What's new

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NSPB is a work in progress. Takes money upon money - steady saving to bring it to fruition.

I noticed your tips on the D looked burned...so are you pushing her? She can take a good bit of food - normally she's a hog...especially on the Cal/Mg.

dank.Frank

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Good observation, .. I've been pushing everyone in general this time 'round.. Last round, the dirt itself seemed to peter out a little early. This time, I made it a point to push with some N early in flower, and then regular EJ/tea additions every 8-10 days..

That's interesting, your thought on the ChemD, .. My thought was the opposite - I was beginning to wonder if I wasn't pushing her enough, or maybe the blumat was too closed..

:shucks:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thoughts on Chem Sister? I just ran a StrawChemD that is awesome.....is the Golden Goat only a east coast strain.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
hey wdi! Seems like a long time, no.. ?! Glad to see you here again!

This whole behind-with-cuts thing is a bunch of horseshit. I ought to be pulling the first batch in the next 25-30 days, and I've got diddly to replace it. I have one monster ND mom, and a beer cup GG, ..

And three ND cuts that won't f*ckin' root.

I think I'll be making one last stab with the bucket clone-o-matic, .. With the addition of chlorine.

Here's the inspiration & wisdom: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219683

Basically, it's 1 gram of pool shock chlorine : 1 gal water

From there, 1 oz that water : 5 gal water to be used in cloner..

I"ll be trying that, and if all else fails, it's time for some seeds, dammit.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Well have you never tried the old humidity dome and rockwool cubes? Sorry if that was said forever ago but I'm not trying to read through 22 pages right now. I've only had limited success with that method but I didn't have a heat mat either though. I was actually going to try making a bubble cloner for the next round though out of spare shite kicking around. Good luck to you though man :yes:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Well have you never tried the old humidity dome and rockwool cubes? Sorry if that was said forever ago but I'm not trying to read through 22 pages right now. I've only had limited success with that method but I didn't have a heat mat either though. I was actually going to try making a bubble cloner for the next round though out of spare shite kicking around. Good luck to you though man :yes:

:laughing:

The dome/tray/heat works for me, .. +/- 60%, I'd say. It's kind of a pain in the ass to use, though, ..

Since I'm only ever taking half a dozen-or-so cuts at a time, the tray/dome/mat deal takes up half my veg tent - for six cuts. The tray/dome deal requires a bit more attention as well..

The bucket is straight ronco style [when it works] - set that shit and go smoke lots of pot.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Unless the ambient temps are low I don't bother with a heating pad. I don't use a heating pad period, for poppin beans or cloning. Call me redneck or old school but I love the root riot plugs. Idiot proof. I used a little Earth juice cloning solution and were done.

I love your nightmare diesel. I've heard so many good things about the blue sat. I'll be eagerly watching. Keep it up

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Unless the ambient temps are low I don't bother with a heating pad. I don't use a heating pad period, for poppin beans or cloning. Call me redneck or old school but I love the root riot plugs. Idiot proof. I used a little Earth juice cloning solution and were done.

I love your nightmare diesel. I've heard so many good things about the blue sat. I'll be eagerly watching. Keep it up

Man you are a old school redneck.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
lmao.

so, the gg is a midwest strain by my reading. (originally, not no mo' :)

im curious on chem variety opinions too... who like which one more and why, i need to read around...

heya silver!

bobblehead

Veteran
Yeah dude those chem d colas should be huge... My guess is that she got stunted early on... If something goes wrong during the stretch, she just doesn't perform ime. That's what I hate about the chem d, she's difficult to clone, and super sensitive to cal/mag issues. Not a plant for the inexperienced grower.

It does look pretty frosty though. I think you'll be more impressed with the smoke than the appearance.

I think the goat came out of Colorado? Idk, there's a whole thread about it. It's a nice plant, easy to grow, and yields tremendous. Colas just as big as chem d, but with less stretch normally. Obviously the goat wins the stress test though... And she roots way faster.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Good point bobble

She's the one who had a sort of turbulent ride into the flower room, .. First, after I potted her up to the 3 gal, I forgot to water her in, .. And she freaked.

Then, in that same stretch of time, I hit her with a foliar and left the lights (HPS) on. What a mo-ran.

I'd always read but never experienced the "rotten meat" stink quality - but I do now!

Does that tend to wane come harvey time? Or should I expect to be smoking buds that smell like an old Arby's sammich?

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
there is a thread about all Golden Goat, i dunno where it is someone give me a hand if i cant find it... it would be useful for me too ill look again... bobble what do you prefer with the chems?4 bc of the d being harder to root/grow?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
there is a thread about all Golden Goat, i dunno where it is someone give me a hand if i cant find it... it would be useful for me too ill look again... bobble what do you prefer with the chems?4 bc of the d being harder to root/grow?

Whats the difference between chem dawg and chem 4? I thought they were the same thing but I'm definitely not in the know. I have some chem dawgs vegging right now and they have been awesome. I had 100% success with rooting them which is really saying alot (I suck at cloning). Mine have been going hard too, no problems at all to speak of, lush dark green growth and they are just shooting up. Am I in for a different story when they start to flower? ***Sorry to thread jack silver but I thought it relevant***

:yes:

bobblehead

Veteran
Good point bobble

She's the one who had a sort of turbulent ride into the flower room, .. First, after I potted her up to the 3 gal, I forgot to water her in, .. And she freaked.

Then, in that same stretch of time, I hit her with a foliar and left the lights (HPS) on. What a mo-ran.

I'd always read but never experienced the "rotten meat" stink quality - but I do now!

Does that tend to wane come harvey time? Or should I expect to be smoking buds that smell like an old Arby's sammich?

The rotten meat smell will get stronger through harvest.

Whats the difference between chem dawg and chem 4? I thought they were the same thing but I'm definitely not in the know. I have some chem dawgs vegging right now and they have been awesome. I had 100% success with rooting them which is really saying alot (I suck at cloning). Mine have been going hard too, no problems at all to speak of, lush dark green growth and they are just shooting up. Am I in for a different story when they start to flower? ***Sorry to thread jack silver but I thought it relevant***

:yes:

The popular chem cuts are the D, sister, and #4. I've only grown the D. I've smoked both the sister and #4. #4 is lemony, and I don't really care for lemony weed. The D is more potent and #4 or the sister, but the sister imo has a better taste. As for the differences in growth, I can only speak for the D, because I haven't grown the others.

Who dat is, If you don't have any problems in veg, then you probably won't have problems in flower. If your cloning technique is good, then that could explain why you don't have problems. Or, maybe you don't have "the" cut. IDK, there's lots of possibilities. I'm just a shitty gardener and I only do what I can to keep my plants alive. Maybe one day I'll get better at this...

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Day 55 - Golden Goat

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Day 55 - Nightmare Diesel

picture.php

picture.php