What's new

Skunkburner's 6kW Grow

S

skunkburner

Using the Canna Coco with the whole Canna nutrient line for coco, as for how I'm feeding it breaks down to 15mL / gallon of Rhizotonic, 10mL / gallon of Cannazym, 15 mL / gallon of Coco A, and 15 mL / gallon of Coco B. The whole mix sits for 2 hours before I pH it, at which point it comes out to around 6.4 - 6.6, at which point I pH down to around 5.5 - 5.7 and the TDS ends up being around 1380ppm on a Hanna meter, which makes the EC around 2.8.
The part that's puzzling to me is that of 12 plants cloned from the same mother that's the only one exhibiting signs of stress on two or three leaves. All the new growth appears to be fine.

whodare

Veteran
2.8 ec is hot as hell tbh, but what is it before you mix the rhizo and zyme?

Your using ro?

It's not a deficiency from under feeding though.

Maybe its a .7 Conversion meter?? Then it would be just under 2 ec??

Those plants arent showing 2.8ec.. thats madness

you'd see leafs curling like mad and burn at that high in that stage

S

skunkburner

I am using RO water mixed with a tap water at a 3:1 ratio, so for a 30 gallon reservoir it comes to 7.5 gallons of tap water and 22.5 gallons of RO water. The PPM's come out to around 60 to 70 with nothing added.

whodare

Veteran
that should be fine, though if its still high alkalinity then it could mess with ya, how much ph down do you need to use if any?

and what i meant was,(sorry wasn't clear) how much ec does the rhizo and zyme add?

S

skunkburner

I haven't tested the PPM's after adding the Rhizotonic and Cannazym, but I do use pH down. 45mL of pH down to 30 gallons of nutrient brings the pH from around 6.5 to around 5.7.

whodare

Veteran
Wowza,

I don't even really use ph up or down, little sulfuric acid if I do.(5-10 ml brings my 80 gallon system down .5 ph)

Sounds like the alkalinity is high, which can cause all sorts of havoc, try using just ro water, and leave out the zyme and rhizo to see what ec is without them...

S

skunkburner

Just switched the room over to flowering, so there will be more interesting pictures in the coming weeks.

Overview:
picture.php

Mixed strain side:
picture.php

Chem D mono crop side view 1:
picture.php

Chem D mono crop side view 2:
picture.php

T

TribalSeeds

Using the Canna Coco with the whole Canna nutrient line for coco, as for how I'm feeding it breaks down to 15mL / gallon of Rhizotonic, 10mL / gallon of Cannazym, 15 mL / gallon of Coco A, and 15 mL / gallon of Coco B. The whole mix sits for 2 hours before I pH it, at which point it comes out to around 6.4 - 6.6, at which point I pH down to around 5.5 - 5.7 and the TDS ends up being around 1380ppm on a Hanna meter, which makes the EC around 2.8.
The part that's puzzling to me is that of 12 plants cloned from the same mother that's the only one exhibiting signs of stress on two or three leaves. All the new growth appears to be fine.

You should really be using more like 1-2ml of rhizo at this point. Id cut it out all together.
The label has directions for young plants at 10-15ml and established plants 2ml.
Those plants will become rootbound if you keep feeding them that stuff in super high concentrations with all the roots they must already have.
Reducing that stuff should reduce your PH also
1380 at .7 is closer to 1.8ec?

Rolldaddy

Very nice Skunk... Are any more leaves showing issues? If I started seeing a few leaves start to change color while feeding with ppm levels that high I would give them a flush with 25% strength solution. Even if leaves weren't discoloring I'd give them a good flush with a light solution rite around the time of the flip just to be safe anyway

Enlighten

Looking good! I get the feeling you have done this type of thing before? lol

Anyway looking forward to seeing the Tahoe :tiphat:

S

skunkburner

You should really be using more like 1-2ml of rhizo at this point. Id cut it out all together.
The label has directions for young plants at 10-15ml and established plants 2ml.
Those plants will become rootbound if you keep feeding them that stuff in super high concentrations with all the roots they must already have.
Reducing that stuff should reduce your PH also
1380 at .7 is closer to 1.8ec?

At this point the feeding they're getting is 2mL / gal of Rhizotonic, 10mL / gal of Cannazym, 15mL / gal of Boost, 15mL / gal of Coco A, and 15 mL / gal of Coco B.

The pH has gone right down with the addition of the Boost and reduction in Rhizotonic, so I no longer have to use pH down.

Very nice Skunk... Are any more leaves showing issues? If I started seeing a few leaves start to change color while feeding with ppm levels that high I would give them a flush with 25% strength solution. Even if leaves weren't discoloring I'd give them a good flush with a light solution rite around the time of the flip just to be safe anyway

The new leaves all appear to be quite happy and healthy, so I'm just going on ahead and hoping that it was a once off issue.

I also modified my RO water to tap water ratio so I'm adding 10 gallons of tap water to 20 gallons of RO water to avoid having to add a supplemental CalMag nutrient.

S

skunkburner

Update at 9 days into flower, lots of growth going on.

The usual overview shot:
picture.php

Mixed strains side:
picture.php

picture.php

Chem D mono crop side:
picture.php

picture.php

S

skunkburner

I run the Hortilux Blue MH bulbs for the first two weeks of flowering to reduce stretching, then flip over to the Hortilux Super HPS bulbs.

Latest posts

Latest posts