What's new

Sittin in my shed....

armedoldhippy

Veteran
so why stand on tradition I say.
i've been thinking about a Thanksgiving using ONLY the foods commonly eaten then by the Indians of the area. turkey maybe, but they are pretty sure about venison, seafood (striped bass etc) and various veggies they had growing. no pumpkin pies or sweet tater casseroles though. :confused:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Last rootball pulled out and bonfire 🔥 built …. I’ll probably take the green bits back off until it’s burning well.
Dark now so won’t be long
IMG_3146.jpeg

IMG_3147.jpeg

IMG_3148.jpeg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Ontario Fire Code 2.4.4.4.
Open air burning is not permitted. Exceptions to open air burning require a permit and are found below under the tab Open Air Burn Permit and Cultural Fire Authorization.​

Enjoy! We can't. :rasta:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Christmas is fast approaching, last day of school for little miss b and she’s very excited- just over 2 weeks off school… I remember the feeling well!

My back is pretty much knackered the last few months, currently dosed up with painkillers and wearing a back support - not helping much.
Am waiting for a scan (mri) before they can do anything, last scan was 9 years ago and they found herniated discs so I’ve gotten away with it for a while but I think it needs intervention now.

Must start looking into some kind of hydro system (if I can find a cheap and easy method) as the bending for watering plus shifting soil is getting to be painful…. There must be a solution

Happy holiday season to all 🎅

armedoldhippy

Veteran
My back is pretty much knackered the last few months
hate to hear, mr. brunch. back pain much like a toothache, hard to ignore. my sciatic nerve pain has largely disappeared after i started taking collagen supplements. pain in shoulders is arthritis, doc said it would quit hurting when i stop breathing. :confused: they don't hurt when shooting my bows or casting a fly rod, so there is that in my favor. hope your doctors can help you. :good::santa1:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your back. I think you have that in common with many of us. I have had 2 back operations for stenosis while my life-long back pain still cycles through once in a while . . . :rolleyes:
That’s not good mate… they offered me a steroid injection 9 years ago but said I can only have a total of three so we decided I’d wait until it got worse, and I gave up my job (house and office removal) as it was too much repetitive heavy weight on my back
It’s been on and off since then , but for the last few months it’s been hard work 😓

mr.brunch

Veteran
hate to hear, mr. brunch. back pain much like a toothache, hard to ignore. my sciatic nerve pain has largely disappeared after i started taking collagen supplements. pain in shoulders is arthritis, doc said it would quit hurting when i stop breathing. :confused: they don't hurt when shooting my bows or casting a fly rod, so there is that in my favor. hope your doctors can help you. :good::santa1:
Thanks mate
The work I used to do was the cause- we all used to lift far too much weight and run with it constantly on a daily basis… jumping off vans with boxes on the shoulder or while carrying furniture just to finish work on time
Seems a good idea when you’re young I guess
My knee is just about hanging on (bad arthritis in it though) after 2 operations, next up is a replacement but I’m holding on as long as possible.

Bending down to water plants is becoming a pain in the ass though 🤣

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
That’s not good mate… they offered me a steroid injection 9 years ago but said I can only have a total of three so we decided I’d wait until it got worse, and I gave up my job (house and office removal) as it was too much repetitive heavy weight on my back
It’s been on and off since then , but for the last few months it’s been hard work 😓
I just had my back injections and it still aches...I go in for RFA where they burn the nerves at the spine to eliminate the pain signals to the brain...it' lasts a few years and then it's back to icing the back...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have never had injections either for the lower back pain. For that, I eat muscle relaxants with methocarbamol, smoke some strong hash and get horizontal for a while.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I have never had injections either for the lower back pain. For that, I eat muscle relaxants with methocarbamol, smoke some strong hash and get horizontal for a while.
Here in uk we’re pretty limited in health care choices(on the nhs) - it’s basically 1.codeine and physio 2.injections 3.surgery to fuse your spine 😳

Obviously I’m grateful it’s free, but it’s horrendously underfunded.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
when it's bad enough meds just don't seem to check off the box for me...I have 20 mg. of hydrocodone daily just to keep the wheels turning...it's no fun but at my age it does the job...if I was in my 20's surgery would make sense...

Timj

I've had a total of 4 back surgeries. With every surgery the pain got worse. The last and final surgery was another spinal implant to replace a failed unit. That one failed around 18 month later. At that point I stopped having surgeries. I have also had 5 cortisone injections into my back. The last one was a bilateral facet injection. It work for 3 days. They said it didn't work long enough and wouldn't attempt any more. I was on 30 mg of methadone a day for pain. I have been clean of all pharmaceutical pain killers since 2009. I use an organic mushroom powder blend for pain now along with cannabis. Without the mushroom powder blend I am bed ridden most of the time. It's something I'll never stop using.

Latest posts

Latest posts