What's new

Sinai landrace harvest time

monsterlobster

Hello forum

This is my first cannabis grow. And it was a really fun learning journey for,but when it comes to harvest time especially to landrace strains i don't find much of an info about maturing and harvesting time.

My plant is currently on day 64 of flowering, most of the trichomes are cloudy and mst of the pistils are brownish /orange, but it seems like it's taking alot of time to have amber trichomes.

So if anyone has planted a sinai landrace before and have some tips on harvesting time, i would really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_120609~2.jpg
    IMG_20200601_120609~2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 87

chilliwilli

Waterboy
You could cut of one lower bud and smoke. When you like it harvest the plant. An other good sing is if the plant doesn't get any bigger and everything looks blown up.

squatty

Did you do a search already? I just skimmed through the thread with the most comments and it seems there is a fair bit of information there. The Reverend left some notes on the finish of his plant, although it looks a bit more sativa than yours.

bleepboop

i had 3 females all different, fluffy flowers with pink pistels and milding purpling. 2x dense and compact - similar to yours, 1 purple, 1 not. under led, taken to 76-81. all sharing a 20 gallon living soil pot and scrogged to keep under 1.5ft.

this doesn't look near senescence yet, give it a fortnight or so and see where you're at.

monsterlobster

Did you do a search already? I just skimmed through the thread with the most comments and it seems there is a fair bit of information there. The Reverend left some notes on the finish of his plant, although it looks a bit more sativa than yours.
the info i found was mostly outdoors plants and a more sativa dominant as you said, so i just wanted to ask if anyone would give more insights if possible

monsterlobster

i had 3 females all different, fluffy flowers with pink pistels and milding purpling. 2x dense and compact - similar to yours, 1 purple, 1 not. under led, taken to 76-81. all sharing a 20 gallon living soil pot and scrogged to keep under 1.5ft.

this doesn't look near senescence yet, give it a fortnight or so and see where you're at.
WOW!! lucky you :D , would you mind sharing pics if possible?.

2 more weeks?!!.. i though they probably have a week or so max since they have been in flowering for 9.5 weeks by now and they don't seem to have this classic sativa dominant look where i could say comfortably this plant needs 12 weeks of flowering for example.but it seems you are a bit of expert when to comes to this landrance so i'll keep an eye on her and see how she progresses for the next 2 weeks (hopefully she finishes before that :D)

bleepboop

no worries monsterlobster. I'm not an expert by any means but it's a fun hobby.

your photo was kinda low res so it's hard to say for sure.

I've just made an album though and learnt the hosting on here is 800x800 only so makes sense.

a fortnight or so is my way of saying 7-12 days rather than two weeks. i'm sure you'll do fine. made it this far. keep an eye out for hermaphrodite bananas as my "indica" pheno/#1 of 3 threw a few but it was also next to the tent door and i was probably a bit too inquisitive during the night cycle or something.

landraces can have a stressful time being taken indoors. sinai also semi autoflowers and showed sex under 18/6 and made a start from there quite happily until i switched to 12/12 about ten days in.

I don't have a microscope or anything and i tend to judge plants on the leaf fade/bud swelling. i cut some of the herming bits earlier too.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Still to many white pistils and the calyxes doesn't look swollen enough.
Still a week or 2 (max 3) to go I think.

Cheers.

(Btw: you can get a pocket microscope on AliExpress for 5-10 USD including shipping.)

monsterlobster

no worries monsterlobster. I'm not an expert by any means but it's a fun hobby.

your photo was kinda low res so it's hard to say for sure.

I've just made an album though and learnt the hosting on here is 800x800 only so makes sense.

a fortnight or so is my way of saying 7-12 days rather than two weeks. i'm sure you'll do fine. made it this far. keep an eye out for hermaphrodite bananas as my "indica" pheno/#1 of 3 threw a few but it was also next to the tent door and i was probably a bit too inquisitive during the night cycle or something.

landraces can have a stressful time being taken indoors. sinai also semi autoflowers and showed sex under 18/6 and made a start from there quite happily until i switched to 12/12 about ten days in.

I don't have a microscope or anything and i tend to judge plants on the leaf fade/bud swelling. i cut some of the herming bits earlier too.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/thumbnails/2045/5bb3923da086c63c5d0740b48fc1027c_2045762.jpg?dl=1591443910]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/thumbnails/2045/af69d51acdc489084d19a2cd913a6359_2045763.jpg?dl=1591443910]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/thumbnails/2045/93e3a8822c353576d27de433919d5739_2045766.jpg?dl=1591443910]View Image[/URL]

Beautiful plants, great job!!

Mine also showed her sex under the 18/6 schedule and transitioned smoothly into flowering once i set it to 12/12

Funny that you mentioned the bananas as I've found couple of them on the 2 main and tallest colas (seems like it was triggered as a result of being closes to the light)

Is it normal that they suddenly shoot new white pistils near the end from your experience?

monsterlobster

Still to many white pistils and the calyxes doesn't look swollen enough.
Still a week or 2 (max 3) to go I think.

Cheers.

(Btw: you can get a pocket microscope on AliExpress for 5-10 USD including shipping.)

I have a 40x magnifier and the trichomes are mostly cloudy with some amber here amd there as well as some cloudy/clear on the very bottom buds

Rembetis

since this was your first grow with a Land Race one thing you should know is that its important not to over fertilize. Too much N too late can extend the finish time. Also not intense enough light. This is my opinion only and how I do Land races, but check out the area where a strain comes from for an idea on lighting schedules. I never do the popular 18/6 and 12/12 for landraces. That works for hybrids or strains that have been in captivity for awhile but landraces need special treatment. I'll get a photo up in a bit and explain more when I get a chance

monsterlobster

since this was your first grow with a Land Race one thing you should know is that its important not to over fertilize. Too much N too late can extend the finish time. Also not intense enough light. This is my opinion only and how I do Land races, but check out the area where a strain comes from for an idea on lighting schedules. I never do the popular 18/6 and 12/12 for landraces. That works for hybrids or strains that have been in captivity for awhile but landraces need special treatment. I'll get a photo up in a bit and explain more when I get a chance

Yeah I've noticed they are pretty sensitive to nutrients (based on the ppm readings I've been seeing online, my plant would have been fried).

Interesting idea about the light!! And actually it makes total sense.I'm definitely going to experiment with the light schedule the next grow.

How much time does it usually take for you to finish flowering if you've done this strain before.

And ofc thanks for this informative response.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
I have a 40x magnifier and the trichomes are mostly cloudy with some amber here amd there as well as some cloudy/clear on the very bottom buds

It sure does sound tempting to say that you can cut it down if you want after reading this.
But I looked at the pictures again that you last posted. And what I see on the pictures is that are still to many white pistils.

When in doubt about harvesting give it another week.

Could you do that? Do another update in a week?

monsterlobster

It sure does sound tempting to say that you can cut it down if you want after reading this.
But I looked at the pictures again that you last posted. And what I see on the pictures is that are still to many white pistils.

When in doubt about harvesting give it another week.

Could you do that? Do another update in a week?

I'll give her some time and see how it goes.
It's just lots of info regarding the harvest, some swear by the colors of the trichomes while others by how how much the calyx is swollen and the white / brown pistils ratio.
I just don't want to wait for a long time since i spotted some bananas on the main colas amd and I'm afraid it's going to ruin the potency a bit.
And I'll update you for sure ?

Rembetis

monsterlobster, this is my first time with this strain. I was doing a seed repro with Lebanese and wanted to get a look at the Sinai so I popped a 5 pack. Leb,Sinai, Syrian, Moroccan are all closely related if I understand correctly. If I didn't have the pots labeled I couldn't tell them apart so I believe thats true.
As far as finish times are concerned, thats hard to say. Landraces like these havent been adapted yet to growing outside their region or as in my case in a tent. My current grow is very close to harvest, day 57. I have 2 Lebs that were ready at day 50. Cloudy trichs with some amber. A few white hairs at the tip of the upper buds. Most would be done in a few more days I would say with another that may go 70 days.

monsterlobster

monsterlobster, this is my first time with this strain. I was doing a seed repro with Lebanese and wanted to get a look at the Sinai so I popped a 5 pack. Leb,Sinai, Syrian, Moroccan are all closely related if I understand correctly. If I didn't have the pots labeled I couldn't tell them apart so I believe thats true.
As far as finish times are concerned, thats hard to say. Landraces like these havent been adapted yet to growing outside their region or as in my case in a tent. My current grow is very close to harvest, day 57. I have 2 Lebs that were ready at day 50. Cloudy trichs with some amber. A few white hairs at the tip of the upper buds. Most would be done in a few more days I would say with another that may go 70 days.

This almost confirms that the one I'm growing is going in the 70 days range (it's day 67 now, new white pistils are starting to brown) so i guess she has some more days to finish but I'll check at 70 again and see of she wants some more time.

And amaaaaaaazing plants you have over there, i hope you would get some monstrous high quality yield out them!!

Rembetis

The reason I mentioned light schedule is that genetics from this region are considered to be semi auto. They trigger right after the longest day of the year. If you look at daylength for Baalbek Lebanon on June 21 you have 14:26 of total daylight. As I said, its only my opinion but I think light stress may be why people are getting hermies with these. Lights off is just as important for a plants health as light on. This run of combined Leb and Sinai was done with 15 hours of light. I rounded up slightly to be safe. For flower I went to14 hours which is equal to July 25 which should be in strong flower mode in Lebanon. The majority of flowering has been at that time hoping to encourage large bud growth. Now that we are approaching finish I have been reducing light in order to encourage the ripening. A couple days ago I reached the 12:30 mark which puts me into Sept light and close to the harvest time in Lebanon