Signs that a collapse is under way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongRipkenJR.

List cont...

No Saturday mail
Nation wide 4 day school week.
Local Govt goes to 4 day work week.
Roaming black outs (starting in california 1st)
Local police only responding to violent crimes.
Code enforcement officers laid off (The people that give out fines for having lawns too high)
Lawns not being mowed due to high gas prices.
Animal control only showing up when bears or panthers show up in people's yards. They won't pick up strays anymore.
Communities of feral cats and dogs popping up.

Here in Sacramento most of this is already happening. They are laying of the gang and narcotics units now. It is weird though, with how poor people are getting and how bad it is, there is actually more civility I noticed. People are friendlier and more helpful. I am almost thinking a false sense of wealth was what made everyone in this area such assholes.

ajc0k

Gas prices will go back down once this Libya bull shit settles.. Oil companies look for any unrest in the world, any excuse to drop the bomb on us and raise the price at the pump.

Example? Libya.. 2% of the worlds oil, mostly supplying Western Europe. The U.S only obtains 0.5% of our oil from there yet look at the dramatic effect it's had. You guys already know us greedy americans need our disgusting gas guzzling suvs and redneck diesel trucks. Instead of paying premium price like the rest of the world, or investing in alternative practical solutions like a light rail, the U.S likes to get their shit from the source, invent reasons to invade a country, take out their leader, throw in a complying puppet while we leech their natural resources and spend billions and trillions doing so.. Doesn't make any sense does it? At the moment oil companies are breaking records in quarterly profits by over 60%.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I read an article about oil production costs. Based on the article, big oil's average cost to produce is ~$30.00/bbl.

Speculators know that big oil's current price reflects recent profits. Big oil knows that excess speculation artificially inflates the price at the pump. Big oil claims supply and demand issues while speculators declare they're doing nothing illegal. Neither dare point the finger at each other. It's an unspoken handshake that keeps us paying more and more for gas.

1999 wasn't that long ago... gas was ~$1.05/gal.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here ya go.

here ya go.

here is two signs.

the quote was 1935 though. he wasnt born till 1885

igrowone

Veteran
check out oil prices today, down about $9 a barrel, just kissing $100 a barrel
again, the times are interesting

med_breeder

Short of Yellow Stone blowing it's top, a nuke or invasion, what would be a major sign to bunker down?

If opec announced it would sell oil on the world market with a different currency, other than the Dollar, would that be the line?

igrowone

Veteran
Short of Yellow Stone blowing it's top, a nuke or invasion, what would be a major sign to bunker down?

If opec announced it would sell oil on the world market with a different currency, other than the Dollar, would that be the line?

that's what we want, the signals which foretell doom
if opec started demanding gold instead of paper, that would be a major bad event

med_breeder

Another sign,

when your local garbage/recycle service cuts back to once a week.

Empty shopping malls on a weekend. (Just senior speed walkers)

Frozenguy

Veteran
If opec decides to drop the dollar as trading currency, the US is not the only country to get screwed. Probably whats been keeping opec from doing this so far. How long will it last?

med_breeder

Can anyone recommend a doc or movie that portrays a realistic economic crash.

There are tons of movies that show natural disaters, nukes etc, but I have not seen one that lays out a realistic economic crash.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
once we kill off all the old people and corrupt, our generation will reign upon a new empire, a free empire..

cleansing the gene pool !

GoozMan

Can anyone recommend a doc or movie that portrays a realistic economic crash.

There are tons of movies that show natural disaters, nukes etc, but I have not seen one that lays out a realistic economic crash.

HBO is coming out with something about our own recent economic troubles, I forget what it's called, looks good though.

R

rick shaw

Signs that a collapse is underway

Signs that a collapse is underway

When the American dollar carries a expiration date.

C

Cheeb

signs that a collapse is under way?
when the Declaration of Independence was signed. we haven't been right since.

More like when we left sound money in 1933 and started to print money like tree bark was going out of style.

A collapse is inevitable and necessary at this point. Stack physical metals for the long term but more importantly....

Stock your pantry folks and garden your spaces..!

PS - Lentils are bomb. Life will change as we know it when the food on our table can no longer travel 1500 miles to get there.

- -

The public needs to wake up.. every fiat currency in history has failed.. We are no different.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
i remember the 70's real well
it was the best of times, it was the worst of times
mostly, it was about some bad events to a country that hadn't seen bad events for a while

I remember the 70's too, bud. Maybe not "real well", because I was buying oz's of killer shit for about $20US, and cruising around paying about 40 cents a gallon for gas. How's that worse?
Oh, and you could still screw without the risk of AIDS.:jump:

igrowone

Veteran
I remember the 70's too, bud. Maybe not "real well", because I was buying oz's of killer shit for about $20US, and cruising around paying about 40 cents a gallon for gas. How's that worse?
Oh, and you could still screw without the risk of AIDS.:jump:

those parts weren't worse
but you could do serious jail time for small amounts of weed in many places, that was worse
still can today, but less so
we were just getting out of a war that hadn't gone well, and with a LOT of screwed up guys that really got fucked in vietnam
so there were bad things

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When the world's largest bond trader (Bill Gross of PIMCO) says that "America has reached the Keynesian endpoint."

There is no mathematical way our revenue can service our debt load. More accurately when interest rates go up we will be unable to service just the INTEREST ONLY of the debt load much less the principal. The last balance sheet has become exhausted. Monetization with fiat paper is the last whimper.

The amoral and unethical practice of stealing from future generations to enjoy the excesses and war mongering of today will come crashing down on the current generations as we try one last ditch effort to pass on the costs of our economic sins to someone else. In the end we will reap what we have sown.

Status
Not open for further replies.