What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sleeper strains that have fire phenos .

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny, with all the hating on GHS, I've never had a really bad one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say..."I rather like Greenhouse Seeds' seeds".

Arjan is a good grower and a good breeder. But rumor is he paid for all of his cannabis cups back when it was just a popularity contest instead of letting his work speak for itself. Back then, if you won a cup, everyone wanted your seeds.

I'll never knock his stuff, but imo, he's kind of a douchebag from what I've witnessed and read. As are most successful people.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
valid argument. point scored.

how about a vendor/supplier that you didnt think would be some of the best you've burned, but, were pleasantly surprised when you did.
1 pack. or 100. Just something that completely took you by surprise.

Happened to me on more than one occasion because I dont really tend to follow the 'flavors of the week' or the preferred vendors on this board.

Maybe you gave a new bank/vendor a try and were completely surprised.

I'd like to give a little bit of business to the smaller guys out there but would like to limit it down to 5-7. As opposed to the 100s that seemed to have popped up overnight.

sounds kinda weird, but, that make a little more sense?

-cap
One of my 2 mom's is a from a freebie pack - MindBoggle x NYCD from AnnaC. Great lemon pinesol smell in flower that dulls to straight lemon fuel on cure. Finishes flowering in 45 days. The high is similar to glue as in it will stick you to a chair pretty good to watch a movie. But, an overindulgence will put you down for a nap.

Unfortunately, the seeds I found her in were from 2006. I've been toying with the idea of S1ing her, but that's a project for a future date.

picture.php

E

ESTERCHASER

45 DAYS MON?

45 DAYS MON?

One of my 2 mom's is a from a freebie pack - MindBoggle x NYCD from AnnaC. Great lemon pinesol smell in flower that dulls to straight lemon fuel on cure. Finishes flowering in 45 days. The high is similar to glue as in it will stick you to a chair pretty good to watch a movie. But, an overindulgence will put you down for a nap.

Unfortunately, the seeds I found her in were from 2006. I've been toying with the idea of S1ing her, but that's a project for a future date.

View Image

well well well i may have to give this a go man. wow 45 fuken days

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well well well i may have to give this a go man. wow 45 fuken days

I doubt you will find seeds of this anywhere. From my understanding, Buck has passed. If there are any seeds available, they'll be from 2005-2006. So germ rates will be poor.

Out of 10 seeds, I only got the one plant to grow.

St. Phatty

Apollo 11, 2014 vintage.

F3's are a good batch of seeds for that "desert island" situation.

Just enough variation.

Some of the seedlings that are most vulnerable to low-pH (acidic) run-off do FANTASTIC once the soil is rinsed and they get the right food.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
One of my 2 mom's is a from a freebie pack - MindBoggle x NYCD from AnnaC.

I ran the NYCD from AnnaC and wasnt overly impressed with the smoke. Easy grow and was not finnicky at all.
Pic:
https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/35013nycd4.jpg

At the time I was looking around for the elusive 'grapefruit' smelling pheno, but, no luck.

AnnaC still around making stuff?
Didnt they offer a montel williams strain........?

-cap

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze was great. I can vouch for Nirvana White Widow also. I had a freebie seed from Reserva Privada, a Sour Diesel Fem seed, that became a top three strain for me.

hubcap, I would love to get a good grapfruit too. I smoke some last year, and loved the flavor. It wasn't a super impressive high, but the flavor...

D

DNM1

Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze was great. I can vouch for Nirvana White Widow also. I had a freebie seed from Reserva Privada, a Sour Diesel Fem seed, that became a top three strain for me.

hubcap, I would love to get a good grapfruit too. I smoke some last year, and loved the flavor. It wasn't a super impressive high, but the flavor...
Super Lemon Haze
Greenhouse Seeds
:)

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5046.jpg
    IMG_5046.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 19

Mimpi Manis

Interesting how the hate on Arjan and GHS is now some kind of meme? Not sure I've seen much in the way of verifiable info about it actually. I will say this; Strawberry Haze is a fantastic fruity aromatic strain. With a lovely fast onset, up sativa buzz. Pretty quick for a majority sativa hybrid too. White Strawberry Skunk, White Lemon and their version of SSH all delivered robust plants and good bud (outdoor) for me. But Strawberry Haze is definitely a fave. Each to their own I guess. In the days of runaway conspiracy and fake everything, its always a relief to get some actual verifiable info over oft repeated opinion... IMHO! (Could the cannabis community survive that much fact I wonder)? With all the lies, crap and injustice users have had forced on them over the decades, you'd think truth and veracity would be a little more aspirational wouldn't you? LJ.

D

DNM1

Walked yesterday past Barney's Farm stand
Got stopped.Left smiling,Asked the guy if I get LSD will he guarantee me the 13+ week "sleeper" pheno ?
:)

Attachments

• IMG_9828.jpg
    IMG_9828.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6297.jpg
    IMG_6297.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 18
E

ESTERCHASER

every pic ive seen of ghs has been stellar i dont understand the hate they get damn

JockBudman

Not strictly a strain but the only clone mother I have and have bothered breeding with, is from a pack of mandala safari mix. There's good things to say about all of the plants from that run; I had a fat budded stocky one with a lemon scent, a spicy, incensey pole of buds, one that stank of bubblegum and had a great sativa buzz and the only one I managed to save, my mother that I call Mango.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's the one that's flowering right now, at around 68 days. Normally she'd be down around now but she's been growing in a loft in winter so I'll forgive her for my abuse. She's handled it really well though and tbh she takes all abuse - too cold, too hot, not enough nutes, too much nutes, getting root bound and flowering then subsequently revegging - still seems to be fine. The mum is recovering from a root binding now and is revegging away after starting to flower under 18/6. Doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've kept this mum around 2 years or so and I don't keep any other mums - that's how good she is. Clones well, handles all stress without herming, frosts up really quickly in flower, stinks of sweet tropical fruits (mostly mango) and the smoke is spicy, hashy and almost devastating - a powerful sativa high that begs you to exercise lest you freak the fuck out. I smoke every day and I can't handle her sometimes.

Here's a bud shot to close

picture.php

In summary - fuck the hype and buy mix packs, you never know what you'll find. I'm running Mr Nice dreamtime right now in fact and the fat juicy male will be hitting up a cut of mango as soon as I've got one ready to go.

:tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
That's damn impressive, JockBudman! You may just inspire me to finally buy that ACE Seeds mix pack I've been looking at for YEARS!

JockBudman

You should, I had a mum come out of the same grow as the mandala stuff (I did a half pack of each) that was called Purple Queen. Sadly she died off last year without ever getting crossed.

picture.php

picture.php

Great sativa high, like coffee, but she didn't survive a repotting sadly and went in the bin.

Here's some more from that grow

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bud Jones

Not strictly a strain but the only clone mother I have and have bothered breeding with, is from a pack of mandala safari mix. There's good things to say about all of the plants from that run; I had a fat budded stocky one with a lemon scent, a spicy, incensey pole of buds, one that stank of bubblegum and had a great sativa buzz and the only one I managed to save, my mother that I call Mango.

View Image

View Image

View Image

That's the one that's flowering right now, at around 68 days. Normally she'd be down around now but she's been growing in a loft in winter so I'll forgive her for my abuse. She's handled it really well though and tbh she takes all abuse - too cold, too hot, not enough nutes, too much nutes, getting root bound and flowering then subsequently revegging - still seems to be fine. The mum is recovering from a root binding now and is revegging away after starting to flower under 18/6. Doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've kept this mum around 2 years or so and I don't keep any other mums - that's how good she is. Clones well, handles all stress without herming, frosts up really quickly in flower, stinks of sweet tropical fruits (mostly mango) and the smoke is spicy, hashy and almost devastating - a powerful sativa high that begs you to exercise lest you freak the fuck out. I smoke every day and I can't handle her sometimes.

Here's a bud shot to close

View Image

In summary - fuck the hype and buy mix packs, you never know what you'll find. I'm running Mr Nice dreamtime right now in fact and the fat juicy male will be hitting up a cut of mango as soon as I've got one ready to go.

:tiphat:
Nailed it ! Great flavor description.. Nice find man . Mandala seed hey ? She’s a beaut .

G

growhigh1233

MEDICAL SEEDS -------BLUEHELL

a feminised selection of dj shorts blueberry................currently the only pure source of this blueberry line available online ,,,,,,,,,,,,,dj selling them in america mostly

their the real deal