What's new

Show your instrument...

El Vexilix

Don't laugh at my BC , had to git something quik at the time .
Dig the lows and highs on this heavy thing .
picture.php

Cerb , that is one Beautiful bass guitar . Makes me wanna build my own . That thing is bang'n !

C

Cerb

Don't laugh at my BC , had to git something quik at the time .
Dig the lows and highs on this heavy thing .

Cerb , that is one Beautiful bass guitar . Makes me wanna build my own . That thing is bang'n !

Nothing to be ashamed about with a Rich. I don't dig a lot of their stuff, mainly because of playability, but some of their shapes are killer. There's a guy in the Luthier's Corner on Talkbass.com who made a custom Warlock body to replace an old nasty looking one. Let me see if I can find the link.

Bingo. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466921&highlight=Rich+Warlock

Look around in that forum if you have a chance. There is a multitude of talented builders hanging out around the Luthier's Corner.

El Vexilix

Oh my , wow , never would of found that . Thanks Cerb .
Did get it for a look and been meaning to frankensteing it . Change the freaking neck at least .

Quick question for anybody . Is there a such thing as 'psychedelic metal' ? or prog psychedelic metal .
Like T M V but heavier and crazier .

C

Cerb

Hell. I'm sure there is, but I've never really heard anything that I would call that. How metal are we talking here? King Crimson can be pretty metal at times, and they are certainly what I would consider psychedelic.

G

Greyskull

El Vexilix runningthe 9 series!
I have (2) of the old AD9 delays & (3) FL9 flangers... + an broken PT9 phaser amongst my collection of vintage sound enhancement products.
The old 9 series was packed with some really killer tones....
The one I don't have, but should have, is the TS9 - don;t need it though because i use the older Fulltone FDII...

great pics so far everyone!

Last edited:
C

Cerb

Cerb runningthe 9 series!
I have (2) of the old AD9 delays & (3) FL9 flangers... + an broken PT9 phaser amongst my collection of vintage sound enhancement products.
The old 9 series was packed with some really killer tones....
The one I don't have, but should have, is the TS9 - don;t need it though because i use the older Fulltone FDII...

great pics so far everyone!

You've got the wrong guy, brother. I'm just a lowly bassist who knows dick about effects. Vex is the guy you want. :wink:

G

guest5703

yo grey I didn't know you played???? I have been slacking the past few years, but I got an Gibson SG. Maybe well play sometime!

G

Greyskull

a gibby? man I am jealous.....
i'll have to take some shots to show you what I am working with....

El Vexilix

Yea , I miss my AD9 ' pinky' and the FL9 and my beatiful Petrucci but someone stole those works of art . Never got to obtain their phaser , lucky you . The 9 series truly does have wonderful tones
The only 'vintage' thing I have left is a digi xp100 .

bigghead

love to see the resurgence in young guitarist, it is a great time to learn. the new guitar lines are great at a fraction of the cost. Agile,prestige,Hagstrom put out excellent lps. just got a bugera 6262 head.a tube amp for $550. amazing. guitars,weed,and women am in heaven.

G

Greyskull

Here's what i shake windows with...

Here's what i shake windows with...

I love my Marshall!!!! 1979 50w JMP head modified for 2 switchable preamp gain knobs. Its like having a two channel one channel... works great with all my guitars and pedals. MMMMmmmm.... The Fender combo is a little solid state Princeton Chorus. Great little practice amp that can handle small settings fine. 2 x 10" speakers spread the sound around and make it fuller. I really like this amp. When I split the signal and hit both the Marshall & Fender I get a pretty cool tone.... not as cool as when I had my Marshall & Mesa. I miss playing with 2 1/2 stacks!

Guitar wise, I have a plethora of Epiphones. I was playing with mulitple tunings, and taking the time to tune in between songs is not something you can do really. Both Les Pauls are of the "limited edition" variety... red w/the flame, black w/the quilt.. loaded them up with Grover Rotomatics * Seymour Duncan JBs in the bridge P/U, disconnnected the neck P/U & tone controls (less signal path travel = purer signal imo) and off to la la land.

The Noel Gallagher Supernova is actually my THIRD Supernova, but first Manchester Blue (which is a gorgeous color BTW fucking brilliant)... The 2 previous Union Jacks I had ended up being traded for a)my first Marshall one channel head, and b) my current Marshall head. The blue seems rarer to me, btu I do want to get the Union Jack again to have the pair. I changed out the tuning heads to Growver Imperials... wish I had chrome though instead of the black....

to be continued...

Attachments

• amps.jpg
    amps.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 17
  • red flame lp.jpg
    red flame lp.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 13
  • black quilt lp.jpg
    black quilt lp.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 15
  • noel gallagher.jpg
    noel gallagher.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 12
G

Greyskull

part II

part II

The G&L is my latest addition. MY FIRST REAL AMERICAN GUITAR. A good friend of mine works at the factory in HB. I got to go in and try out all the guitars they had sitting around... testers, prototypes... spent a good 4 hrs in there finding the one I wanted. Killer birdseye maple neck... Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck.... shes got a prototype bridge stamped with an "M". I call it the marijuana guitar - fitting because I traded some herb for it. RAD GUITAR.

The Epi acoustic needs a trip to the shop. My little girl knocked it over and broke the electronics housing brackets.... so now the electronics module hangs out some. Kind of a bummer because this is a pretty cool acoustic. Not an old Gibson Blues King (which will be my next harvest present) but she works just fine. I changed out the tuners form the standard kidney bean grovers to the imperials to give her a more regal look. helps deviate attention from the "Epiphone" on the headstock ha ha.

The Ibanez acoustic was a gift from an ex girlfriend. I don't like it nor do I play it very much.... its cool to keep around for when friends come over to jam.

Attachments

• G&Lasat.jpg
    G&Lasat.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 17
  • ej200ce.jpg
    ej200ce.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ibanez acoustic.jpg
    ibanez acoustic.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 14

El Vexilix

That GL looks super sexy . How much weed did you have to trade ? ( don't answer that )
I'll take the Ibanez if you don't want it , he he .

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow OP..how much fun and personally gratifying it must be to sit in that room and jam with your son...cool...I'm just drifting and dreaming of what that must be like for you...what about that green/black 12 string? I can't figure out the maker? DD