What's new

Silverback discussion about Mould.

nomaad

Veteran
really? I get my 18 done with about 4-5 gallons. I use a 2 gallon round up sprayer with the misting wand from a 1 gallon round up sprayer (or flo-master as they are the same thing. Every time I go to walmart or home depot, I cannibalize and five-finger the blue internal atomizer tip from another sprayer so that when I am spraying and the little blue tip gets clogged, i just swap it out and move on. I make sure the box is left wide open so no unsuspecting fool buys an incomplete sprayer.

The bigger sprayer comes with a heavy duty wand, but the flow is too heavy. I find it wasteful. I feel like the combo I have come up with coats plants with enough without being wasteful. It kinda defeats the purpose of spraying against mold while at the same time getting a bunch of extra moisture on the plants that is going to seep into your buds and cause botrytis... which you will then have to combat with an overly heavy application of the potassium bicarbonate.... which gets more moisture in your buds... i try to avoid feedback loops whenever possible.

nomaad

Veteran
oh yes. i am a bit of a klepto. i would never steal from a small business owned by actual human beings (rather than huge corps that think they have the same rights). just the big box stores. my mother would be so ashamed. i used to steal cap-guns from the supermarket... when I was five I stole a pack of Big Red on the checkout line. I showed my friend rickie from kindergarden and he ratted me out. My mom made me take it back to the supermarket and return it and apologize. I will never forget it. Apparently, the lesson learned was- "don't get caught" rather than "thou shalt not steal."

P

PermaBuzz

is it that hard to clean the blue atomizer tip?

alot of those boxes that are wide open get
taped back up by unsuspecting workers.

simedru24

Just bought an 8oz container of Green Cure. Im about to apply it at 1/2 stength and drench these ladies. My PM is pretty light, I've been holding the mould off with a 1:9 ratio mix of Milk:Water. It doesnt seem to work as well as other people experiences but hopefully GreenCure will do the trick!

ALSO, after reading the 10 pages on this thread, people dont seem to know that Kaligreen MUST be mixed with a sticker-spreader. A non-acidifying spreader/sticker is recommended. (Sunspray Ultra-Fine, Saf-T-Side, neem oil, etc.)

GreenCure
is pre-mixed with a sticker-spreader so NOTHING needs to be added. I believe this is why Kaligreen might be a little cheaper that GC, but it'll come out virtually the same price in the end.

Though this was an important point that was barely touched upon.. :joint:

Happy Halloween!!:pumpkin::witch::witch2:

nomaad

Veteran
Kaligreen also does not dissolve very easily... I got some alkaline burn when I got to the bottom of the reservoir... I would strain it into the sparyer rez next time I use it. I am thinking that I would like to get some Greencure for next season... never heard of anyone having trouble dissolving it.

E

EdibleForestGdn

I have had no problems with mould ever since spraying my plants with garlic juice (mash/blend em up and let sit in warm water) and planted garlic chives on the ground (doesnt allow mould spores to splash up on to the plant when it rains. also is shallow rooted so it will not compete)

ofcourse this is small scale....

EDIT: simedru24 - I have never thought of spraying milk! good idea! I dont know why I have never connected the dots before..
have you ever tried using cultured milk? like real buttermilk or maslanka?
the bacterial that makes these 2 things naturally live in our guts! and this is the way milk was naturally preserved against mold and harmful bacteria before there were fridges...im gonna try this out and see how it works

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i followed the advice of a fellow poster and spread some lime around the bases of the the plants. in addition in mid sept started a pre-emitive program of spraying greencure at 1/2 tspn per gallon. followed up again on sept 22nd with a 2nd spraying.

had to leave the plants for a week, in that time we had two slight rain days.. came back to see my snowdogs more or less gone .. killed by the dreaded mold- lost 90% of the plants, and had to cut em 2 weeks earlier then i wanted. we left up the remaining plants (kill bill, sdibl, strawberry diesel,ssh) which were 95/98% untouched... b u t ... in the next 2 weeks despite spraying greencure before and after rains, all the plants got hit. no way as bad as the snowdog, but did lose 30/40% of everything... except the sdibl which lost about 15/20%... and this was the plant with the most dense buds...

i think my days of playing outdoors is over...

simedru24

Ok so Ive purchased the GreenCure and put 2/3 strength into a quart of water. There's a measuring spoon that comes with 2 sizes for gallon measurements or Quart (32oz or 4 cups). Anyways, 2/3 seemed to be a bit strong as it turned the tips of my pistols red. some were fully burned...

I tried a 1/2 potent mix and there were bareley any damages on the plant. STICK TO 1/2 potency maximum!

The conclusion? I have NO PM whatsoever. It took two applications and careful trimming of where leaves would overlap and hinder air movement. GreenCure is going to be in my list of weapons forever.

Thanks for the users who recommend great products to us amateurs!

EdibleForestGdn - The ratio I used for milk:water was 1:9. I've heard of people using up to 1:2 but that seems a little to much. I know there is a threshold where milk would have the opposite effect and actually culture the mold. I was using organic Horizon milk (that's what I had at the moment). I dont think I'd stick with the milk method bc eve at 1:9 the liquid left residue on the leaves and doesnt look very pretty... Good luck with the fight!

simedru24

Update on the GreenCure.

I just noticed that the battle has begun again...:fight:
There is PM in between where the buds touch the plant. I believe that two things contribute mostly to this. 1) the ebb and flow res system I'm using. 2) The fact that it's in my room... in a tent. (bacteria may have been getting into the tent (I smoke in my room).

Correct me if I'm wrong but these are the only reasons that I can think of.

Anyways, I applied Green Cure once again making sure that I get every bud, corner, and leaf covered. So far it's ok, but I'm pretty sure that I'll have to spot treat it later on. This PM thing is no joke! :cuss:

BTW does anyone know if GreenCure can be sprayed on to harvested bud? It says that for certain plants, it could be... This sounds scary and believable.

Time for a smoke. :smoke:

ghost of sage

I wish!!

I wish!!

Silverback was here to diagnose this shit that I got this year!!This shit ruined my plants.It would start as those spots and just move all the way into the bud and kill it and not let it form!!!

Attachments

• fungus 008.jpg
    fungus 008.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 15
  • fungus 010.jpg
    fungus 010.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15

ghost of sage

I dont know if it would do anything for harvested bud or to kill mold on bud thats alrady harvested.It definately is not toxic or wont hurt if smoked if thats what you mean.It did however make some of mine that I sprayed 6 days before I harvested have a harsher taste and smoke.It being people friendly is the main reason I use it and not some of the other fungicides plus it works pretty good on alot of different things.It killed whatever the hell that was in teh pics I posted I jsut waited to late to use it.

Help!

Help!

Hey guys, I just picked up some clones from a collective and have encountered PM for the first time. I am reading that GreenCure is the preferred product but I can only find it from online retailers and being this close to Christmas, it would take a week to get to me. I have 2 questions:
1. What should I do immediately until I can get the GreenCure? Example: Baking soda application (and what would the ratios be?)
2. Is there anyplace in So Cal where I can pick it up rather than wait for shipping?

Thanks in advance.:smokeit:

TLoft13

Hey guys, I just picked up some clones from a collective and have encountered PM for the first time. I am reading that GreenCure is the preferred product but I can only find it from online retailers and being this close to Christmas, it would take a week to get to me. I have 2 questions:
1. What should I do immediately until I can get the GreenCure? Example: Baking soda application (and what would the ratios be?)
2. Is there anyplace in So Cal where I can pick it up rather than wait for shipping?

Outdoors you could cut out(scissor) or burn out(with one of these mini-blowtorchs, lighter with jetflame) the sick parts. I'm not sure if this is applicable indoors?!?

TLoft13

Outdoors you could cut out(scissor) or burn out(with one of these mini-blowtorchs, lighter with jetflame) the sick parts. I'm not sure if this is applicable indoors?!?

And good decision with the Greencure, it works wonders!

Sorry for doubleposting.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
I just finished my second season using GC and ive discovered a couple of things.

It does kill botryitis, no question. Its best used up front before heavy flower development and then after rains.

It doesnt cure powdery mildew or at least it didn't in my case. It might if applied early enough but the problem with powdery mildew is that by the time you see it, the plant is already overwhelmed ,doomed and destined to die.

H

Huey69

Check out a hydro store, I know my local one carries greencure!
I just finished my second season using GC and ive discovered a couple of things.

It does kill botryitis, no question. Its best used up front before heavy flower development and then after rains.

It doesnt cure powdery mildew or at least it didn't in my case. It might if applied early enough but the problem with powdery mildew is that by the time you see it, the plant is already overwhelmed ,doomed and destined to die.
I've found so far that greencure just momentarily gets rid of PM, although I'm trying to find the right mixture of it to get rid of PM entirely.

TLoft13

Could it be that mold and PM need different dosages? If I understood correctly Greencure makes the habitat for the mold uninhabitable, basically by creating a thin acidic film. Maybe powdery mildew prefers another PH level and needs another (higher?) dosage?
Maybe one of you anglosaxons could ask the customersupport of greencure about that?

Edit: Google says: They(PM spores) need the proper conditions to germinate: a surface that contains nutrients on which they can grow, temperatures over 60?F (16-20 C), high humidity and a slightly acidic environment. After germination it survives in a wider range of environmental conditions, but: Powdery mildew cannot grow in an alkaline environment. The mold dies.

So i would say use a higher concentration, it should kill the PM.

Thanks for all the replies. I read in the Medical Bible that PM won't die because its IN the plant and the right conditions bring it out (make it visible). For now I sprayed with 15ml/gal baking soda and water. The book says that makes the pm go away due to the hostile environment on the plant.

I have not found a definitive answer on the following question:

If you have a plant infected with PM, and you take cuttings, do the new plants or clones have PM as well? My common sense says yes since PM is in the plant. Any thoughts?

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Yes. Yes is the absolute answer mydnytetoker. Without exception, your clones will everyone have it and die from it. It is highly, highly, highly contagious.

Any plant you come within 20' of after touching a plant with pm will also have pm. It is voracious, deadly and incurable in my view.

To quote Horehay Cervates, " nothing strikes fear in the heart of a cannabis farmer faster than 2 little words: Powdery mildew" I agee with him. See it and youre crop is done.

Tloft13 "Could it be that mold and PM need different dosages? If I understood correctly Greencure makes the habitat for the mold uninhabitable, basically by creating a thin acidic film. Maybe powdery mildew prefers another PH level and needs another (higher?) dosage?"

Higher doses might work at the beginning of flower but stronger concentrations burned my white hairs and turned them red. New hairs and flowers formed later, but it was troublesome. More experimenting is needed.

TLoft13

Higher doses might work at the beginning of flower but stronger concentrations burned my white hairs and turned them red. New hairs and flowers formed later, but it was troublesome. More experimenting is needed.
What is a stronger concentration for you?
I think Silverback(or was it the greencure site themself?) recommended one of the big spoons per gallon, didn't he?
I only used 3/4 of this dosage, and cured in a day even a plant already half eaten(by boytritis) in flower. Though I admittedly drenched it in the weaker solution.
Your experiences...?

Latest posts

Latest posts