What's new

Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

orechron

Their scale only goes up to 1%. They have never seen cannabis with even 1% Ca.

A&L has a much higher range. I did some tissue analysis in 2013/14 and Calcium was around 4%. I think these were the years where I was starting to get Ca up to 70-75%. K was still high in the soil and the tissue was at 5.5%. I haven't done a tissue submission since then. The guy made a comment on how bad the "hop" leaves stunk up the lab and it made me too nervous to bring more in.

ask them to review chapter 20, especially pages 160-161.
Handbook of Reference Methods for Plant Analysis

The Horiba Calcium meter does the same thing for me. I have to dilute 10x at least.

jidoka

66762372-03CA-4DF5-B58E-ECA55E11AAF7.jpg

This company wants to be the wal mart of weed. This is after the twister. Not harsh at all. When cost/quality/yield align that is a hard business model to argue with. 75/ounce in stores

Avenger

Veteran
Visiting them tomorrow. Think they said they are using ICP.

derp. I guess they followed the instructions then.

See if they can simply make a more concentrated calcium standard to accommodate your extraordinary samples.

Calcium (Ca) Standard (10,000 mg/L): weigh 24.973 g oven-dried and
desiccated calcium carbonate (CaCO,) into a 1-L volumetric flask. Slowly
add approximately 80 mL concentrated HC1. Bring to volume with deionized
water.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vegas show

Vegas show

The Vegas Expo was a real eye opener, the investors out there are not happy with the stoner community! LMAO.

It was the craziest thing I have ever witnessed, the investors and bankers are going nuts with the stoners. They obviously don't speak the same language nor do they have the same basic conceptual ideas.

This huge understanding gap is going to be one of the major issues in this industry evolving and will quickly dictate who will survive.

Needless to say, going to be visiting Cali and Colorado a lot more often!

And for those of you that want to get into Hemp, we should talk! The buyers are paying premiums for high actives!

Slow, Ive been reading this thread and in the past ten pages the whole issue regarding what pH to test for Ca with and that you would need to get the AA@8.2 to accurately get your Ca BS, everything else is just guessing.

Would it be possible to get your carbonate ppm and than extrapolate how much Ca that would bind up, obvious taking valencies and solubility product into account?

The Vegas Expo was a real eye opener, the investors out there are not happy with the stoner community! LMAO.

It was the craziest thing I have ever witnessed, the investors and bankers are going nuts with the stoners. They obviously don't speak the same language nor do they have the same basic conceptual ideas.

This huge understanding gap is going to be one of the major issues in this industry evolving and will quickly dictate who will survive.

Needless to say, going to be visiting Cali and Colorado a lot more often!

And for those of you that want to get into Hemp, we should talk! The buyers are paying premiums for high actives!

That's cause in Vegas most of the people who were able to afford the $7 million for a grow license do not smoke weed and they are putting out shitty product trying to boost THC% above all else, calling it medicine and beneficial (keeping in with current health trends), and than get pissed when people don't want to pay $60 an eighth before tax for some dirt weed. Cannabiotix and Medizin know what they are doing. Everyone else is basically fucked.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Slow, Ive been reading this thread and in the past ten pages the whole issue regarding what pH to test for Ca with and that you would need to get the AA@8.2 to accurately get your Ca BS, everything else is just guessing.

Would it be possible to get your carbonate ppm and than extrapolate how much Ca that would bind up, obvious taking valencies and solubility product into account?

Paradox,

Good question. I don't know the answer to that one.

I would make a guess though. Given the guys at the PGA (who came up with the AA@8.2 procedure) couldn't get an answer with the existing technology which did include carbonate analysis at the time, I would bet that they didn't feel comfortable using carbonate to make the calculation.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's cause in Vegas most of the people who were able to afford the $7 million for a grow license do not smoke weed and they are putting out shitty product trying to boost THC% above all else, calling it medicine and beneficial (keeping in with current health trends), and than get pissed when people don't want to pay $60 an eighth before tax for some dirt weed. Cannabiotix and Medizin know what they are doing. Everyone else is basically fucked.

No wonder the REEF dispensary had such silly prices, upto $20 per gram! Didn't look very good either.

reppin2c

Veteran
Some growers are lost in the in between. Not enough coin to make it in the legal game and way to much knowledge to talk to 95% of the industry intelligently. Legalization sure fucked most guys and a fair market was tossed out the window.

On a side note my buddy found a testing place for potentcy here in the 970. Don't know exactly how legit it is but I'm gonna have a talk with them Monday. I'm willing to bet it's a joke but you never know.

growingcrazy

I have a $20 million facility going up less than 15 miles from me... Just don't have the coin to compete on that scale...

It took micros a long time to get a slice of the beer industry, we are looking at the same uphill battle.

No wonder the REEF dispensary had such silly prices, upto $20 per gram! Didn't look very good either.

Yea REEF is like the poster boy for how NOT to do a marijuana grow. They basically just brand themselves as the biggest and closest to the strip. None of the deals on their website or weedmaps will be there when you go, none of the weed is good, everything is overpriced out the ass. Its embarrassing as a city, but the way the look at it is that most of the people who are coming into Vegas pay shitty prices anyways and the whole novelty about the thing. Also the only other way they'll get bud is a crackhead who may stab them.

None of the dispensary have good prices, I have gotten good deals though from MMJ America, The Clinic, and Blackjack Collective every once in a while. Quality has been ok, nothing compared to the shit that I used to sell when I was in college.

Most grows are just running general hydro nute grows, or some kind of hydro system at least. The ones using soil are hella cutting corners and basically trying to mimic a fox farm mix (probably using fox farm or something like it).

Vegas is beat dude, when you make money your only priority you create a shitty market place driven by speculation.

You should have seen the grow I worked at in Vegas. Fresh out of college, I got a job at a shitty hydro grow running general hydro nutes. Place was called Las Vegas Cannabis. I knew in the interview I didn't want to work for the douchbags in charge but I wanted to see what behind the scenes of the weed industry looked like during a transition to rec.

Didn't even make it that far.

We got spider mites. Want to know the solution the owners came up with: cut down the webs and spray neem once a month. Anything else was too expensive. No matter how many times I told them, you have to seriously address, most likely cut down the whole flower section and do a biweekly IPM strategy in the veg room.

Nope didn't want to hear it, apparently paying 100$ five times a day to feed/water plants, as well as paying WAY too much for security cameras and a shitty building in general, IPM would blow their budget.

In three weeks you couldn't help but breathe in spider mites. Whats higher than a trillion? And after that? That's how many spider mites I killed, much less how many we had. It was so bad. But for a month the owners wouldn't heed mine or the head growers advice. Finally the owner brought in his mistress who had a 10 plant caregiver grow. She recommended cutting everything down. Next day that was the plan. So I quit the week after.

EasyGoing

Pissed I didn't go to Vegas. Didn't really know about it. Win some, loose some.......

Lets talk today slow, big developments in my county. Big City meeting today. Hope I get my dispensary, today might be judgement day.

EasyGoing

The state removed it from their regs, but It wasn't removed from the water quality control board regs. And cal growers is pushing for it to get put back in. They have a petition going around.

https://www.calgrowersassociation.o...te&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emeraldgrowers

Yea, I signed it.

However not sure how I feel. I do have a spot that is 140 acres with great water. However the money it takes to set up a grow that big is hard to even calculate.

I received amazing news yesterday at my city meeting. Looks like Hazy is going pro next year. Fingers crossed.

reppin2c

Veteran
Hazy-They're calling you up to the bigs

The thing is CA has great weather. If there wasn't a cap on land you'd be blown out by the folks with way more dollars then the little guy. It's gonna happen anyways but at least at this rate the Cali guys have a couple years left. If you haven't already got your foot in the door it will be even more difficult as time goes by, the big money cats are already building infrastructure.

EasyGoing

So..... My city and county are moving at two different paces. The city and I are in talks for a dispensary, and manufacturing. I am trying to push a third licence, which would be a grow up to 10k sq ft. My city wont allow any bigger, and only indoors. So I am trying to push a fully permitted greenhouse as a live in structure, aka, indoors.

County is allowing large grows, but is moving at a snails pace. I hope to start engaging the county around June of next year, at the pace they are moving.

So to answer your questions, no, they are not doing micro businesses. However it is possible to own more than one other licence, and stack them.

I am kind of pissed about the price of permits........ I am looking at 250k just in state fees............ Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.