What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silicone Bongs

newbert

Does anyone here have experience with silicone bongs? Im looking for a simple medium sized piece that's easy to clean and near indestructible and a silicone bong seems to fit the bill. I did some research and Eyce has a beaker that looks good but has a bunch of extra stuff with it in the base and I was wondering if that would affect its ability to collapse easily which could be convenient. Im also seeing a lot with stainless steel bowls. What's the consensus on that? Skip and go with a glass bowl? Anybody head and shoulders above the rest as far as quality or convenience?

Appreciated, happy smoking.

goingrey

Never heard of such a thing in my life but apparently they are real. When did these come out?

You don't want hot steel around when you're high. Glass bowl for sure.

Gry

Veteran
Used to dearly love clean glass, but got the point where they were getting real expensive to replace.
Used to really like the toker II, which were about 80 bucks the last time I bought one.
Tried a silicone bong, and found it was just fine. Each time I have dropped it since, I have smiled and
felt better about the switch. Easy to clean and nice to have.

I keep it as clean as I would glass and have never had any problems with it altering the
flavor or taste for me. Flavor and taste of what I consume has always been as significant as effect to me.
In pondering one posters comment on taste, I am left wondering if he had consumed through
a silicone device which had been cleaned with isopropyl - that could indeed change the taste,
as it dissolves silicone. I have never used isopropyl and have never had an issues with nasty tastes.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
New to me. Pricing from just $15 delivered, was a pleasant surprise.

Glass doesn't have to be weak. Look at your car windscreen.

They remind me too much of sex toys to be sucking on one. Never mind in front of people, and offering it around.

mexweed

Veteran
isopropyl ran the color on mine real quick like so I just tossed it, apparently there is a formula 420 for silicone though

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Iso will join silicone, getting in and causing swelling. It leaves though, returning the silicone to size. I guess while it was in there, it was able to get at the colouring, which was less resistant.

shithawk420

Veteran
I only advocate glass but if your clumsy and don't care about taste I guess silicone is ok.i absolutely cannot advocate a steel bowl though.thats just disgusting

mexweed

Veteran
yeah it ripped alright though, roommate agreed there is a flavor from it but it wasn't bad/didn't ruin it, overall I would say definitely the choice over acrylic, but as someone that has broken through more than a couple glass pieces I still smoke from glass

newbert

so update- got a 10 inch beaker bottom style mini silicone bong. rips well however, the silicone absorbs the smell of the smoke baaaaad. it reeks. so looks like im still looking for a piece. ill probably ultimately go with a similar sized glass bong or bubbler that's easy to clean. let me know if you have any recommendations.

goingrey

so update- got a 10 inch beaker bottom style mini silicone bong. rips well however, the silicone absorbs the smell of the smoke baaaaad. it reeks. so looks like im still looking for a piece. ill probably ultimately go with a similar sized glass bong or bubbler that's easy to clean. let me know if you have any recommendations.

A straight tube without any ice catchers or percolators and an angled joint is the easiest to clean. Shouldn't be very hard to find one around that size. Prices range from under $10 to... sky's the limit.

Cactus Squatter

I have a lot of experience with them. I travel Offroad and camp several weeks out of the year for work and after breaking tons of glass I decided to get some silicon stuff.
Does it work? Yes. Do I like it? Not anywhere near as much as I like glass. I no longer use the silicone bong and just carefully wrap and carry some glass. Only time my silicone comes out is if I’m on my paddle board or kayak. Places where glass will disappear if dropped or knocked over.

Pros:
•Won’t shatter, can toss them safely at friends.
•Comes in fun shapes and colors, I even have a purple/blue tie-dye penis shaped one I got as a gag gift.
•Easy to pack
•Cheap enough you don’t care when you lose it.
•You can throw them at bears.

Cons:
•Tastes and smells funny.
•Harder to clean, resin really sticks to some spots.
•Seems to stink of resin/dirty bong way faster than glass does.
•Multi perc chamber versions leak at the joints and when you call customer service to see wtf after your first time use of it they say “yeah, the silicone will wear after a few assemblies and not hold water 100% perfectly”. Waking up to a tent bottom covered in bong water is awesome. So awesome. Don’t waste money on multi chamber silicone.
•Most are made in China which makes me question composition a little and safety. May not be “food grade” materials.
•So far every one I have used the down stem is too long or too short for proper water levels. It’s either smooshed up in a corner getting blocked by bending, or you have so much water in the bong to actually let it function that the water can also get back up into the bowl.
•Bears will run off with them if you throw it at them.

Yes, a bear really did run off with my bong last year. 😂

Cactus Squatter

Ok, I hope this isn’t against so e decency rule I missed…
I finally found a use for silicone bongs. The “loser” of every round of every game we played at our 420 Olympics this year had to take a big rip of Destroyer (a pheno that just makes you absent minded as all hell and ruins hand eye coordination) from a very specific silicone bong… 😂

C514D18B-F558-4207-AC8E-CF5C95FC5982.jpeg