What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

shout out for your ball team, baseball that is.

oaktree

cocktail frank said:
Take a good long look at this year's NL MVP
just plain 25 yr old david wright.
if you dont know who this budding superstar is, you must be under a rock.
AAGZ173_8x10-2006BattingAction.jpg

for the record, he plays for my favorite team, NY Mets
newyorkmets.jpg

and if you don't know who the mets are, you will when they win it all this year!

P.S. all of you that claim to be yankee fans, you just fell down a notch in my book.
879.jpg
YES! METS! we're going to the world series!

Dr. Dog i go the rout of Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and all things fantasy sports... really loving my team this year

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cocktail frank said:
just remember, the yanks are always the best team money can buy.
that's a bit hypocritical frank.
who has the biggest payroll in the Natl. League frank?
hmmmmmmm could it be the METS???????

At least with their huge payroll every year the Yanks usually see the playoffs, so what is the Mets excuse? Huge payroll AND lousy play, sad, really just sad.

Last edited:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the mets didnt start spending money until '05.
yankees been spending since george took over,
how many years has that been??

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I'm probably gonna get bottles thrown at me for this one.
But I gotta represent the hometown.

pMLB2-3537600dt.jpg

oaktree

The Mets payroll is about the same as the detroit tigers who also didn't make the playoffs last year. The Mets payroll got a little fatter this year due to Santana, but the Mets arent paying every player 13, 15, 18, 19, 28 million dollars.... regardless the mets do spend a lot but so do most of the larger market teams. Met's will do well this year, they'll also win the season series vs. the yankees, and we'll get pedro back in like 2 months. Plenty of good baseball to be seen over the nice 6 month season. I fucking love baseball :rasta:

Peace, good luck with all your teams, watch out for those Mets :canabis:

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
watchin the jays vs yanks right now :joint:

I boldly predict a dubya for the jays

rios is swingin a hot bat

rootfingers

I have no love for professional sports. IMHO it hurts humanity's thought process. I think pro sprots dumb down the population the same way religion does.

Now, participating in sport is a completely different story, and if any of you want to step to my fast pitch wiffle ball team. . . :headbange

trouble

Veteran
Right now my Atlanta Braves are down 2-0 in the bottom of the 6th to Pittsburgh. Were working on a 1-3 start for the season. Someone get my man Bobby Cox a bottle of scotch, good cigar, and a wife to slap around, maybe that will change our luck! :wave:

........................................................................................................

Bake_McBride

Phightin' Phils Phan here. 1-2 start, but like Rollins says, "We're Still the Team to Beat". Watch out Reds.

Bake

G

geminibud

C U B B I E S...........

fuck the yankees by the way,and all the fairweather fans who jump ship 2-3 times a year.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watch out ostoners,

IN DA HOUSE!

First game going to the Yankees 4 to 1.......

Last edited: