What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show Us Your Indoor Ghetto Moves...

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Reduce Reuse Recycle

picture.php

Did i ever show off my ghetto smart pots?

RespectGreen

Veteran
Haha I just built a 4k room on about 250$ in materials, gna have to snap some pics when I get my camera back... I got some ghetto stuff goin' on myself ;)

Love this thread!

J

Javadog

Great thread!

I did make the DIY filter...the process is online, here I am sure.

Take care all,

JD

Attachments

• Carbon-Filter1.jpg
    Carbon-Filter1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Carbon-Filter6.jpg
    Carbon-Filter6.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Carbon-Filter3.jpg
    Carbon-Filter3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Carbon-Filter4.jpg
    Carbon-Filter4.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 7
  • Carbon-Filter5.jpg
    Carbon-Filter5.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 8

tenbux

I have been roaming the ducting isle,and came up with something very similar to this.What did you make the "center" out of? I have most of the parts,but have not built it yet. I was thinking a heavier screen to form the cylinder,and screen for a door or window screen to hold the carbon in.That would be for the outer,and inner sides of the cylinder.

J

Javadog

Thanks for taking the time 5th.

I am not entirely certain that that is the precise link that I used, but can confirm that
that is indeed the process I followed, and the result that I produced.

I just finished my first serious grow. There was never, even once, a moment when my
efforts were noticeable outside of the room in which the grow is happening.

FWIW, I think that hardware cloth is the way to go. The nylon keeps the pellets from
being sucked up the duct, and the pre-filter cover keeps them from falling out of the unit.
....and, this being said, the cloth allows for the best airflow possible. I think that this
is important.

Good luck,

JD