What's new

Sinai landrace harvest time

monsterlobster

The reason I mentioned light schedule is that genetics from this region are considered to be semi auto. They trigger right after the longest day of the year. If you look at daylength for Baalbek Lebanon on June 21 you have 14:26 of total daylight. As I said, its only my opinion but I think light stress may be why people are getting hermies with these. Lights off is just as important for a plants health as light on. This run of combined Leb and Sinai was done with 15 hours of light. I rounded up slightly to be safe. For flower I went to14 hours which is equal to July 25 which should be in strong flower mode in Lebanon. The majority of flowering has been at that time hoping to encourage large bud growth. Now that we are approaching finish I have been reducing light in order to encourage the ripening. A couple days ago I reached the 12:30 mark which puts me into Sept light and close to the harvest time in Lebanon

First of all i can't thank you enough! I've learned alot from your posts.
I'll be mimicking these seasonal changes on my next run for sure!!
If i may, i have a question. Do you increase/decrease your lights On/Off intervals on a weekly basis let's say by 10 mins for example?

Rembetis

I decrease but how much and when depends on how the strain is responding. My timer has 15 minute intervals so that is the minimum I can do. That equals roughly 1 week decrease when you look at autumn and fall light. I will knock off half an hour a week when I get close to harvest with something like an Afghani that has been on 12/12. Growing in a tent with a large bulb has its challenges and I have found this technique to work well for finishing. I have done the same with long flowering Equatorial strains that want to go on forever. About a month out I will begin to walk the time back from 11/13 to 10/14.
I don't use the increasing light trick because as I mentioned, growing in a tent is a bitch and its one less factor to worry about

Rembetis

just to clarify a bit, don't decrease until the buds have finished bulking up. Only then do you want to move them towards ripening.
For hybrids and some IBL Afghans that I've grown I begin the reduction prior to the flip. I get them ready for flower mode the same as happens out doors. I grow these type strains under a 16/8 and around 30 days veg I will begin reducing by 30 mins a week and at day 60 I go to 12/12. I get explosive flowering by doing it this way.
Another thing to consider for this run is that by staying at 14 hours of light like it would be in Lebanon I get 2 hours of extra growth over the 12/12 schedule.
one more thing. I missed the question early on about re flowerings. Strains from this region are Sativas despite the wide leaf that some may have. Like all Sativas they will have multiple re flowerings. That's where cutting your nutes at the right time helps

monsterlobster

just to clarify a bit, don't decrease until the buds have finished bulking up. Only then do you want to move them towards ripening.
For hybrids and some IBL Afghans that I've grown I begin the reduction prior to the flip. I get them ready for flower mode the same as happens out doors. I grow these type strains under a 16/8 and around 30 days veg I will begin reducing by 30 mins a week and at day 60 I go to 12/12. I get explosive flowering by doing it this way.
Another thing to consider for this run is that by staying at 14 hours of light like it would be in Lebanon I get 2 hours of extra growth over the 12/12 schedule.
one more thing. I missed the question early on about re flowerings. Strains from this region are Sativas despite the wide leaf that some may have. Like all Sativas they will have multiple re flowerings. That's where cutting your nutes at the right time helps

Again you share some amazing knowledge!!! Thanks alot.
Tbh i was confused about the strain if it's indica or sativa as she started with kind of wide and fat leaves and got more slim when i marked 30 or so.

I've been feeding her half strength nutes, so you think i should water with just PHd water till i harvest?

Rembetis

I don't flush. Don't see the need in it the way I grow. What I meant with the above comment is that there is a cycle to the nutrients. You need a balanced fertilizer with higher N during veg and as you move towards the flip you'll need to boost P so you need something with low N and high P. By about the 3rd week or so you'll cut the N and give only P and K as needed for another two or three weeks. They really don't need anything near the end. Feeding too much P at the end can cause your bud to burn hot. You'll figure most of this out as you get experience and get your set up dialed in and also get more familiar with each strains particular needs

Hempy McNoodle

Cool thread monsterlobster!
Great info Rembetis! Those plants look fantastic.

I've grown Sinai twice indoors under T5s. I've seen quite a few phenos. The first grow was sensi and the second was open pollination for seed reproduction. Like Rembetis, I withheld nutes toward the end. I let my plants go to near death at harvest and get great smoke that way. I let the leaves yellow out and die and it progresses up the stem to the top bud and that is usually when I harvest. That is when the triches are most cloudy and may even turn amber. I used a standard 18/6 -12/12 switch cycle and harvested between 49-70 days depending on the plant.

I am growing my first landrace tropical sativas now and am using light cycle techniques which are similar to what Rembitas is talking about. Next time I grow Sinai or try Syrian I'm going to try it the Rembetis way.

Rembetis

Good luck Hempy! The tropical stuff isn't really that bad. Don't know why people are afraid of them.

Rembetis

I want to do something tropical next round but not sure what. I've been sitting on some Punto Rojo, Mangobiche and also Double Jam. And to make the choice even more difficult I got two packs of Dubi's Moroccan Beldia 2 line. And now Angus has the Sudan line available. Choices choices!