What's new

Shroom Hunting in the City?

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
+10 years ago i personally filled a couple of publix paper bags with wild p.cubensis growing in cow pastures in jupiter, fl.

G

You can buy the spores and the stuff needed to grow them right outta the back of high times magazine.I always thought those ads were a joke, untill my bro and his friend actually ordered it.Everything came hitch free through the mail, those two were a couple of mushroom heads for a couple a monthes, Bummer though I never got to try them, but the few times I hung out with those two after they ate them I'm sure they were good.They couldn't stop laughing and acting silly for hours.

H

Hal

If you want to go to the time and effort of finding your very own magical mushrooms in the wild, then a good field guide is well advised, and could be life saving as well.

This the one that stands head and shoulders above the rest:

Psilocybe Mushrooms Of The World, by Paul Stamets

WolfSpider

ok first off ill just say this. i dont expect to find any right now.. what i am looking for are some spots to keep an eye on, say in a couple months. this park she is talking about gets furtlizer spred on it sometime mext month and the temps will be right. i have seen them there before and know a person who has gotten some from there. anyways i need to walk more and cant stand just walking up the street. maybe ill teach her a thing or two about what she can eat and cant out there. who knows.

stealthballer

when I bought this property I live on now I was walking around the fields and was surpirised at all the cattle patties, I started kicking them over and ever more surprised at all the shrooms. It was like 2 oz wet of em nice looking well purpled stems. Anyways I laid them out on a stump in the sun to dry and forgot about em. Come back the next day and they were all gone. I kept looking for a fucked up squirrel or deer...

stealthballer

barbed wire and a 120 pound dog dictate no one comes on my land.
It had to have been an animal, and my dog wasn't twisted at all. Though he does eat wierd shit, That many mushies woulda knocked him silly assuming they work on dogs.

WolfSpider

thay do. grew up near alot of forms. mostly dairy. collected a shitload of shrooms. those guys had dogs too. just have to know what to do.

G

In florida you will stand a good chance of finding shroomz, as long as it has rained very recently and it has been above 60 for a lil while. the kind of shroomz you'll be finding will be psyclobe cubensis, and liberty caps, possibly some of the brown/redish ones I forget the name though. The cubensis shrooms are big and will most likely have a blue(trip juice) ring around the cap when fully grown with a gold middle, the ring doesn't always appear but I am willing to say 60% of the time, the liberty caps are small and tall, they grow in clusters but there good.

The cubes will totally knock you stupid, people say to only eat 1-2 dried grams, well I like to over do it so I ate 9 dried grams(only purple caps) before and needless to say after I smoked a joint it was on, I couldn't walk, my talking was severely slured and I was full on tripping, I had pop up vision, and the highlight was when I was smoking another joint and I took a hit and the lines on the wall did some funky shit, it was like I couldn't focus so they seperated and then crossed and did this like 5 times until they finally lined up, crazy shit, wahooo good times

if it bruises blue, its poisonus...
buzz! thats wrong dude, everyone who's taken shrooms know that blue bruising is psilocyben, you can also get mushies that don't bruise blue but squeeze red juice, I've ate these and tripped but it was different trip, not so much visually but mentally, I cant find anything about them though but an old hippy guy who is a shroom hunter has encountered these before and like the trip it wasn't bad but not so much visual, they look like a liberty bell with red puss when broken open or squeezed but eat at your own risk. Show us some pics of your bounty. peace

sorry for rambling but this brought back memories

G

why not grow your own? i think you can spend about $200 or less and get everything you need to cultivate mushrooms.
And its legal, except in california, drying them is illegal.

G

bongasaurus said:
yea, thats not the best advice there. for mushroom hunters who are looking for edible mushrooms, if it bruises blue, its poisonus...

What are you talking about? A lot of people here are misinformed. You are the same people that believe the gold specks on the shroom increases potency. :biglaugh:

Courtesy of the best mushroom cultivation site around:

Now, the most distinctive feature of the Cubensis is that its stem bruises blue. The only mushrooms that stain Blue are the Magic Mushrooms (with few exceptions)! Many things can make the stem bruise this brilliant blue. Picking one up and lightly squeezing the stem with your fingers is the easiest way because it will display a very noticeable bluing within 15 to 30 seconds. A blade of grass rubbing against it or maybe a bug or the wind can also trigger the reaction. So some of these mushrooms will already have blue stems when you discover them.

***Extra note about Bluing***

Cubensis staining blue is thought to be a chemical reaction between oxygen and enzymes. . The oxidation gives the mushroom picker a surefire way of determining if a magic mushroom has been found. On occasion you will find cubes that are more resistant to damage and show not the slightest sign of blue when you take them out of the ground. Just give that fat stem a nice firm squeeze and then it should quickly display the color within seconds (in front of your very eyes!). If for any reason at all, you are not sure if it is staining blue, then throw the mushroom away. Whatever the reason might be, you can not miss it and if it does not stain blue, then you have probably not found a magic mushroom. It either stains blue or it does not stain blue. Period.

-mycotopia.net

G

all the shrooms except the red puss bearing ones I've had bruised blue within 1 or 2 seconds, I don't think liberty caps and a few other types of magic shrooms bruise at all.

yes the guy who wrote that is misinformed, although my understanding is that psilocyben is a pioson but not a lethal one, I could be wrong. But I don't think thats what he meant.

People be careful when you pick shrooms, I've ate poisonous shrroms before and its not fun, you get the shitz for two days, hot flashes, vomiting, and I even fainted twice, probably very close to death.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
you could buy spores, substrate, and all the necessary supplies to grow shrooms for less than 75 bucks, and then you have a never ending supply of soul searching!

NserUame

Indophiliac said:
What are you talking about? A lot of people here are misinformed. You are the same people that believe the gold specks on the shroom increases potency. :biglaugh:

Courtesy of the best mushroom cultivation site around:

Now, the most distinctive feature of the Cubensis is that its stem bruises blue. The only mushrooms that stain Blue are the Magic Mushrooms (with few exceptions)! Many things can make the stem bruise this brilliant blue. Picking one up and lightly squeezing the stem with your fingers is the easiest way because it will display a very noticeable bluing within 15 to 30 seconds. A blade of grass rubbing against it or maybe a bug or the wind can also trigger the reaction. So some of these mushrooms will already have blue stems when you discover them.

***Extra note about Bluing***

Cubensis staining blue is thought to be a chemical reaction between oxygen and enzymes. . The oxidation gives the mushroom picker a surefire way of determining if a magic mushroom has been found. On occasion you will find cubes that are more resistant to damage and show not the slightest sign of blue when you take them out of the ground. Just give that fat stem a nice firm squeeze and then it should quickly display the color within seconds (in front of your very eyes!). If for any reason at all, you are not sure if it is staining blue, then throw the mushroom away. Whatever the reason might be, you can not miss it and if it does not stain blue, then you have probably not found a magic mushroom. It either stains blue or it does not stain blue. Period.

-mycotopia.net

It should be noted that when they say FEW exceptions that means roughly 12 species of mushroom. 4 to 6 of which can be found througout the United States. Like I said before, don't rely on just this please. Just because it may turn blue does not neccessarily mean it's edible, a couple kids where I live died not to long ago because they 'read a book'.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Guessing the tampa area is fairly void of dairy farms so in lieu of cow turds maybe you should track some hobo's and see where they deficate. I found a small bunch of them here under angry joe's cart. Ooooh hes been eating corn again.

Hobo%204.jpg

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Damn you, Verite. I never figured that you would out me by posting my pic like that. Fortunately, you didn't show the small grow that I had going on the bottom shelf of the cart.As far as the corn goes, it was the only veg I could find in the dumpster behind the restaurant. Hope you enjoyed the shrooms you stole while I took a nap.

G

a couple kids where I live died not to long ago because they 'read a book'
Shroomers correct me if I'm wrong but I think theres only been one confirmed death from a posionus mushroom and it was years ago. Care to find the article?

Latest posts

Latest posts