What's new

Show your instrument...

C

Cerb

Opps, missed your other question. It was all built from scratch. The design is mine, and the bass started as nothing more than a pile of planks. I would post a Talkbass.com build thread, but all of the images are gone from it. They are all on my Photobucket page though in the Concordis folder.

Here is a link to the thread for the bass that is sort of in progress:
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267408

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thank you for the link Cerb, I'll keep an eye on it. The first one is a beauty, with prior "zero wood working skills." You went from novice to expert in one step. Do you plan to acrylize the ebony? That's some hard stuff.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres a used ibanez tr series i got at a trade store,had no knobs on it.It did have seymore duncan pickups ,thats what cinched the deal.Has no knobs left.Has a nice sound and fun to play

Attachments

• I.jpg
    I.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 16

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Cerb

I have done Custom Wood Working for about 35 yr's and i'm very picky!!
But i have to say you done ONE HELL OF A JOB Bro,
I'm sure it play's as nice as it looks.

+ rep

Later
I N Hail

C

Cerb

Thank you for the link Cerb, I'll keep an eye on it. The first one is a beauty, with prior "zero wood working skills." You went from novice to expert in one step. Do you plan to acrylize the ebony? That's some hard stuff.

Thanks. I am my biggest critic though. I see tons of tiny mistakes that can hopefully not be made the second time around. I didn't do the acrylizing myself. I don't have the equipment or the know-how. It was done by Larry Davis of Gallery Hardwoods. The ebony won't really need acrylization. It's hardness is more than enough to hold up to rounds.

C

Cerb

Cerb

I have done Custom Wood Working for about 35 yr's and i'm very picky!!
But i have to say you done ONE HELL OF A JOB Bro,
I'm sure it play's as nice as it looks.

+ rep

Later
I N Hail

Thanks buddy. Do you have any pictures of some of your work? I love seeing work done by those with some actual experience, especially those with as many years as you have. You have more years of woodworking experience than I have years being alive.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Actual experience is absorbed. Craftsmanship has an element that is born. You've either got it or you don't. Tons of mistakes or not, Cerb has it IMO.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Cerb-
I don't have any pic's that i can think of.
Most of my work was like Intertainment system's,Libraiy's,Studies,Office's,Ect....)
for "Richy People" LOL,,Picky has hell but they pay well.
I hope to have my shop set up this summer just got this house last yr
been busy with it :wallbash:

Later
I N Hail

D

danny karey

I wish...........................

Attachments

• terrybozziokit.jpg
    terrybozziokit.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 15

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Most of my work was like Intertainment system's,Libraiy's,Studies,Office's,Ect....)
for "Richy People" LOL,,Picky has hell but they pay well.
I hope to have my shop set up this summer just got this house last yr
been busy with it :wallbash:

Yep, high end cabinetry is where the money's at. Here's a few industrial strength cabinets, JBL 4560 mids, scoops from an old Fane catalog and fiberglass horns from an old set of SP-1s.. Not furniture quality but oh so durable. The old garage shop really comes in handy.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doobies Studio

Doobies Studio

Hey friends..I quit shooting flower images long enough to snap a couple of my other therapy..that bass Cerb posted made me do it..what a nice piece friend..good job. This is my studio and instruments. A front poarch..but South facing..great lighting and solar warming sunshine. Beautiful views out all windows. The bass is a five string I purchased from an excelent luthier up by Susanville Ca. named Mark Garza..Garzguitars.com..just a warm well fitting pleasure to play...I like it ..do you get the hint? There is an Yamaha SY77 that I just about wore out gigging with through the 80s and 90s.., a Yamaha PSR1500 that I use now for drum tracks and backing parts recording it on a Boss BR1600 CD studio. My Washburn acoustic electric AE20 also hard gigged, and my most recent purchase an Takamine G-124S classical nylon strings purchased just for a recording I was doing at the time but I love the warm tone of this as well. Due to my disabilities I had to quit live gigging about 5 years ago and miss it..tears at my heart just writing this. I do record weekly and have a friend or two stop by once in awhile to work on originals. Those of you who do live gigs still..please play a couple notes for me..thanks DD.

Attachments

• studio2009.jpg
    studio2009.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 16
  • studiobass.jpg
    studiobass.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 16
D

danny karey

Hey Cerb...That was Terry Bozzio's set.....Pretty sick for sure.

This is danny's

Attachments

• danny's set.jpg
    danny's set.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 16
  • danny's paiste set 2.jpg
    danny's paiste set 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Danny's set 2.jpg
    Danny's set 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 19

ROJO145

Veteran
Nice drums Danny,theres some dough there!!DD I wish I was on the porch with ya,sounds like a great place to smoke one and hit the strings!!

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
nice tool rock's major ass........danny is my fav drummer next to joey.......but each is beyond my skills...but you allway's gotta have something to aim for right.....where's my 808 at?..............jeje

D

danny karey

Right on man, TOOL is killer for sure, can't wait for there summer tour, hope they come to Canada again.......They will probabely be playing around the states for sure, just hope they come to Canada for a couple shows.

Danny

C

Cerb

Hey friends..I quit shooting flower images long enough to snap a couple of my other therapy..that bass Cerb posted made me do it..what a nice piece friend..good job. This is my studio and instruments. A front poarch..but South facing..great lighting and solar warming sunshine. Beautiful views out all windows. The bass is a five string I purchased from an excelent luthier up by Susanville Ca. named Mark Garza..Garzguitars.com..just a warm well fitting pleasure to play...I like it ..do you get the hint? There is an Yamaha SY77 that I just about wore out gigging with through the 80s and 90s.., a Yamaha PSR1500 that I use now for drum tracks and backing parts recording it on a Boss BR1600 CD studio. My Washburn acoustic electric AE20 also hard gigged, and my most recent purchase an Takamine G-124S classical nylon strings purchased just for a recording I was doing at the time but I love the warm tone of this as well. Due to my disabilities I had to quit live gigging about 5 years ago and miss it..tears at my heart just writing this. I do record weekly and have a friend or two stop by once in awhile to work on originals. Those of you who do live gigs still..please play a couple notes for me..thanks DD.

Mr. Garza is a wonderful luthier. I've never seem anything from him that looks like that though. Was that a custom piece for you personally? Is its neck as chunky as the bass' that it resembles? I love me a chunky neck, and Warwick certainly knows how to make them.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cerb...yes friend it has a nice fat chunky neck. No he did not make it for me personally...although I do know him well. I was contemplating and visiting wih him about he crafting me one and this he had on consignment in Reno for quite some time. He pulled it of the shelf, I played it, the warm woody tone captured me! I now consider myself fortunate to own it. Again Cerb...nice work on yours..DD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts