What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver Bullet

Levitationofme

I have not been around here much in the last 7 years, but now i have much more time for my fun. Retired.

The Silver Bullet, a product that will somehow increase our yields and potency. Make our plants impervious to insects and mold and generally become Super Plants. Microbes to do specific tasks... WOW it's nuts.

I don't use such products anymore.

I use recycled soil for my grows. Although I use fresh for new seeds.
I keep it simple and have no actual "Formula" for soil.
For me the size of container is very important. I'm not good at cramming mad numbers of plants in my tent.
I have evolved into using large Tubs this year. These give me more leeway. I need flexibility and to be able to take off for a couple weeks when needed. If my water pump goes down, They will survive.
My indoor lights:
1697281609583.png

The extra soil and the moisture it holds works great for me. This Tub is on wheels otherwise it's not moving.
I had Romulan BX on the right, Mulanje on the left and in the middle a Mulanje x Panama Red.

I have a 2 inch layer of Turface clay pellets on the bottom of the tub, also some holes to let out excess water.
Setting up for success in the beginning so I don't need to add microbe products, or boutique amendments.
Chopping up all the old roots when prepping used soil as fine as you can is basically the same thing as adding Myco products. The old roots presumably are covered in microbes and if I remember my research many of the products out there are based on ground up roots.
My main amendment is Chicken Shit Pellets with added Calcium from https://www.7springsfarm.com/
Liquid Kelp and Molasses to get things going.
I have not had hard to deal with deficiencies in the grows in the tubs.
Plenty of room, good clean water and some decent lights and Im GTG.

I started out trying to be the mad scientist with all the products out there. It did not work for me.

My Outdoor much the same
1697282839912.png

Let nature take it's course. I had many spiders and predator insects prowling the outdoor plants.
I even brought some into the indoor space.

1697283934666.png

Plant on the right Flower Power x Pre 98 Bubba.

Last few runs I have focused on growing seeds from friends. Although I did break down and buy a few clones to try out.

As soon as I get the ICM handles figured out I will of course give the Seed Makers full credit.

led05

Chasing The Present
A little credit where it is due...

The Flower Power X Pre 98 Bubba
@led05

The Mulanje
@vermontman

The Other outdoor plant is a Mother Plant of Skunk 1 I scored at a
shop. I can't really be sure what it may really be, but it surly made a ton of clones before it was sold.
It’s Flower Bomb Kush from the year it won the cannabis cup - I believe Barney’s Farm - x pre 98 bubba from wesos / Huesos

Nice pics buddy

vermontman

I have not been around here much in the last 7 years, but now i have much more time for my fun. Retired.

The Silver Bullet, a product that will somehow increase our yields and potency. Make our plants impervious to insects and mold and generally become Super Plants. Microbes to do specific tasks... WOW it's nuts.

I don't use such products anymore.

I use recycled soil for my grows. Although I use fresh for new seeds.
I keep it simple and have no actual "Formula" for soil.
For me the size of container is very important. I'm not good at cramming mad numbers of plants in my tent.
I have evolved into using large Tubs this year. These give me more leeway. I need flexibility and to be able to take off for a couple weeks when needed. If my water pump goes down, They will survive.
My indoor lights:
View attachment 18903946

The extra soil and the moisture it holds works great for me. This Tub is on wheels otherwise it's not moving.
I had Romulan BX on the right, Mulanje on the left and in the middle a Mulanje x Panama Red.

I have a 2 inch layer of Turface clay pellets on the bottom of the tub, also some holes to let out excess water.
Setting up for success in the beginning so I don't need to add microbe products, or boutique amendments.
Chopping up all the old roots when prepping used soil as fine as you can is basically the same thing as adding Myco products. The old roots presumably are covered in microbes and if I remember my research many of the products out there are based on ground up roots.
My main amendment is Chicken Shit Pellets with added Calcium from https://www.7springsfarm.com/
Liquid Kelp and Molasses to get things going.
I have not had hard to deal with deficiencies in the grows in the tubs.
Plenty of room, good clean water and some decent lights and Im GTG.

I started out trying to be the mad scientist with all the products out there. It did not work for me.

My Outdoor much the same
View attachment 18903955

Let nature take it's course. I had many spiders and predator insects prowling the outdoor plants.
I even brought some into the indoor space.

View attachment 18903962

Plant on the right Flower Power x Pre 98 Bubba.

Last few runs I have focused on growing seeds from friends. Although I did break down and buy a few clones to try out.

As soon as I get the ICM handles figured out I will of course give the Seed Makers full credit.
Hello @Levitationofme!
Great looking garden!
Did you say the Mulanje came from me?

Levitationofme

Hello @Levitationofme!
Great looking garden!
Did you say the Mulanje came from me?
Indeed it did.

So on to what’s happening now in my grow

I have @led05 genetics testing in the Florida Sun

IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0951.jpeg

Sweet & Sour Diesel

I’m looking to cull down to 1 female per pot.
So many seedlings because I am told to expect many males.

Florida Sun and weather sounds awesome, but not all plants can deal with it. Summer growing outside is very possible of course. Tropical strains love it. Melting many hybrids or weakening them so much they succumb to all manner of problems.

This is a kinder late season grow. Right into flower as soon as I got them hardened up.
Great experiment. They already withstood some nasty weather.

@led05 has not let me down yet. That crazy SMG loved it here. It grew Enormous. I ended up kind of battling with it to keep it from being discovered.

IMG_0941.jpeg

Here is a feminized GMG seedling. A couple weeks younger than the S&S.
@vermontman has these finishing early
So I’m sure I’ll get some nice bud from it.

Levitationofme

IMG_0969.jpeg
IMG_0968.jpeg
IMG_0967.jpeg
IMG_0965.jpeg
IMG_0963.jpeg
IMG_0960.jpeg
IMG_0962.jpeg

A few photos of my daily wandering

Anyone who keeps aquariums might like some of my tropical almond tree leaves.
Dried and floated in a tank it buffers PH and breaks down into food for babies.

I have quite a few tropical fruit trees
A couple of mangoes, star fruit, black sapote.
Many others too.

led05

Chasing The Present
View attachment 18908011

View attachment 18908012

First few males of the S&S Diesel have been culled

Nice that the males show up so quickly!
holy shit that is fast, they didn't do that here - it was odd, my first pop to grow them I had a ton of males, then I did a second pop and almost all females, what can you do, I've got 5 females (correction actually it's 6) inside now and they are all leaning heavy towards Sour D, they are stinkers and gonna be frost bombs - the one plant in the GH got huge, stanky as can be now and HUGE flowers, dense as can be too I was amazed at the weight of the arms while hanging them up, the dew got them bad though by the end....

Very curious how they will do down there in the humidity and rains, time shall tell :)

Here’s some of them

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0205.jpeg

Levitationofme

One of the nice things about living down south is when @vermontman does his Snow Bird thing
I get to visit and this time the Vermont Man himself cooked up a great dinner of his harvested goods.

IMG_0995.jpeg
Cool stuff everywhere. Orchids everywhere, The Avocado tree has so many grafted varieties all growing like crazy.

I got samples of a few different strains and some seeds to play with.

I will go through them and do some smoke reports as I can. Post all the fun.

I kinda licked the spoon this morning while making canna butter at 4am. So smoke tests not going to be appropriate

I have learned how to control mosquitoes near the house buy making a carbon copy of his outdoor fish ponds filled with Guppies.
Those skeekers can’t help themselves from breeding in it. They get devoured.

vermontman

One of the nice things about living down south is when @vermontman does his Snow Bird thing
I get to visit and this time the Vermont Man himself cooked up a great dinner of his harvested goods.

View attachment 18910627 Cool stuff everywhere. Orchids everywhere, The Avocado tree has so many grafted varieties all growing like crazy.

I got samples of a few different strains and some seeds to play with.

I will go through them and do some smoke reports as I can. Post all the fun.

I kinda licked the spoon this morning while making canna butter at 4am. So smoke tests not going to be appropriate

I have learned how to control mosquitoes near the house buy making a carbon copy of his outdoor fish ponds filled with Guppies.
Those skeekers can’t help themselves from breeding in it. They get devoured.
I did not realize this was you! HAHA
Awesome seeing you again my friend!

led05

Chasing The Present
I did not realize this was you! HAHA
Awesome seeing you again my friend!
A few messages ago I was gonna ask you if you knew who he was ; then figured it would be more fun to just be patient with it and figured the tortoises had already sealed the deal…

Now the question is do you know whom RGD is? And does RGD know whom you two are, just a bunch of old geezers in here & one young ravishing buck named Ledo :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Rgd

Levitationofme

nice..

does not look like the smgs [from led05] I tried to do justice..

mine looked more like lambsbread..twigs on many sticks.. one of the most unruly I ever grew

[led05..never mind who I am..just an old guy who lived in a northern swamp]
I got to grow them in South Florida
And they were very long flowering.
@led05 goaded me into growing them very tall.
lol.

• Love
Reactions: Rgd

Levitationofme

I’m sure there are some that have grown more of @led05 seed as I but I have been rarely disappointed. Count me lucky to try many of the strains he has going as part of the year I live driving distance away from his home

IMG_1009.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts