should i get over her?

should i get over her?

• yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

_angst_

I dated her on and off for almost 2 years. Things were going well when I got a job in LA (decent one, making 80k) and left her in the midwest. Asked her to come with, but she wants to be by her family... family seems to be causing her a lot of drama.

Should I give up and move on?

I'm getting depressed these days, thinking I still have a glimmer of hope. I miss the good times, but she used to create some drama, too (voluntarily lying - who does that?, arbitrary yelling, break ups). She appologized for all that and said she got therapy. I dunno.

I'm turning 26. She's 24. It probably won't work between her and I anyways, but any other relationship I left was because either she or I ran it completely into the ground. This one is different because I moved and we didn't end the relationship pissed off at each other.

Sorry for rambling. I'm intoxicated and depressed (the weed is making me feel like I DON'T want to eat a gun at the moment).

Women. Blah.

G

she would have gone with you or at least visit you if she cared as much as you did, i'm sure you'll find a nice girl in LA. On you wage you could probably buy one if all else fails.

_angst_

I agree she should have come! I don't really want to do the hookers thing. I'm actually a little scared that LA women might see dollar signs first. I know I'm not super loaded, but I'm also not on welfare either. I know she loved me for me and loved me before I got the big job.

Let me preface this with the fact that I'm misanthropic not misogynistic...

I thought it was a no brainer:
Love + Money + Success = Every woman's type
?
I'm really wondering why she chose to move back home to a super small town to be too poor to move out from mom and dad's house over the life I could give her.

Color me shocked. If some girl I loved won the lotto and said "Let's move to Hawaii and never worry about money again" you bet your sweet ass I'd be going to Hawaii with her.

G

i think your relationship is doomed...i think you already gave up on it so why even ask...

trouble

Veteran
_angst_ said:
I dated her on and off for almost 2 years. Things were going well when I got a job in LA (decent one, making 80k) and left her in the midwest.

My God Man! Taking your girlfriend to LA is like taking a Ham Sandwich to a Banquet!

Get over her and start mixing-it-up with a few of those many good looking Cali girls!

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
trouble said:
My God Man! Taking your girlfriend to LA is like taking a Ham Sandwich to a Banquet!

Get over her and start mixing-it-up with a few of those many good looking Cali girls!

I completely agree, I did kind of the same thing when I got a job offer a few years back, I took my current gf with me, that was a mistake. I needed to spread my seed a bit, I cannot imagine that you would have a hrd time finding someone in teh LA area

b8man

Veteran
You're young - having the relationship in limbo doesn't let either of you get on with your lives and get closure on the old relationship. Finish it with the old girl once and for all - and find a nice girl in LA. There are still nice girls in LA hiding in the shadows. So, yeah, date some girls in the shadows.

Unless they're hookers. So you know, check that first.

jgaf

please dude, do your self a favour -> go get laid, im sure youll be able to make up your mind a lot sooner after.

women aren't worth getting depressed over man. to be blunt (hehe) I would say just get over her. its not worth the trouble at all. you'll live something like an extra 15+ years if you leave her now. women contribute to like 3/4ths of ever mans stress level i swear haha. her mistake for not coming out there with you. does she not realize she can stay close with her family with visits, email, letters, phone calls, myspace, etc. etc. etc. these days? shit- some people will never leave the mid west and I feel sorry for those people.

Last edited:

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Shit man you are making good money...In a city where i hear grade A booty can be found. Go out have fun..**** til you drop, weed should keep depression at bay. There is bound to be some, i know i just broke up with my girl a few months ago..

Live a little!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing helps getting over the last like getting under the next.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Well shiat man, I am in practically the same situation, well no actually its totally different, but related.... I still am so freaking undecided on what I am going to do, and it shouldn't even require thought, I have decided I am just crazy....

So I would say, if you really love her, then take a weekend and fly back to BFE nowhere, spend some time with her, tell her if she really loves you to make arrangements with her work that she is leaving in the next 3 weeks and that's that.

For my current love, i met her totally randomly for a beer at a bar, 2 weeks later i was flying 1300 miles away to visit her, and a month after that I moved here....****ing insane what love can do to you.

I would say follow your heart, without knowing more of the story i just voted yes, figuring it can't hurt?

G

GOT_BUD? said:
Nothing helps getting over the last like getting under the next.

sage advice for sure! get over it, bro. keep yourself busy and you won't have time to be depressed. also you need to snap out of it cause no woman wants to be with some pathetic heartbroken man. the sooner that you get on with your life, the sooner you will get on with your life.

tracy