What's new

Six plants, 7ft tall vertical in coco

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Very nice dude... Good pics I get a good idea on what you've removed leaf wise from them.

2 month veg is hella long! Do you veg while your blooming? I could see that working well.... Guess my impatience is showing :p Whatever great job mate. Looks like you'll do very nicely out of that...

gardenbug

Room is about 8ft x 8ft
Plants are about 12-18" from the bulbs and are around 24" thick.

They are vegged in a separate room. Flowering time is about 75 days so they get about 75 days from cutting being taken until they get flipped to flower. Usually a week or 2 to root, so that leaves around 2 months veg time.

I've done several runs similar to this one but with less light. Last run was with 1000 watts first half of flowering and 1600 watts second half of flowering and yielded about 2.5lbs. There's threads here somewhere on my last several runs. This is only the 2nd time in coco, was dwc before. I prefer the coco.

The idea is to get them to grow out towards the light horizontally to open up that whole branch to the light. The main stem is tied back and the branches are allowed to grow out and bend down horizontally under their own weight. I have lots of support wires in there to keep them from snapping or touching the floor. When the branch goes towards the light instead of up it helps aim the top of the buds at the light, just as they would be if done horizontal. This avoids having the back side of large buds coming out undeveloped.

zor

i love that you are maximizing your flower space without a high plant count. Your training makes a lot of sense. Mad kudos and best of luck.

gardenbug

Pics are with lights on so they didn't turn out too great. Will grab some better ones later.

Attachments

• SANY0001.jpg
    SANY0001.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY0005.jpg
    SANY0005.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SANY0012.jpg
    SANY0012.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY0014.jpg
    SANY0014.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 12
  • SANY0029.jpg
    SANY0029.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 8
  • SANY0028.jpg
    SANY0028.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 13
  • SANY0023.jpg
    SANY0023.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 7

danks

raise the bottom llight so its almost touching the top one, most of the plants weight when doing vertical is in the middle. and are u running ushio on the bottom and hortilux up top? a set up like that would do very nicely with 3 600 and the middle being mh in the 6400k range, about 200 watts less with a higher lumens and a broader spectrum. nice job though.

gardenbug

raise the bottom llight so its almost touching the top one, most of the plants weight when doing vertical is in the middle. and are u running ushio on the bottom and hortilux up top? a set up like that would do very nicely with 3 600 and the middle being mh in the 6400k range, about 200 watts less with a higher lumens and a broader spectrum. nice job though.

In the pics it does look like they are too far apart, but in person it looks right. Right on the bulbs, 1k hortilux on top and 600 ushio on bottom.
I've adjusted the in between spacing and raised and lowered them a few times during the grow. In those last pics they are dropped low to fatten up the lower stuff, and to bring the top bulb closer to the shorter blue dreams. Three bulbs would work best, I haven't had them get that tall before. A stack of three 1000's would be perfect. I've found the 1000 penetration to be much better than the 600's. You can push the circle out farther making for a bigger canopy.

gardenbug

73 days.
Having some trouble deciding if they are done or not. Usually are chopped at 75-77 days.

If the picture looks sideways or upside down that isn't the camera, that is the way those buds are growing. The camera is held normally. Some of the buds are actually upside down due to their weight or training.

Room shots

Attachments

• SANY0021.jpg
    SANY0021.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SANY0022.jpg
    SANY0022.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SANY0023.jpg
    SANY0023.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY0040.jpg
    SANY0040.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 11

gardenbug

Close ups

Attachments

• SANY0011.jpg
    SANY0011.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SANY0010.jpg
    SANY0010.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SANY0009.jpg
    SANY0009.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 9
  • SANY0017.jpg
    SANY0017.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 14
  • SANY0018.jpg
    SANY0018.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SANY0019.jpg
    SANY0019.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 9
  • SANY0029.jpg
    SANY0029.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 8
  • SANY0027.jpg
    SANY0027.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY0025.jpg
    SANY0025.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
  • SANY0024.jpg
    SANY0024.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9

gardenbug

These are the lower buds. In vert the popcorn ends up in the back, not on the bottom.

Attachments

• SANY0049.jpg
    SANY0049.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 16
  • SANY0050.jpg
    SANY0050.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY0051.jpg
    SANY0051.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SANY0052.jpg
    SANY0052.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 11
G

guest121295

Nice work dude, nothing like a nice vert donut to ramp up the yields.Great setup.:)

gardenbug

6 plants.
400 watts veg for about 2 months.
1600 watts flower.
Ended up being a bit over 4 lbs.
So 1.2 gpw if I'm doing the math right.

I'm happy with the results. Around 3 lbs is top quality, about 3/4 lb good quality medium sized, and 1/4 lb or less popcorn. Probably only an oz worth of the popcorn that I would consider fluffy, larf, etc. Most of the smaller buds are still dense, just small. Last time was a 400 and a 600, this time a 1000 and a 600. I would like to try a stack of 3 1000's. Probably would lower the gpw but the total yield and quality would be great. Using the the bigger bulbs let the circle be pushed out farther making a bigger canopy.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing job gb...I want to try doing some trees but I'll do those outside!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
6 plants.
1600 watts flower.

Let's see... 4lbs = 1792 grams...

Yep.. 1.2 gpw if you didn't have a 2 month veg time. Gpw is assumed to be based on a 60 day grow with approximately a week of veg time.

Once you start adding chillers, A/C, extended veg times and all that.... need to calculate based on grams per watt per month... completely different calculation if you're looking to calculate efficiency of your grow.

Just saying... :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

zor

6 plants.
1600 watts flower.

Nice run bug. Awesome yield with a super stable setup that looks easy as pie to maintain.

Even though 2m1onths of vegging is a st long time, for some of us with smaller setups, we have no choice but to veg for the full bloom cycle anyway. so it doesn't really hurt grams/watt/month in everyone's situation.

Grizz

Veteran
nice job, personaly i think 3 k would be a waste unless you have 6to 7 ft trees, even at 6ft 2 1000's would kick ass,

gardenbug

Let's see... 4lbs = 1792 grams...

Yep.. 1.2 gpw if you didn't have a 2 month veg time. Gpw is assumed to be based on a 60 day grow with approximately a week of veg time.

Once you start adding chillers, A/C, extended veg times and all that.... need to calculate based on grams per watt per month... completely different calculation if you're looking to calculate efficiency of your grow.

Just saying... :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

I've always seen gpw calculated based on flower room light wattage, and that's it.
Grams per kilowatt hour seems like the best method, but everyone seems to like gpw numbers. Probably because it's easy to calculate. Previous runs came in around .5 to .75 gpw using less light, so 1.2 with more light was a surprise. This would be the most efficient run so far. No chillers like with dwc, no a/c, just bare minimum setup using coco.
My veg is done in a separate room while the other room flowers so veg time doesn't delay flowering in my case.

gardenbug

nice job, personaly i think 3 k would be a waste unless you have 6to 7 ft trees, even at 6ft 2 1000's would kick ass,

I ended up hitting the 7.5ft ceiling. about 1.5ft container and 6ft of plant. I agree that 3 1000's probably wouldn't be very efficient but 2 bulbs left some spots where I could tell there wasn't enough light.

Latest posts

Latest posts