What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Signs that a collapse is under way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
DB, I don't think there were any groups raising hell as THEY / THEM / The OTHER GUYS destroyed the buffalo.

How about this for a sign of collapse: People born in America no longer wish to be associated with or participate in any way with the corrupt system.

I am no part of US, WE, or OUR when it comes to actions or policies endorsed by THEIR government.

:joint:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
We did have environmentalists. Here's a college course on the subject.

http://pages.uoregon.edu/mjdennis/courses/hist473.htm

Why else would we blame something so systemic on natives? We got shit from the same folks that protested against slavery and ethnic cleansing, among other things. You know? Some folks actually had a conscience back then.

Railroads were a big proponent of bison extermination.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
We didn't exist back then (or at least I am not 150+ years old). To my understanding there was not much environmental politics until Teddy Roosevelt, and the buffalo had already met an unfortunate end.

We also didn't blame anyone (or at least I didn't). The use of plurals such as "Us" "Our" and "We" is a tool of the collectivists to avoid PERSONAL responsibility and attempt to ensnare the population as part of their group: The WEs. The use of proper nouns instead of plural pro nouns, would be a sign of health. The use of plural pronouns is a sign of decay and eventual collapse. Man is born and dies as an individual. US, THEM, THEY, WE never die and are never held accountable, only individuals are imprisoned.

Cojito

Yes we stole this land from aborigines. So what? EVERY past civilization has had slaves...it's HOW you used to develop a great civilization! STOP beating a fucking DEAD horse. It's been 150 fucking years! LET IT GO!!!

well, they did more than "steal." and actually, its been less than 50 years since white folk were forced at gunpoint to stop lynching blacks. segregation was declared illegal in '64 (voting rights in '65). until then we had Jim Crow, wolves beating and arresting black sheep. even today, we still have fat, white, doucebags whining about having to be fair to the blacks. but your postings do highlight a problem conservatives and libertarians like you face. the world's changing. fast. and that makes many of you fearful, angry, and jonesing for the good ol' days, a mythical time in America that really only ever existed in your heads.

Last edited:

Cojito

I just want to be left alone. I have no problem fending for myself. I personally think it's the weak that always want someone else to take care of things.

We're becoming VERY weak!

if your arguments are any indication, you're right, we are getting weak.

you want to be left alone. i get that. but you're not alone. you're standing on the shoulders of many many others. and you benefit from our education, our roads, our infrastructure, our defense etc. you couldn't do it alone. someone would have squashed you already. without all of us, you'd be as weak and fated as a severed finger.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
We didn't exist back then (or at least I am not 150+ years old). To my understanding there was not much environmental politics until Teddy Roosevelt, and the buffalo had already met an unfortunate end.

Believe whatever ya want.

We also didn't blame anyone (or at least I didn't).

The use of plurals such as "Us" "Our" and "We" is a tool of the collectivists to avoid PERSONAL responsibility and attempt to ensnare the population as part of their group: The WEs.
Yep, and until TR came along it was so dastardly:)

The use of proper nouns instead of plural pro nouns, would be a sign of health. The use of plural pronouns is a sign of decay and eventual collapse. Man is born and dies as an individual. US, THEM, THEY, WE never die and are never held accountable, only individuals are imprisoned.

Yeah, we never went after organized crime... oh yeah we did. Everybody except for Hydrosun, anyway. And if part of us still practiced euthenics and slavery, we'd see far more formal charges... excepting Hydrosun.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58275.html

ASPEN, Colo. — President Bill Clinton says the nation’s corporate tax rate is “uncompetitive” and called for a lower rate as part of a “mega-deal” to raise the debt ceiling.

“When I was president, we raised the corporate income-tax rates on corporations that made over $10 million [a year],” the former president told the Aspen Ideas Festival on Saturday evening.“It made sense when I did it. It doesn’t make sense anymore — we’ve got an uncompetitive rate. We tax at 35 percent of income, although we only take about 23 percent. So we should cut the rate to 25 percent, or whatever’s competitive, and eliminate a lot of the deductions so that we still get a fair amount, and there’s not so much variance in what the corporations pay. But how can they do that by Aug. 2?”

GO BILL!!!!
one step further is eliminate the punitive,progressive income tax altogether!

it's tho only way we will ever see any real recovery.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WHERE IS THE POT ???

14. Politics/Religion: Threads or posts pertaining to political and religious discussions, by their very sensitive nature, can incite or flame others due to the wide and varying personal beliefs that naturally exist in a global community and will be deleted. ICMag is an international site attracting members from a multitude of religious and political backgrounds. We do this in favor of harmony and unity, rather than the divisions created by permitting open discussions of politics and religion requiring an opinion from such a global community. Political discussions pertaining specifically to cannabis laws/legalization are only accepted in the appropriate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts