So either way its no big deal.

On another side note, the filter works. No smell at all. That square plastic housing is perfect to squish a nice even layer of carbon between. I stuffed about a half inch in there. I'm not running full speed and still get draw from the intake. Got the temp dialed in to 85 F with lights on and 72 F with lights off.

S

sm0k4

Day 27 Flower

Day 27 Flower

Well they are getting filled up with flowers now, it seems the stretch is over. I am swapping out some white and blue LEDs for more red tonight.

Feeding at 1000 ppm nutes with 1/4 tsp. CalMag and 1/4 tsp. unsulphured molasses in 1/4 gallon of water. Some of the leaves got burned from the lights. I was away for a day and a half and they stretched into the light. Not too bad, just a few burns.

No odors still since the filter swap, and temp stays around 85 F with ~45% RH.

Here are some pics from last night. Still around a month or more to go.

New Cab about ready for doors. Still got the upper electrical room floor and scrubber/exhaust to put in.

S

sm0k4

Thanks Wooly. Its coming along nicely.

Other good news is the runt finally sexed. Its a girl! I really like how this one grew also. I messed up the pH at first, but once it started growing again, its nodes are tight and she should make a good donor for my new cab. I will need a few clones once I get back from vacation.

I checked one of my cuttings I stuck in the coco medium, and it has nubs of roots starting. Took about 6-7 days I think. Coco is the shit. I was scared at first, but its easy to manage and quick to correct problems through a thorough flush.

I re-did my LED array now that the stretch is officially over. There are 11 red, 3 white, and 2 blue now. Looks much more red.

I also cut off all remaining growth I did not want. I removed quite a few branches and fan leaves to open up the room for the remaining branches. I should have cut a couple more branches off but I didn't have the heart.