What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Showdown: Pink Kush vs Ultimate Pink Kush

fadedtree

Anyone try salmon kush by reeferman under green rebel farms ? It's pk x kings kush. I just thought I'd post about because it was a strange strain for sure, grew it a few months ago. As far as I know pink kush doesn't smell like salmon and neither does kings kush. But salmon is pink and king fish sounds like a salmon. Either way was just wondering if any pk growers have had fish terps ? It seems like a super weird coincidence that the kings kush x pink kush would happen to smell exactly like salmon. I wonder if it was bred like that purposely or by accident. Seems like a crazy coincidence for an F1 unless the parents displayed those traits. But I ain't no expert so I differ to you guys for any extra info on whether anyone has had fish terps from their pink kushes ?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
fadedtree No, I have never heard of Salmon Kush or fish terps. And it certainly doesn't sound appetizing. You can post your question in the Scott Family Farms sub-forum to get more eyeballs. Even Charles cruises through on occasion.

Mattbho

Mmm bubble ..

Nice plants i think the pink is kinda the end of the line if that makes any sense. Its been line bred/inbred for years and years maybe that's whaT makes them all seem similar . You can grow 10 pink and put them all in the same bag and not really notice any difference when u smoke it.

I'm pretty sure the salmon kush was named because thats how it was packaged and smuggled to usa In salmon tins . Followed by the tuna kush in tuna cans.

a fisherman friend grew an outdoor plant. Planted on a big ol carp and he fed it fish sluuries . Was the nastiest smelling fishy weed like open a box and squeeze a bud it was like sardines. I never tried it. He swore it got him lit.

Any idea how long your going to flower them? Play it by eye?
​​​​​​​

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 90. In the middle of week 6 from 12/12. The differences between the plants are finally being revealed.

The Barney’s

Click image for larger version  Name:	day-90-bpk.jpg Views:	6 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	17982271

It has certainly pulled into the lead with meaty colas building on 2 central stems (she topped herself I guess) with a nice number of lesser colas forming. It is looking like it will be a good yielder. It is also a cola leaf up plant and ‘greener’ than its tent mate. The buds are sticky with a lemony pine scent.

The Ultimate . . .

Click image for larger version  Name:	day-90-bpk.jpg Views:	6 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	17982271

Hmm. Rather than beefy colas that build up the stalk of the BPK, the Ultimate is forming much smaller localized bud sites. A lot of them but they don’t have the heft of the Barney’s. The buds are also not sticky and they have little smell. It is a cola leaf down plant and it leans toward red stems.

I stopped using the PK 13/14 after 6 days. Now I am just using the Canna twins and some cal/mg, running an ec of 1.3.

Attachments

• photo2084668.jpg
    photo2084668.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 37
  • photo2084669.jpg
    photo2084669.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I broke out my Big Boy camera . . .

Ultimate

Barney's

Attachments

• attach17985269.jpg
    attach17985269.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2085714.jpg
    photo2085714.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2085713.jpg
    photo2085713.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 40

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
A couple of plant shots for Day 97.

Ultimate

photo2086482.jpg

Barney's

photo2086483.jpg

The Barney's continues to build very hefty colas. Some stalks will need supporting shortly. The Ultimate has finally gotten sticky and its is building as well - but still much smaller colas. The Barney's has a very sweet smell mixed with the pine while the Ultimate is slightly sour pine.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Getting there . . .

I have started telling them that it is time. Bulking has slowed and they are starting to drink a little less. I cut the lights to 11/13 last week and I started tapering down the feed. ec is now 0.8.
Trichs are starting to show some cloud but I still have some white pistils as well. I am in no rush. This is Pink Kush after all and you want it to be strong and brutal.

An overall shot to show you the plants. As you can see, the Barney’s (on the right) is going to win the yield contest with probably 50 – 100% more flower. The smell is still somewhat muted on the Ultimate compared to the Barney’s.

photo2088918.jpg

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 111 - Nearing the end of flower week 9. I am still slowly dropping the feed. ec 0.5 - 06.

Clear to cloudy trichs. Sweet diesel smell on the Barney's and a very nice lavender lemon pledge on the Ultimate. The flowers are formed quite differently and of course, there is a big bulk difference. These need at least another week or two.

Barney's

photo2090372.jpg

Ultimate

photo2090371.jpg

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 116 - in the middle of the 10th week of flower. Both plants are close with more milk than clear trichs but still no amber peeking through. And there are still some white pistils around. This all means that I must have just a bit more patience. I will smoke some more hash and bring out my inner Carradine-style zen. ec is now around 0.2 but I haven’t checked it. I am starving them. I have also cut the light to 10/14 hoping that they will get the hint.

Barney's

day-116-bpk.jpg

Scott's Ultimate

photo2091922.jpg

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 127 - End of Week 11 since 12/12.

The plants fooled me. I thought that they were done so I was tapering off food. Just on a whim I went back up to ec 0.5 and they seem to be plumping a bit more.

And we have pink! Just a bit and only on some calyxes but definitely pink. Hurray Barney's . . .

photo2094358.jpg

And the Ultimate

photo2094359.jpg

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice, the Barneys is the looker atm, pink calyxs looking good !

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts