What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunkburner LEP Grow

S

skunkburner

The first and most noticeable thing about the KKSC under the LEP is that I'm experiencing no yellowing of the leaves aside from a few towards the bottom that aren't being hit with much light. The buds also appear to be much larger but that could be due to the extra veg time they got.

Looking impressive skunkburner. So just to clarify, Gavita brand lights are LEP meaning plasma lights and not HID lights correct? Also what's the accepted method of avoiding toasting colas that are basically tall enough to be inches away from the light/heat source? Just use string and tie them away from the light? I assume they're too sturdy to do much more to them at that stage. Forgive me if I'm rambling, first time making brownies and made them too potent lol.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the grow. Cheers

S

skunkburner

Yeah, these are the Gavita LEP lamps not their HID ones. I would've loved to have gone with the Gavita HID ballasts too, but I don't have 240V lines. I try have at least 12" of space between the lights and plants, then stake things into place if they're getting toasty at the tips. If that happens, as it did for two of the ISS tops, I just sacrifice the bleached/toasted part when it comes time to trim the colas up. You can always just toss that stuff into making BHO or bubble hash.

S

skunkburner

An update at 43 days into flowering.

The overview of everything:
picture.php

Overview of the KKSC:
picture.php

A single KKSC cola, they're all packing on enormous amounts of weight, and still no yellowing of leaves:
picture.php

A closeup of that cola:
picture.php

S

skunkburner

A Skunk #1 cola:
picture.php

A closeup of the Skunk #1 cola, the LEP lamps are causing some serious trichome development:
picture.php

S

skunkburner

A few ISS cola's, aside from packing on the weight they're smelling like delicious lemon goodness:
picture.php

Another ISS cola:
picture.php

One more ISS cola, you can see right at the top the leaves are a bit heat stressed. This particular cola is around 6'8" at it's top, which is far too tall for my room:
picture.php

This particular ISS cola is sitting right under the LEP lamp, the picture doesn't do justice to the massive amount of trichomes that are there:
picture.php

Yeah, these are the Gavita LEP lamps not their HID ones. I would've loved to have gone with the Gavita HID ballasts too, but I don't have 240V lines. I try have at least 12" of space between the lights and plants, then stake things into place if they're getting toasty at the tips. If that happens, as it did for two of the ISS tops, I just sacrifice the bleached/toasted part when it comes time to trim the colas up. You can always just toss that stuff into making BHO or bubble hash.

Thanks for the reply, this makes me want to get a Gavita LEP lamp asap :) your buds are looking amazing I can't wait to see the final results/yields.

S

skunkburner

Got the digital microscope I ordered in the mail today, started messing around. This is a shot of a Skunk #1 leaf edge where the trichromes are starting to become cloudy and amber, but I'm also noticing some purple in the stalks.

picture.php

whazzup

Veteran
thanks for the great updates! Yes, UVB increases terpenes development, that explains the smell.

S

skunkburner

Some more pictures with the microscope

KKSC at 50 days, the trichomes are going milky and amber all over the place:
picture.php

ISS at 50 days, still mostly clear trichomes:
picture.php

Amazing shots skunk, glad to see the girls coming along nicely. How long until you chop the KKSC? Seems almost ready unless you were looking for more amber trichome development.

S

skunkburner

An update at 63 days, going to be taking things down at 65 days.

A massive KKSC cola, the leaves are all dying off so it looks sort of sad, but there's a massive amount of trichomes all over it:
picture.php

The Island Sweet Skunk, just massive buds all around, heavy coating of trichomes too:
picture.php

The LEP lamp has kept this cola's leaves mostly green while everything outside the lamps range is turning completely yellow:
picture.php

My first time running Super Lemon Haze, I got the cut from a friend and gave it a try. It has a nice lemon smell, but it's thrown bananas so I'm taking it down at 65 days instead of 70, and doesn't produce shit in terms of weight. Overall, I wouldn't recommend the strain:
picture.php

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cola city bruh! Splendid!!

Pity about your SLH, it's some nice weed if you have the hazey leaning cut. Looking forward to some dry budshots of those beauties

whazzup

Veteran
you can see the effect of the plasma light in maintaining the photosynthetic system of the plant. Very nicely illustrated, great buds.