What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Great to see you're doing well as always!

I'm certainly in favor of cooler weather, but I'd rather eat... but that sun gets me every time!!

A pool is my next step.

And trees. More than one. Shade is good. Cherries are almost as good.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Veg patch pics
Peas
IMG_2582.jpeg

IMG_2592.jpeg

Lettuces
IMG_2581.jpeg

Pumpkins
IMG_2584.jpeg

Runner beans
IMG_2583.jpeg

French beans
IMG_2586.jpeg

And tomatoes
IMG_2585.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
Just sitting in my shed, having a last smoke before bed. It’s been cooler here for a couple of days so easier to sleep for now but I think the heat is due to return by the end of the week
Got a ten foot paddling pool this year to replace the six foot one from last year and I think it’s going to need emptying and cleaning before the weekend, but it’s well worth it for cooling off…. It’s been well used this year already-Haven’t needed any midnight dips this year yet but it’ll happen.
All the best to everyone :tiphat:

Betterhaff

Veteran
lovely my friend. wish I could grow peas. space is limited, have 6 tomatoes, 2 each sweet 100, pompei (roma type), and brandywine. the rest of space is for herbs, lettuce, and cayennes.

with little space, I grow up

mr.brunch

Veteran
Forgot to mention, I do grow cukes...train them up the sunflowers
Lovely stuff… the first time I did cucumbers, I grew 18 plants, completely forgot to slug pellet them and ended up with 1 dwarf cuke 🤦🏻‍♂️
Pellets since then!

It’s been absolutely hammering down with rain for the last couple of hours, so the patch is getting a lovely soaking- saves me watering for the next few days, nice to just watch everything explode with growth with minimal effort 👍
I’ll probably have to bend the pumpkin plants around tomorrow again… they have gone crazy this year

mr.brunch

Veteran
It’s my and mrs brunches 10th wedding anniversary next week, time has shot past… not sure what we’re planning yet but barbecue seems to be off the cards as it’s forecast to rain ☔

Coming up 9 years since I started this thread….
Baby girl is now nearly 10, young son is 21 and the dog is a little slower.
Shed is larger than when I began, still a little untidy but the shed spirit remains strong 💪

Little lady wants me to go and play in a moment, but I’m just stretching out this little bit of joint and iced coffee…..

buzzmobile

Veteran
I enjoyed the garden pictures, @mr.brunch . The garden peas made me think of an old joke about catching polar bears. First thing to do is chop a polar bear-sized hole in the ice. Once the hole is large enough line the edges of the hole with garden peas spaced approximately 10 - 12 cm apart. Get ready. When a polar bear walks up to take a pea run out and kick him in the ice hole.

1688828590282.png

mr.brunch

Veteran
I enjoyed the garden pictures, @mr.brunch . The garden peas made me think of an old joke about catching polar bears. First thing to do is chop a polar bear-sized hole in the ice. Once the hole is large enough line the edges of the hole with garden peas spaced approximately 10 - 12 cm apart. Get ready. When a polar bear walks up to take a pea run out and kick him in the ice hole.

View attachment 18862927
😂
Garden still going well with all the rain and sun
IMG_2635.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
Cooked up some fresh peas this evening…
IMG_2638.jpeg

Like eating sugar-peas… went lovely with pork, baby carrots, runner beans in beef stock
IMG_2637.jpeg

And mashed red potatoes with a touch of double cream
IMG_2639.jpeg

The wooden spoon trick I’ve not long learned- lay it across the pan (like the picture but across the middle) and it stops it boiling over.
Don’t know why but it works.

moose eater

It’s my and mrs brunches 10th wedding anniversary next week, time has shot past… not sure what we’re planning yet but barbecue seems to be off the cards as it’s forecast to rain ☔

Coming up 9 years since I started this thread….
Baby girl is now nearly 10, young son is 21 and the dog is a little slower.
Shed is larger than when I began, still a little untidy but the shed spirit remains strong 💪

Little lady wants me to go and play in a moment, but I’m just stretching out this little bit of joint and iced coffee…..
We grilled in the rain yesterday; a laterally bisected chuck roast cut into 2 nice chuck steaks and grilled over charcoal.

It can be done well, depending on the intensity of the rain... though the mosquitos seem to like it when we grill in their preferred weather, so they get a buffet too.

Happy anniversary.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
We grilled in the rain yesterday
i grilled in a downpour once years back, but had pulled my grill onto the carport between my car and the house. had no sooner started the MatchLight going when the phone rang. elderly neighbor lady down the street saw the flames and thought that my car was on fire and the house was in danger, lol. i miss her. she baked the best yeast rolls and loaves of bread i ever tasted. plus, she was nosy and kept an eye on everyone...;)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Not a very good July in regards to weather, but the veg has responded well to all the rain
Peas are finished, along with the lettuce, radishes, and carrots- runner beans are just starting to produce and are covered in flowers.
The pumpkins are going feckin mad, one plant has latched onto the apple tree…, couple of good large pumpkins on them for Halloween 🎃
I’ll take some pictures later 👋

mr.brunch

Veteran
i've got maters out the wazoo, and NONE have ripened at all! that's okay by

me, i slice/fry my big ones. but my wifes cherry tomatoes are as large as they are gonna get (have been for two weeks) and still green as gourds... WTF?
They’ll probably all ripen at the same time, and I’ll end up making soups/sauces and giving loads away
More rain today (another storm coming in) but looks to be getting sunny from Wednesday…. Maybe the pool will get more use this year after all 🥳🥳

Latest posts

Latest posts