What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_eagle

There looking good! I notice everytime I run the ss as soon as I transplanted into bigger pots they showed their sex a lot faster

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey crazy eagle

thanks for sharing :)

med-man

L

lemongrove

you can get root-bound differently in diff mediums.

i would prefer to have massive rootball then plant, they go crazy in their new home, and wont drown in their new home either :)

med-man

So this technique allows the plant to get a larger root system than it normally would in a one gallon pot over the same time period?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey lemon grove

in coco, plants dont suffer too much

hydro little if any,

soilesss is more stress and soil a bit more

so everything so subject to plants genetics and medium. silver skunk will start to preflower if left to long in anything but coco. even rockwoll cubes after she reaches a certain hieght

hypothetically, if you give plants an extra week in a smaller container, they will make bigger gains over-all once transplanted. the same goes for starving them of nutrients.

med-man

L

lemongrove

Thanks Med-Man you're being very helpful. This is all new info. for me so forgive me if I'm asking questions that have obvious answers.
So if I'm using a soilless mix, how do I determine how long to leave the plant in the smaller pot? I'm going to be germinating 5 of your Karen's Kush today so my questions pertain particularly to that strain. I also have some of your RKS #2 testers that I'll also be germinating so my question applies to that strain as well.
It sounds like if you leave them in the small container too long you will get pre-flowering too early so I want to avoid that mistake. Any advice will be appreciated.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey lemon grove

no worries. i also dont beleive anything is onvious until tried.

typically, if i grow in pots it look like this

- 2 weeks in rooting plugs
- 2 weeks in beer cups
- 2 weeks in one gallon pots
- 2 weeks veg in finishing pots before flipping

this worked really well for me when i hired a hand that couldnt do hydro. i also use my cannabolic stacker with h202 which is like roots excell, pirhanna, tarantula, voodoo juice, scorpion juice and b vitamin all in one. so roots really expand fast in each consecutive transplant with 0 shock.

remember, there is a time and place for eveything when growing. when i am breeding, i like to shock my stock with high nutes, root bound stress, heat etc. this helps me select "the best" plants to make seeds with and or presex plants faster. so eveything is about you and your needs at that stage in your game

med-man

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey med
This is a first to see rendition of containers to veg times. That is a bit of easy to understand info for all to use.

Great share

L

lemongrove

Thanks Med-man. That's much more clear, a big help and great info.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys

i guess i did have this up before, but it got banned/axed before i had a vendor spot on ic.

sometimes i dont do the best describing stuff so sorry lol

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
typically i run my tables, which requires 1 inch cubes, 3 inch cubes and tables. so i dont really consider it transplanting though technically it is. hydro is just a diff beast with differing pros and cons :)

glad it helped

med-man

MiMedGuy

Veteran
SS week 6
These girls are growing in dog years! 5-6 inches in 4 days.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
he mmg

wicked dude, nice even canopy

when you planning on flippng?

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey crazy eagle

time to flip that piggy!

med-man

MiMedGuy

Veteran
Gorgeous!

Thanks WillDrink!

This strain is awesome so far! Other than the MESS UP in the beginning these have shown nothing but explosive growth. Its prob a good thing though because I'm not ready to put them into flower yet and I'm afraid they'd be too big by now.

Blessings,
MiMedGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.