What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sir dabs' Resin Journal

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
:thank you: very much gentlemen!

The terpene profile on this batch is quite breathtaking (literally) ...

Expands in the lungs more than any other batch I've made.

Bubbling action is very fun to watch, begins melting once the heat source reaches close proximity .... Got to be extra careful when lighting up, as this resin is extremely flammable.

So, I've been using my makeshift vaporizer (soldering iron w/ ceramic element) for the first few hits, then I can move on to the lighter to finish it off.

I actually ran out of FM for the first time in over a year. So, I pulled a gram to last me until this has ample time to cure the remainder.

****large part of my depression is sourced from an empty garden****

The reason this is happening is lack of a second (regular) income.
I've managed to pull in some income, but just enough to cover our expenses.

And I almost had saved up enough to get my new room framed in, sealed & insulated in a controlled environment . But, alas.....

Both my wife's car and my own both broke down simultaneously ...costing me every single penny I had accrued for this project (about a grand)
I am grateful that I had the cash to cover the repairs, as I did NOT want to put it on credit

But damn, that was like getting punched in the gut.

Anyhow, thank you guys for the warm welcome back.

I need to at least get a small grow going, to keep me from falling back into depression.

Even if it is just one or two small plants ... It would eliminate my depression, as gardening is my love, my passion.

So, I'm researching "Cab Grows" to get this mission rolling...

If anybody has a solid link for me, it would be greatly appreciated, or ANY ideas....

I do still have my tent /1000w setup, but it is in my un-insulated garage (Don't want to fight with temps, bugs inefficient energy consumption)
So, the long-term plan is to build/ frame in a sealed room in my 2 car garage.

And expand the grow.

Was gifted 2 more 1000w set ups , so the room would consist of 3 1000 w lamps/ hoods.

Thanks again for all the kind words, you guys are AWESOME!
I got some research to do, and some things I need to get done, but I
L get back to everybody ASAP.

Much love ICMAG,
-dabs

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
A Cherry Limeade Charas to welcome you back
View Image

Frenchy!!!!!!
I've missed you so much my friend.

I apologize for not at least messaging you, to let you know I'm okay, as I know you may have been concerned.

Same apology I owe to many of you, but chronic pain, coupled with deep depression is a bit crippling.

The Charas look tantalizing my dear friend.

Still trying to get my head "above water" as they say... But I'm determined to beat this, and rise above all the negatives and focus on the positives ....

Such as, I'm now free to do whatever I want, which is garden and make hash....

-still struggling with the left hip replacement, but...

It's time I pull my head outta my proverbial ass, and make this happen.
It is persons like you and Jump(and a few others) in which I will draw my inspiration from.

All the best my friend.

Aficionado by Frenchy entries fro the Emerald Cup

Aficionado Dr Strangelove from 2013 harvest, perfectly cured, oozing resin, very dark color when not rolled flat. Entered in the CBD competition
This Hashish has been tested at Sparc 39% THC and 19.9% CBD for the 75 to 160 microns
23.2% THC and 32.2% CBD for the 45 to 160 microns. After months of curing and pressing with a source of heat there is 0.9% CBN.
I run also a 25 to 160 but not tested yet, I hope to get over 40% CBD.
I have never work with such a genetic.
picture.php

Aficionado Oil Spill, live plant. The pressed resin shatter at room temperature so I took a hammer to it to get a look that would impress the judges and let them forget that it is pressed and on the Dark Side

picture.php

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Thank You Gentlemen

Thank You Gentlemen

Awesome thread sirdabs I am subbed! Amazing hash shots!
Thanks Mike! Glad you like the journal Brother.

Ever since I made my first batch of decent melt, Dabbing BHO lost its appeal for me.

Don't get me wrong, Concrete and Absolute still have their place in the concentrate community, but it does not mesh well with my Auto-Immune Disorder..

(**dabbed vac-purged oil for over a year exclusively...and lost about 80lbs of body weight **)

I do not deem this as the causation, rather a very peculiar correlation.

Nothing like the vapor of pure Resin Glands, pure bliss.

my kind of hash in here! :good:

Thanks HB! It is my hope that it will continue to progress further and further.

Since this thread got bumped how you hanging in there Sirdab? No updates in awhile hope your health is ok?

Hello MIM!! Yes, man... The health.. Mehhh, not good but not bad either...now that I'm no longer working full time, it has improved dramatically, especially since getting my garden's lights back on, and dialed into a proper environment.

Now, I just need to get my electric/wiring fixed up to where I can comfortably run a 400w and a 600w simultaneously... My spirits will be much higher , both figuratively and physically.

My deep depression was a direct result of the absence of an active garden.

Currently in my 3rd week of 12/12 after vegging for 8 weeks.. Got three fairly big bushy gals lookin pretty good.

I am finding that the theory of "one's plants' health have a direct correlation with the growers health"and particularly the grower's emotional state.

Regarding the updates; I've got plenty of trim to spin, but it seems every time I feel well enough to bust out my bags, something always seems to come up.

But I got a chance to finally get the buckets out... :]

this is the thread of all threads!

hell yea man!

we gotta collab on some resin sometime!

Most definitely jewce...hahahaha..lovin the user name brother...
Really glad to have your knowledge aboard ICMAG.

I Am most certain we should collaborate on some Water Sievin my friend.

I remember when I first started growing, and you told me the 1000w was way overkill for the 5x5 space..

When I moved the tent inside to a proper environment.. I took this into great consideration..
So, now I'm vegging with 400w Plantmax MH.(Nice spectrum for the price tag)

And I just purchased a 600w Ballast and the newest Eye Hortilux Daylight Metal Halide Blue with an HPS core for Bloom...I can say confidently that this bulb was worth every penny.

(Stll got 3 1000w systems on standby also, someday in the future I hope to go perpetual with all this gear)

With the immediate goal of getting the 400 & 600 running together so I can keep flowering while vegging to the 8 weeks I prefer.

Alright... Enough talk.... How's about some new resin shots?

I had a some LSD (Lemon Sour Diesel) that was caked with glands, only had roughly 50ish grams.
I really wanted this to be strain specific due to the awesome Lemon profile.

ended up with 2.4 grams of stellar 90 micron.
Stings the nostrils with an over the top Terpene Profile. One hit and I'm soaring with a laugh induced, crystal clear high.

2 hits and all I can do is close my eyes with a smile on my face that can not be controlled...

More pics coming..(.5pic limit)

Last edited:

MIMedHead

simply amazing looking sieved resin, I have never smoked anything like that when it comes to sieved hash, I would love to try some of that one day

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Much Appreciation

Much Appreciation

simply amazing looking sieved resin, I have never smoked anything like that when it comes to sieved hash, I would love to try some of that one day

A huge compliment from everyone!!

Thanks MIM,just to clarify; this is all water sieved resin,AKA Bubble Hash.

My ultimate goal in the end is to eliminate the water aspect all together, however the water and ice are a huge aid in separation of the glandular head from it's Leaf.

The key in getting it so clean is gentle agitation and extremely cold water, I refrigerate my water for at least 3-4 days with the fridge turned as low as possible (helps to have a separate fridge for this purpose only)

- Next is a pressurized Spray bottle to rinse the glands "clean" whilst still in the catch bag(s)

I equate this process with the same as "carding " dry sieved resin.

Hope this helps man!!
Feel free to ask whatever, whether Via PM, Or right here.

Class A thread bro,

this canna goods just look too amazing.

All the best

DS
:tiphat: thank you DS :woohoo:

omg I just wanna roll around in a huge pile of that beautiful hash!

HB.... thank you kindly sir.
I've been meaning to tell you how much I appreciate your passion with TLO.

I Am nearly to that level, but still supplementing with the General Organics bottles... I know this is sort of "cheating "...

But I am looking to go completely bottle-free on my next cycle, using amended soil and brewing AACT all the away through.

I started wandering your sig links last night, will be lurking your thread soon the next few days :tiphat:

Keep it going Bro !

Big Thank You, Ollie!!!!
This particular run was intended strictly for a head stash, I make it a priority to have a decent amount of high grade Hash on hand to treat my Severe Pain Spikes, insomnia, times of anxiety and to control my sometimes debilitating "Over-Active" thoughts.

When my pain levels get back down to normal, I definitely want to try the "Sand Dollar" technique.

Thanks again for sharing that, and thank you for the kind words.

Last edited:

Ollie

Veteran
Bubble is always okay to make !!! :D

Ya i hear ya, some stuff just gotta be taken care off, before venturing into playgrounds of sand ...

Big up

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
HI GROWERS, HERE YOU CAN LOOK MY JOB'S..

DIFFERENT EXTRACION STRAIN
-AMNESIA HAZE
-CONNIE CHUNG
-WHITE SNAKE LTD
SOON.. I WILL PUT MORE PHOTOS

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=61342

View Image View Image
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61005&pictureid=1435201&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Hello ACID GENETICS :wave:

That resin is simply amazing, and all the photos in your Album, also very beautiful.

You can also post those in this thread here....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6980680#post6980680

More people will be able to see the amazing Extractions

Thank you for sharing :tiphat: