What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ve been taking metoclopramide with omeprazole (prilosec) for about 7 years now for gerd and I don’t usually get nauseous but that virus laughed at it.
The only thing that stopped the cramping at 3am was to borrow one of my wifes diazepam tablets, break it and let it absorb into my gum.
Still didn’t sleep but it stopped me being doubled over

moose eater

hopefully the company is still there. i found them at a local candy store and went back and bought most of what they had. never all

not to mention other names but Krogers had a configuration.
Their wares seem to be available hither and thither once I sought them in online searches.

Saw that their 'ginger chews' come in a variety of added flavors, including mango, tangerine or mandarin flavor, and others, but figure the sugar content of the plain ginger, which I'd probably prefer anyway, is high enough.

Used to love eating 'fresh' mandarin oranges in winter, but the carbohydrate counts are off the charts, even for just a small piece..

Edit:

Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
are you diabetic? they also have a lemon. but the original is what you want. the mango is good but why mask the real?

Not pushing and wish I could poof and let you try lol

moose eater

sorry... your edit didnt come thru till i posted. 4 bucks US at the candy store.
Amazon a who..
GNC wants $3.29 USD here at the in-town store for a 1.8 oz. pouch of the original Ginger Chews.

The kilogram of same for $21 at Amazon sounds like a very good buy (price-wise, not karma-wise), but we want to try them before investing in a huge stash.

When I buy 28-lb. cases of organic not-sulfured Turkish apricots, we break them up into smaller portions in sealed food saver bags and freeze them for long periods at cold temps.

Yes, type II diabetic, but managed quite well for years, mostly via diet and activity.

Being an obsessive compulsive (probably Asperger's Syndrome to some degree) 'Rain Man' type of 'numbers guy', who counts mile markers and kilometer markers backward and forward when driving long distances as a form of brain exercises and addressing tedium, helped immensely with that; remembering carbohydrate counts for most anything you can name... from beer to specific food items/groups, to....??.

Betterhaff

Veteran
your in AK no? Buy one of those from GNC and try. The ones I'm buying are a 4 oz pack for $4 and have bought them for less. I wish I could post a pic... new phone and in the past that was my source to post pics

Betterhaff

Veteran
in the 4 oz packs i'm buying, there's about 30+ individual packaged chews. the thing that's nice about the packaging...they're portable and probably last longer.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Bit cold in the shed tonight- weather app tells me it’s -4°c and it’s enough to make the dog look at me like I’m crazy and go back to his bed 😂
Puffing away on some headbanger x opg and very tasty it is - got another 4 plants of it to take down in the next week or so but it’s been hard getting out of the house with the bugs going around…. Little miss B has been left with a chest infection and is on antibiotics but off school for a few days so the plants will have to wait a couple of extra days
Hope everyone is having a good evening :tiphat:

moose eater

+2 f. on the mercury and glass thermometer on the front porch this morning, early, away from the house's thermal envelope.

Been smoking the scissor hash from the Super Lemon Haze, littered atop the pressed hash seived from a more recent harvest's sugar trim, but last night I dumped the last of the Ghost Train Haze #1's scissor hash into the bowl;' not much there, but put me into a quasi-coma for the night, until I woke up in the middle of the night and raided the fridge. Don't ask.

Today is laundry day, and I promised myself (and my 6 mothers) I'd whip up a cutting mix to rescue them from the Zombie-land they've slunk into. They're now so irritated with me that they just sit there, looking horrible when I go in there. Really no longer condusive to motivating me toward anything other than shame and guilt.

I've tried to tell them to at least act hopeful, for both our benefits.

moose eater

I have heard the ghost train haze is mighty strong… been tempted to try and grow some
There are a couple different phenos, even just in consideration of structure.

Mine is potent, unique high, terps, etc. but weak stems. When she's less than half-way through bloom she requires crutches in order to stand. but she's a keeper.

Slownickel regarded her as a 'boron whore' in general, but I haven't found that in mine. Just weak, sometimes leggy stems.

I've had her for more than several years now.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
She must be a special one to keep that long … I think the longest I kept a clone was about 2 years with a ghs Big Bang I found , she was delicious and rooted so easily. I used to just put them in a glass of water and they had roots within a couple of weeks

moose eater

She must be a special one to keep that long … I think the longest I kept a clone was about 2 years with a ghs Big Bang I found , she was delicious and rooted so easily. I used to just put them in a glass of water and they had roots within a couple of weeks
She may be as old as 5 or 6 years now, but I have other mothers that are 20 to 25 years old, clone to clone.

My California Indica from Dronkers Sensi Seeds in A-Dam, that I brought back in 1997, I've had growing for 25 years this next month, again, clone to clone..

Arjan's original Super Lemon Haze (from Greenhouse Seeds, via The Attitude), is going on 15-20 years old, clone to clone. She's a TRUE keeper.

The Goji OG (Bodhi's, likely via James Bean Seed Co.) is probably closing in on 10 years old now.

The Satori (Mandala Seeds via Seedsman) is a youngster in the current group of moms, both copies, #2 and #5, and one or both are apt to be executed soon to make more room; they're probably over 3-5 years old now.

I lose track of time any more. What seems like a couple years ago I often find is/was over 5 years.

And I find they're like stray puppies that followed me home for a bowl of chow and warm milk. Getting rid of one is a lot easier to talk about than to actually do.

Last edited:

moose eater

SLH I have is unique in high, very lemony smell, and when ripe and crystaline, she feels like you're handling damp coarse brown sugar. Seriously.

She also isn't a top producer, but she holds her own; this last round she did a bit better than is typical of her, production wise. But I had changed a few minor things up, too.

I passed the point of needing to take notes on specific (epecially incremental) changes long ago, yet still rarely take acceptable notes, thus I'm apt to continue 'reinventing the wheel' at times.

Soilless mixes I've got mostly dialed in via notes, testing and adjustments, but a lot of the rest of it I do simply by 'sense of things', with a lot of 'cluttered memory' of general experiences affecting specific actions and outcomes.

The old 'listen to/read the plants' as opposed to getting stuck in the head and related circles goes a long way over time. Some sorts of self-discipline involving generic care, etc., have taken a long time to mature in practice.

I have notes here from 10 years ago (+/-) from Limeygreen, growingcrazy, slownickel, jadoka, and others who let out valuable gems over the years, but a lot of it still poses questions to me, unless I go back and remind myself.

Going from perpetually having crops for cash back in the day, to now just growing for me and mine, making some extract over the last couple years for cancer, etc., has me less and less in the instant memory recall, and more and more thinking, "What the hell was that about again?", then hoping I retained notes from discussions, or can remember when I tax myself a bit..

Like flying, shooting, or other things, the more one does something, the more proficient they may be.

Energy is key, however, to perpetuating this.

I recently let some of the moderate (among my best) go for $60/oz to a family member who was in need of cash-flow, who was turning around and letting it go for $150/oz., and hs customers seemed pleased.

I had always tried to avoid retail back in the more intense days, sticking to wholesale almost exclusively for security's sake when I was producing commercially, but I'm more than glad to no longer be in that line of work. Too old and too much stress to go out and recruit new outlets. Too many years being lucky. Little to no desire to get back into anything like that. Did it, made it, no adult-record dings out of it, crossed the fingers and walked away for the most part. Glad for it.

Last edited: