What's new

Silver's Fall '11 Mixed Bag of Mixedness

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
walked out of a tribe show? well, i have too, only cause the fluff had me insane in the membrane. around my neck of the woods, the kids that show up arent the same as they used to be. its all urban neo-hippies, they are assholes. i miss the tribe shows from 04-05. anyway, had me thinkin.... silver, this thread is comin along nicely! ill be back through to check on the cuts you have goin, im jealous of all of them lol..

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
walked out of a tribe show? well, i have too, only cause the fluff had me insane in the membrane. around my neck of the woods, the kids that show up arent the same as they used to be. its all urban neo-hippies, they are assholes. i miss the tribe shows from 04-05. anyway, had me thinkin.... silver, this thread is comin along nicely! ill be back through to check on the cuts you have goin, im jealous of all of them lol..

i saw sector nine around 04-05 too and enjoyed them much more than when i saw them in 09, 10, etc.
:dancer:
a friend of mine gets the best fluff from the silk road. all from europe and he had some that were 300 mikes. it was INSANE!!!!

i love nothing more than entheogens. makes me wanna dance. :dancer:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Day 31

Day 31

Headband

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

USD (Sorry for the yellow - I'm not PhotoSmartenough to know how to fix it :dunno: )

picture.php

picture.php

This is just a piece of the USD plant:
picture.php

:chin:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Lights off class photo

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hey ~sprout - check out the front-and-center in that last photo. It's a Louisville-styl-ee Hindu Kush. :dance013:

Having some deficiency/lockout challenges with the Chem4D and the Hindu Kush (only the big'n - the SOG gal looks fine). Looks like a Manganese deficiency, actually. Depending on the lazy factor, I'll post some pics for y'all fine academic folk to lend some insight soon.

EDIT: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Just had this thought. Again. (Had the thought last night. Lots of cookies. Forgot. Then remembered, just now. More cookies involved).

The 3 big gals (USD, Chem4D, and Hindu Kush) were gifted to me in coco. They'd just been transplanted into bigger pots. So, I took 'em out, wiggled MOST of the coco off, and put 'em in my dirt mix. (Note: This is the first time I'm using Dr. Earth as a sort of "base" dirt, so I've got no reference for it in the past as a "perfect" or "balanced" dirt)

Anyway. A few weeks ago I tested my runoff, for shits and giggles. It was about 7.2, I reckon. Seemed high.

So I started giving 'em pH'd water (6.1) last night. Let's see.

So the question: Does coco tend to have a high pH? I'm wondering if, despite the fact that the plant is MOSTLY in dirt, it's still got a coco "core," could that be mucking with my pH and therefore my uptake?

:chin:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
MileHighGuy

Great to see you 'round these parts as well. You're one of the guys I'm extra delighted to see in here. :tiphat:

Stay tuned - I have a feeling it's just about to get good.

A few days ago, I was having that feeling of "Man, I think I must've goofed on the mix this time around, or the feeding, or something, .. It's just not lookin' like it should.." :dunno: :shucks:

And today, when I opened the tent, it just sort of hit me.. Everything is going to be allll right.

:dance013

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Deficiencies? Lockout?

I think these are separate issues, .. I think I oughtta just start a thread in the infirmary.

Chem4D:

picture.php

Hindu Kush:

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
there's a lot of deficiencies going on there... but yeah, i would say cal/mag. I wouldn't worry about the coco core making the pH wonky... Different plants take up nutrients at different rates. The ions left behind are what effect pH. They could just need a shot of cal/mag... but it's kinda late in flower for that imo. It would effect the final product unfavorably...

Anyway, don't worry too much... just keep treating them right and I'm sure things will get better. They look great so far.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey bobble

Thanks for weighing in! :thank you: My initial thought was cal/mag as well, .. Was watering with epsom salts for a while - didn't seem to do any good. Also gave a good handful'a foliars with a mild epsom mix. No luck there either.

All good - the plants seem to be doing fine in spite of the deficiency. I'm sure they could be doing better, of course, but they don't appear to be losing considerable production..

:dance013:

EDIT:

Also, bobble, I just noticed - +1 for use of the word 'wonky' :tiphat:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
budman

Last time 'round, I grew some single-cola plants, ended up looking like baseball bats. Or, more precisely, Louisville Sluggers. :D

To wit:

AK47:

picture.php

..and to a lesser degree, Purple Mr. Nice:

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
I'm kinda surprised the HK didn't stretch more. It was a big stretcher in my garden. Nice job keeping those girls under control. I would chop off all the fan leaves starting now... It's a controversial subject... but it's what I practice, and I'm happy with the results.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
bobble

Thanks for stoppin' in! The USD definitely did some super-stretching. The HK and C4D, notsomuch. All good, though. Of those three, the HK seems to be the lightest yielder. We'll see :dance013:

:thank you:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Thanks pal!

This run'll have to tide me over for a few months.. Ms. Hawaiian isn't down with a potential stinkfest when she's got broads over for wedding planning crap. ..Not to mention the holidays, company, blahblahblah.

:dunno:

hey silver i dig the diary! check out mine under... poor mans setup Deadwood. I Just started flowering a couple days ago and any input would be gratefully excepted!