What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sir dabs' Resin Journal

Wow!!!! I'm seriously flattered..

Such kind words coming from somewhat iconic persons of the canna-culture giving ole dabs props?!!
It's truly an honor, thank you gentlemen for the kind words.
Latest runMaterial-300µ dry sift (cured and aged for over a year)

Technique Gravity Method
*A mimic of Brother Noreason's tech.*
Floated sift in very cold ice water, removed plant matter via very fine Stainless Steel kitchen stainer.

Poured through my 160µ bag and collected directly into my 25µ bag.

Results
90% full melt, Amazing aroma and of course the flavor is unreal.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Working another project with some pressing should have more pics to post soon.

Thanks for viewing guys!

is wax or bubble hash?

Good day fellow resin fanatics, latest batch ended up turning into the Ice Wax consistency.

Which I'm Loving

It is very dry, soft, supple, powdery chalk
[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/IMAG2709_zps7cc4066a.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/IMAG2708_zps9693cdc0.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/IMAG2707_zps99d36791.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/IMAG2706_zps65f7f60a.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Please click "View Original Size" for full viewing pleasure.

Happy Hashing guys!

why has become of such consistency ... you talked with ice wax..quali are proceedings ? and what are the diffrenze between bubblehash and ice wax?? tankyou man!! respect for your job :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
is wax or bubble hash?

Thanks for the comments and checking my thread criticalkush

Everything in this thread is technically Bubble Hash.

AKA, Ice Water Extract....

why has become of such consistency ... you talked with ice wax..quali are proceedings ? and what are the diffrenze between bubblehash and ice wax?? tankyou man!! respect for your job :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

The term Ice Wax is just another name for Bubble Hash that has a wax like texture.

In my experience, the waxy texture is strain dependent, also if not separated and dried correctly.. The resin has a tendency to turn into a cake like consistency , also called "Caked Out "

To be specific, there is no difference between Bubble Hash and "Ice Wax".. It is merely semantics, referring to the way the hash ends up looking in the end.
Again, thank you for stopping by, and the kind words.
:tiphat:

dabs are you using fresh frozen or cured material?

Greetings HB!

I have only tried using Frozen while Fresh material one time, while the taste and texture was amazing, I found that I lost a lot of my yield.

I also found the high was very heady and enjoyable, but only lasted for a short duration without any "body high".

I much much prefer cured trim to spin, I like to wait about 3 months before extraction, this gives the glands ample amount of time to go through the process of polymerization, increasing its use as a medicine.

From all the runs I've done, the cured trim produces a more rounded, medicinal effect, that entails a longer duration of a high.

One of the best Hash makers I know of take their trim directly from the plant, and goes directly into the Ice Water Slurry, then he dries, presses and Then he cures the pressed resin.

I don't know if one way is better than the other...
But, for me, cured trim produces the most elite hash, in fact my best bubble run was from 6-8 months of cured trim. Producing bronze/gold hard, sand-like hash.

Thanks for stopping in my friend:respect:
-dabs

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments and checking my thread criticalkush

Everything in this thread is technically Bubble Hash.

AKA, Ice Water Extract....

The term Ice Wax is just another name for Bubble Hash that has a wax like texture.

In my experience, the waxy texture is strain dependent, also if not separated and dried correctly.. The resin has a tendency to turn into a cake like consistency , also called "Caked Out "

To be specific, there is no difference between Bubble Hash and "Ice Wax".. It is merely semantics, referring to the way the hash ends up looking in the end.
Again, thank you for stopping by, and the kind words.
:tiphat:

Greetings HB!

I have only tried using Frozen while Fresh material one time, while the taste and texture was amazing, I found that I lost a lot of my yield.

I also found the high was very heady and enjoyable, but only lasted for a short duration without any "body high".

I much much prefer cured trim to spin, I like to wait about 3 months before extraction, this gives the glands ample amount of time to go through the process of polymerization, increasing its use as a medicine.

From all the runs I've done, the cured trim produces a more rounded, medicinal effect, that entails a longer duration of a high.

One of the best Hash makers I know of take their trim directly from the plant, and goes directly into the Ice Water Slurry, then he dries, presses and Then he cures the pressed resin.

I don't know if one way is better than the other...
But, for me, cured trim produces the most elite hash, in fact my best bubble run was from 6-8 months of cured trim. Producing bronze/gold hard, sand-like hash.

Thanks for stopping in my friend:respect:
-dabs

tank you for your answer bro!! I keep saying that your work is amazing I'll still have my congratulations:tiphat::tiphat: ... you Speg everything correctly ..
I just wanted to know what the specific procedure for means that the resin has a tendency to turn into a cake like texture , also called " Caked Out"
it all depends on drying is no other ?

:thank you::smoweed:

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Another Head Stash Spin

Another Head Stash Spin

tank you for your answer bro!! I keep saying that your work is amazing I'll still have my congratulations ... you Speg everything correctly ..
I just wanted to know what the specific procedure for means that the resin has a tendency to turn into a cake like texture , also called " Caked Out"
it all depends on drying is no other ?

:
Thank you again criticalkush....

in my experience, the resin having the propensity to "cake out" has many variables, such as;
- Strain(s) used
- How the starting material was stored
- How the Hash is dried and separated
- Pressing the Hash too early (before it was properly dried)
- How long the resin was in the water before removal..
**Edit** I forgot the most important factor to avoid the "Cake" and/or Oxidation...

- Keep the resin in a low-to zero RH environment at or below 55F, but do not freeze.

Although; I've tried many different techniques, sometimes I end up with the cake like hash no matter how meticulous I am with each variable.

As long as it is melty and tastes good, it is fine with me.

Hope this answers your question my friend.

Had to make some more Head Stash Hash, as I went through the last batch very quickly due to elevated pain, due to the crazy rain we've been getting in combination with some higher stress levels..

I decided to purchase a whip style Vaporizer, and ...HOLY SHIT...

I'm only using maybe 10% of what I using before, and getting substantially higher from said lesser amount

I should've bought one a long,long time ago...

Again, this was made from sugar leaf that I peel off as I break up flower...
Only yielded about a gram this spin, but the quality is top notch.

Last edited:

MIMedHead

I wish you were in MI I would have you wash all my trim or even hire you to teach me for a couple runs amazing quality!!!!

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
I wish you were in MI I would have you wash all my trim or even hire you to teach me for a couple runs amazing quality!!!!

That's one hell of a compliment my friend, coming from you..
I'd gladly run your trim :respect:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here, or through PM.

I talked with a guy living in Canada through pm over about a month, and he is now making killer Hash.
So, I am more than happy to share my tech,and my knowledge in this regard .

Anything that will get people to quit endangering their health and lives making Hash Oil in erroneous manners.

All the best MMH,
-dabs

As always, it's a pleasure to have ya aboard HB.

MAN.. Out of Da Buddha Vape....
Literally less than .01 of hash atop a "green screen " of 0.1

The flavor is out of bounds...
I didn't think my hash could taste any better than using the screen method on my Enail..

But, I was proven very wrong, by truly vaporizing the hash...
The high is different as well....

I'm still kicking myself for not vaping sooner, but I had a SSV, never really liked it, and gave up on her about 3 years ago...
I'm In love with the Da Buddha!!!

Gonna have to change my SN..
Sirvapesalot :D

All the best HB!
-dabs

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
yeah nice show & good job canolli dude

good result with creamy colors ;)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
da buddha looks just like the ssv! never tried either of them TBH.

you mostly hit off the enail in a water pipe? i heard about this screen method but your hash looks so clean i'd probably just try to dab it straight! it's gotta be full melt judging by the pics!

i just built myself a dab pen using a mechanical mod and RDA from the e-cig industry. revolutionary. full sized dabs on the go. i even am smoking it at home. i don't have an enail so this is my first torch-free dab apparatus. super grateful to lose that from the routine. people hate the torch lol.

in my experience, the resin having the propensity to "cake out" has many variables, such as;
- Strain(s) used
**Edit** I forgot the most important factor to avoid the "Cake" and/or Oxidation...

- Keep the resin in a low-to zero RH environment at or below 55F, but do not freeze.

Although; I've tried many different techniques, sometimes I end up with the cake like hash no matter how meticulous I am with each variable.

Had to make some more Head Stash Hash, as I went through the last batch very quickly due to elevated pain, due to the crazy rain we've been getting in combination with some higher stress levels..

I'm only using maybe 10% of what I using before, and getting substantially higher from said lesser amount

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3907_zpschcyrg3o.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3908_zpsaktwmuv7.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3910_zps1mjmx01i.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/67eb57b0-9ca9-4023-a2e7-4d25d9fb2d38_zpsrhi9uk7u.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3905_zps0onrx9un.jpg]View Image[/URL]

do you Pressing the Hash too early? (before it was properly dried)

:tiphat::tiphat:

- Strain(s) used

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3907_zpschcyrg3o.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3908_zpsaktwmuv7.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3910_zps1mjmx01i.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/67eb57b0-9ca9-4023-a2e7-4d25d9fb2d38_zpsrhi9uk7u.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b524/Sirdabsalot/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3905_zps0onrx9un.jpg]View Image[/URL]

How long have you dry your material before pulling three months right ??

for example to understand better .. you are able to briefly explain how you did this fantastic hash .. obviously the connection with the points you ' ve listed first

- Strain(s) used

REALLY thank you very much your availability! :tiphat::tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts