What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show Us Your Indoor Ghetto Moves...

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Yah!!

Yah!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That's the good shit festi! I know a guy who has 1, 1000 watt bulbe under a 5x5 reflector he built~! I was like wtf..... and he had 8 of em! Ever think of going into the metal scrap and panty hose business?! lol PEace and love bro, Stagger

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally decided to go vertical, here's a few pics of my d.i.y./ghetto light stack with screen and fan. It's actually quite stable and doesn't weigh more than about 12 pounds.

600w on top, 400 in the middle with a 250 on the bottom.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The sockets are suspended by chains to they can be easily moved as needed. I cut little birdcage doors in below each socket to allow for changing the bulbs.

Respect and Big Ups to Marlo for the WoW thread and his idea to use orange caution fence along the walls! The County had a half roll of it laying along the road for like 3 months...which made it "public domain" as far as I'm concerned (thank you very much!). Thinking of taking the rest of the roll back and dropping it off for the next guy lol.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're a first guy in your ghetto, aren't ya?

Magnificent upgrade!!

LOL, I think it's part of my genetic background. Plus, I've got
Scottish blood, and we're known to be "thrifty"/cheap (no offense old pink) :)

ya most pics here show some wicked skills... but bonez wins hands down... fuck someone should donate him a 600w or something for winning.... hes got the space no doubt.

C

Classy@Home

I'm ghetto-licious...

I'm ghetto-licious...

Plastic storage box, turned on end. 2 x 3" passive intakes in bottom, 2 x 3" holes in top (w/ room exhaust fan duct taped to top of box). 4 x 40w cfls (added a 70w hps later). 1 x 11 litre rubber maid tub w/ up to 5 x 4" netpots. Rockwool cubes in hydroton. Foil meatloaf pans as reflectors. Charcoal and mesh odor control.

I grew for 3 yrs in this - at one time I had 15 plants / clones in it. Had White Rhino, AK48, NL, Blue Mystic, and others - not all at the same time.

I wired pretty much everything myself, computer fans, exhaust, lights...

Last edited:

5th

Veteran
lol...I can see why your named classy. That shits tight man. I'm using that root pic as my sceen saver at the moment.

methias

Garbage bag cut in half taped to a fan, 8$ 4 inch ducting from home depot, 4$ duct tape roll for fittings, 11$ vent with flaps. = 30$ ventilation system.

2n9hx82.jpg

Here's the vent out the top of my closet. Problem? :D

First Kudos for the fan bag to duct transition.:bump: Clever..
Simple, sweet, and functional. Well done.:gday:

But as to your question.
Why yes I do see a small problem. If stealth is important that glow from inside the vent louvers is an attention getter and you may want to address that.
But very nice overall.:good:

Here was my first grow.:plant grow:
Bathtub, 5 gal bucket, miracle grow, 5 or 6 CFL and hanger wire to hold some mylar a/c duct skin tented to reflect back in. To exhaust I covered the bathroom exhaust fan with those 8x8 square carbon embedded fabric stuff that came from an air filter I had. Just taped the filter stuff over the exhaust fan intake and it worked.

The old post is https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=140141
Peace all

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you've come to the right place for ghetto.

picture.php

when i tried hydro. conveniently inside my veg box, a 23-30? gallon rubbermaid with cfl's mounted to the ceiling of the lid with wire and a powerstrip...after the upgrade. before the upgrade it was the top of an old lamp.

picture.php

the inside of my cab. one of the early designs. the holes in the floor were cut too small at first. i just drilled a bunch of holes. but then that wasn't enough so i cut those out. but then it turned out that wasn't the problem and they were too big now. anyway now i have a sheet of plyboard tile i use to cover some of the holes depending on whether or not i have my carbon filter on.

as you can see yes those are juice bottles with the top cut off.

picture.php

at one point in time my veg box was a footlocker turned on it's side with a single bulb duct taped to the ceiling. the bulb was in a socket from a gutted stand lamp.

picture.php

my hydro again, multiple examples of ghetto in one shot. using lava rocks as a medium, the red for the dwc is one of those plastic shoeboxes with holes crudely cut with a box cutter. scuffed the outside and sprayed a later of black then white then black paint. one pot is a plant started in dirt with the roots growing down through rockwool. the light is a 70w security lamp converted to remote ballast.

current incarnation has me using beer cups and little pots i can find, reused nursery pots, cutoff bottles, etc. whatever is around and fits the bill. you can see the board i use to control the airflow. im using a computer fan to cool my lights which exhaust up through small holes cut into the shelf above where i keep the ballasts and power cords and shit.
picture.php

i would post my carbon filter too but i think im at the limit. lets test.

nope that didn't work. but if you guys are impressed with these examples then check out the micro growers forum its all D.I.Y in there or ghetto as it is sometimes called.

gyntwaiser

Iv got sum ghetto style going on aswell.
Chek my ventilation/wiring/room
Ventilation started at this rooftop fan.
picture.php

N cam out lookkking this.
picture.php

Wires
picture.php

Reflector
picture.php

"door"
picture.php

At the right bottom tht "air inlet".
Both room r dark so no brob with "light leaks" in or out.