What's new

Silver's Fall '11 Mixed Bag of Mixedness

silver hawaiian

Veteran
OOH! We don't get much Three Floyd's here, .. When I go home a smidgen south it's available..

I've not had the Zombie Dust.. The Alpha King and the Dreadnaught are fantastic..

Now it's on my radar - thanks dude :D I'm on the hunt...

EDIT: Oh! And Budman - that same beer (Sierra Nevada, all of its ilk) used to cost $6.99 around here, .. Add to that, I used to drink less of it. :dance: So perhaps it's a matter of perspective.. :chin:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Just started botteling zombie dust. Love founders as well.

Digging the grow too. I just started a thread. Doing it in and dr90. Def worth checking out. Have a great night.

Superstone

Those headbands look killer!:good:
:chin:Is the hydro bud the one on top?
Life's too short ...don't settle for shitty beer!!lol:dance013:
Have a great weekend!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i'd have to say the redder one is the hydro cause that front bud looks like it's got a few month's cure on the other one.

am i right :D?

J

jonnybgood29

i completely disagree, the bottom one shows distinctive hydro patterns, but i might be wrong.

budman678

Veteran
i am not too familiar with hydo growth patterns but, i like the top one

J

jonnybgood29

"patterns" or characteristics being the lower one is lighter green from a more thorough flush, higher bud to pistil ratio, slightly higher resin content on the leaves and calyxes. i loike them both, and the top one will probably have a stronger aroma and better flavor. didnt mean anything negative, was just going by observation.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey y'all

Good weekends all around I hope.

:tiphat: to jbg29, but still a :respect: to all who played! Most of ya, I can't give rep to again just yet.. The others, got it.

The hydro is the one on the bottom - and the taste and smoking experience are lousy, compared to the organic gal..

J

jonnybgood29

so what did i win???? j/k i also like the flavor from soil, but everyone wants hyro around here! dont understand it, except the dro is usually stronger.

budman678

Veteran
i only smoke organic homegrown nugs. I have gotten to the point where i wont smoke other peoples bud. unless it organically grown and properly cured, i want nothing to do with it.

i am def a weed snob

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey y'all

So, it's official. Looks like we'll be framing out a space for the next run, post-wedding and honeymoon.

In the meantime, 'til the next run, I think I'll use this as a place to pick y'alls brains for idears and tweaks to the next setup..

The space will be roughly 3' x 5' x ~6', framed out with 2x4's.. The "front" of the cab (where I'd enter/work from) is along one of the 5' sides..

Two bare-bulb 400's hanging in the center of the tent, similar to Marlo's :tiphat: WoW setup.

A few considerations:

The door. I'm planing on framing it out & putting drywall on the short 3' sides.. I'd like to have the opening as wide as possible, so I can work as freely as possible. In that sense, I'm wondering if it's best to just frame & drywall the sides of the tent (3' sides), and make a big door out of panda film & velcro (all the way down the sides/bottom), .. That way, the entire 5' side is open-able.. Anyone see any drawbacks to this, or have some experience upon which to draw?

Ventilation. From what I've learned in the vert forums, it looks like a fan, on low, blowing straight up at the bare bulb is the best way to alleviate the heat. Should I *not* use an oscillating fan of sorts, to create a general throughout-the-room breeze? Or will that just hinder the work of the fans blowing on the bulbs? Heat extraction is prime, but I also have battled PM, so circulation is key also..

And some non-room considerations..

I've got a few batches of beans I'm itchin' to run.. I've been blessed with five per, times three varieties. Fifteen.

The Man says I'm 'llowed to have 12 plants, and having run afoul of Him in the past (and having to keep His company for a couple years), I'm happy to play along.

So on that. I've always grown from clone, so I've always had the pleasure of plugging-and-playing. With the seeds, .. I'm in a hurry (will be) to get these fuckers grown & flowering..

Any suggestions here? I could surely start 12 of 'em, grow 'em, throw 'em in, take my chances, and cull any males once they get their groove on.. ?

Thanks y'all! Already lickin' my chops..:artist::artist:

J

jonnybgood29

two things that jump out at me..... first, to keep away the pm, maximize ventilation.... more air movement the better as long as your not blowing over plants!lol second your better off walling all side in drywall(greenboard to stop mold) so you can control air movement and temps!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Good points JBG. :tiphat: I'm with you on the circulation vs. PM, .. But, on my last grow, I had a small holmes fan pointing straight up on the bottom of the tent (in the middle of the pots), and two 6" fans clipped on opposite corners of the tent, for general air-movement factor..

And I still battled PM on that last run..?! Sonofabitch.

So, reading the vert forums, those guys say that the fan pointed straight up (at the bulb), on LOW (specifically, NOT high), is the way to go..? Hopefully bobble or one of those vert guys can weigh in here for us too. :)

As for the drywall, .. I agree (actually planning on putting up some cement board.. Though I don't think mold/mildew would be an issue with the panda film, I do agree that it's probably better with drywall as far as keeping temps steady.. :ying:

J

jonnybgood29

i currently have a 20 box fan mounted on my ceiling blowing on my plants until i can get a couple of hurricanes mojor movement my friend, and too much panda can cause issues with chemical outgassing.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hmm. Once again, u da man jbg29! I'd considered stringing up a big ol' box fan above the ladies myself.. Since I'll be running bare bulbs (vs. cooltubes), I'm curious to see/know he difference between "up and out" (a fan directly beneath the bulb on low) vs. "up and out and all around vortex of swirling air-ness" ..

:ying:

I love ICMag and all its folk!

(This means YOU.)

:cathug:

Latest posts

Latest posts